GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 20:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Experts Global Preptest Review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Experts Global Preptest Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 04:31
Hi

First of all, I want to celebrate my new high score :lol: . I have been working from 500 to 650. It may not consider a high for many people, but for me, this score means a success since I am a very bad non-native English speaker from South East Asia.

Anyway, the main review is about how accurate and the pros/cons of this Experts Global prep test.

These are the comparison between my official scores and experts global's scores.
- 10 Sep; 670 (Q46,V36); Experts Global Prep Test 1
- 17 Sep; 670 (Q49,V32); Experts Global Prep Test 2
- 19 Sep; 600 (Q49, V23); GMAT Official Prep Exam 2 (1st try)
- 22 Sep; 560 (Q47,V20); Experts Global Prep Test 3
- 24 Sep; 600 (Q48,V25); GMAT Official Score

- 4 Nov; 590 (Q48,V24); Experts Global Prep Test 4
- 12 Nov; 650 (Q49,V28); GMAT Official Prep Exam 2 (2nd try)
- 15 Nov; 670 (Q49,V32); Experts Global Prep Test 5
- 18 Nov; 610 (Q50,V24); Experts Global Prep Test 6
- 20 Nov; 650 (Q49,V29); Experts Global Prep Test 7
- 23 Nov; 650 (Q50,V28); GMAT Official Score

What I found are
1. OG Prep test can accurately predict my score in both 2 times (though i do it in 2nd try when i got 650)
2. Experts global test 1-2 (which i got 670) are not accurate. However the rest test which is test 3-7 can nearly represent my real GMAT score.
3. The last experts global test on 20nov can 100% represent my score on 23nov

So these are my pros/cons opinion about this experts global test
Pros
- it can nearly represent the real GMAT score.
- it shows the same screen while you test as the real official test.
- it is not expensive.
- there are 15 of them to use.
- it is timing your breaking time, so you have a limited break time to spend (though you can close the window to pause or pause during the instruction part of the test)

Cons
- few questions are the same or nearly the same as OG book question. So it is so easy to correct them since you used to see them.
- few RC questions are about specific detail (eg. are these I,II,III in the passage?) which rarely seen in real OG question (i think?)
- few Quant questions are too hard and out of scope
- it is possible to get many of the questions incorrect and still score high
- most of the answer explanations are not good enough to clearly understand especially in verbal part. Most of them are like "A B C D are awkward, so we choose E" :lol: But we can find a better explanation in Gmatclub anyway

To sum up
It is worth money and time to buy and use Experts Global prep test. It can nearly represent the real GMAT score. But the best is still OG prep test.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Experts Global Preptest Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 04:40
Hi Zatan99,
Many congratulations for your new score. :angel: :thumbup:
The test reviews of Expert global has to be posted on: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-glob ... 11362.html
If you took the Expert global prep course, then you can post your review here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/experts-global-345345699

Thanks.
Zatan99 wrote:
Hi

First of all, I want to celebrate my new high score :lol: . I have been working from 500 to 650. It may not consider a high for many people, but for me, this score means a success since I am a very bad non-native English speaker from South East Asia.

Anyway, the main review is about how accurate and the pros/cons of this Experts Global prep test.

These are the comparison between my official scores and experts global's scores.

What I found are
1. OG Prep test can accurately predict my score in both 2 times (though i do it in 2nd try when i got 650)
2. Experts global test 1-2 (which i got 670) are not accurate. However the rest test which is test 3-7 can nearly represent my real GMAT score.

Pros
- it is not expensive.
- it is timing your breaking time, so you have a limited break time to spend (though you can close the window to pause or pause during the instruction part of the test)

Cons
- few questions are the same or nearly the same as OG book question. So it is so easy to correct them since you used to see them.
- few RC questions are about specific detail (eg. are these I,II,III in the passage?) which rarely seen in real OG question (i think?)
- most of the answer explanations are not good enough to clearly understand especially in verbal part. Most of them are like "A B C D are awkward, so we choose E" :lol: But we can find a better explanation in Gmatclub anyway

To sum up
It is worth money and time to buy and use Experts Global prep test. It can nearly represent the real GMAT score. But the best is still OG prep test.

Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 04:31
sjas31 wrote:
Hi Zatan99,
Many congratulations for your new score. :angel: :thumbup:
The test reviews of Expert global has to be posted on: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-glob ... 11362.html
If you took the Expert global prep course, then you can post your review here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/experts-global-345345699

Thanks.
Zatan99 wrote:
Hi

What I found are

Pros
- it is not expensive.

Cons

To sum up

Hi Sjas31

Thank you for the mention and I am sorry about the mistake. I will change it to the post you suggest. Thank you!
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 04:52
Zatan99 wrote:
Hi Sjas31

Thank you for the mention and I am sorry about the mistake. I will change it to the post you suggest. Thank you!

No problem, I think you cannot move there but you can write a new one :)
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Experts Global Preptest Review   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2019, 04:52

Experts Global Preptest Review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics