GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 May 2019, 17:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 2.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 07:22
Hi abhimahna bb,

Noticed a bug, which i can exploit on 25th Dec. :p
So, yesterday Gmatclub tests were free for 24hours. I started one test and paused the same. Now when the whole day is over i can still unpause the test and complete the exam. However, at holiday season i can pause atleast 10 sessions and get those tests free.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:13
Akshay. wrote:
Hi abhimahna bb,

Noticed a bug, which i can exploit on 25th Dec. :p
So, yesterday Gmatclub tests were free for 24hours. I started one test and paused the same. Now when the whole day is over i can still unpause the test and complete the exam. However, at holiday season i can pause atleast 10 sessions and get those tests free.

Wow. Nice. Well done!

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
Manager
Manager
G
GPA: 4
WE: Human Resources (Human Resources)
Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:39
abhimahna bb

I'm facing the following problem since few 1 month.

After marking the notifications as 'Read' or even after opening the notification/s still it won't go. Similarly for notifications about points or chats.
Attachment:
1.png
1.png [ 73.83 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]

See. Still not gone.
Attachment:
2 problem.png
2 problem.png [ 161.01 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]

Moreover, I wasn't able to access free GMAT tests that were available previously, and also during Thanksgiving season I'd tried.
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 17:28
topper97 wrote:
abhimahna bb

I'm facing the following problem since few 1 month.

After marking the notifications as 'Read' or even after opening the notification/s still it won't go. Similarly for notifications about points or chats.
Attachment:
1.png

See. Still not gone.
Attachment:
2 problem.png

Moreover, I wasn't able to access free GMAT tests that were available previously, and also during Thanksgiving season I'd tried.

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean "won't go"? What is specifically the issue you are reporting?

Thanks!
BB.

New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Manager
Manager
G
WE: Human Resources (Human Resources)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 21:25
bb wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean "won't go"? What is specifically the issue you are reporting?

Thanks!
BB.

There's always that red symbol indicating notification even after marking the notifications as 'read' or after I actually open it. So the red symbol 'doesn't go'.

Regards.

Posted from my mobile device
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 23:13
topper97 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks!
BB.

There's always that red symbol indicating notification even after marking the notifications as 'read' or after I actually open it. So the red symbol 'doesn't go'.

Regards.

Do you mean Orange when you say Red? or what Red you referring to?

New! OG2020 Directory !

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member
Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 21:43
topper97 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks!
BB.

Regards.

I face this issue with chats notification(it is orange for me ;) ),all the time.Also never sure how we get the number of notifications for chat.Sometimes i get the number 4 even though there are only two chatrooms shown in chat .

One more observation,I see a profile with Joined Date as :31 Dec,1969.I am sure the club did not exist at that time. ;)
Attachments

File comment: Joined Date
Bug.png
Bug.png [ 131.01 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]

If the post was useful,please send the kudos
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 14:43
AnkitOrYadav wrote:
topper97 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks!
BB.

Regards.

I face this issue with chats notification(it is orange for me ;) ),all the time.Also never sure how we get the number of notifications for chat.Sometimes i get the number 4 even though there are only two chatrooms shown in chat .

One more observation,I see a profile with Joined Date as :31 Dec,1969.I am sure the club did not exist at that time. ;)

Hi. #4 means that there are 4 people actively engaged in a conversation. That is not the number of rooms. Meaning that the notification is triggered by actual activity.

New! OG2020 Directory !

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 14:47
AnkitOrYadav wrote:

This indicates the user has been deleted but their post has remained. Thus it is a post by a ghost user :shocked

New! OG2020 Directory !

VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 00:45
Hi bb

Good day/Good evening to you

After 6 months of preparing on gmatclub, this is the first time i noticed the attached discrepancy.
( Not sure if this has been already reported or not, or if this is working as designed)

Why did this window get so haphazard for this specific reply, is it because of so many internal quotes or on issue with its compactness.

Attachments

6A2FA347-B038-41E2-888D-5D68D202DE02.jpeg
6A2FA347-B038-41E2-888D-5D68D202DE02.jpeg [ 386.45 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

Quote which i can relate to.
Many of life's failures happen with people who do not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:38
KanishkM wrote:
Hi bb

After 6 months of preparing on gmatclub, this is the first time i noticed the attached discrepancy.
( Not sure if this has been already reported or not, or if this is working as designed)

Why did this window get so haphazard for this specific reply, is it because of so many internal quotes or on issue with its compactness.

Thank you! There is no way around that one unfortunately as it has a big long line of formula/math text without a space.
P.S. I have activated your subscription.

New! OG2020 Directory !

Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:49
KanishkM wrote:
Hi bb

Hi Kanishk

the blackened portion contains my name and yours. Am I correct. ;)
G
Schools: Anderson '21, LBS '21
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 23:07
Hi bb,

Greetings! User is not able to solve the RC questions as he is supposed to.

Steps:
Open any RC from the forum in gmat app.

Bug Details:
Please find the attachment
User is not able to view the questions but able to see the grid for the respective questions with timer and options.

Please let me know in case any concerns.
Attachments

Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-06-04-227_com.deepinspire.gmatclub.png
Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-06-04-227_com.deepinspire.gmatclub.png [ 126.64 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]

VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 02:46
bb wrote:
KanishkM wrote:
Hi bb

Thank you! There is no way around that one unfortunately as it has a big long line of formula/math text without a space.

Hi bb

Thank you for your reply to my mentioned discrepancy.

Post your reply, i realized that since the mail, which we get, basically mirrors the concerned part of the post, the discrepancy is inevitable.

I certainly agree on this, and am i correct at assuming that we cannot put any constraints on that?

Are you tweaking the "No of edits message which we used to get", these days ?(thought of asking)

For example if i edit this post, once posted, i dont see this footer any more.

"You edited this post 1 time at this time."

Many of life's failures happen with people who do not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 02:54
chetan2u wrote:
KanishkM wrote:
Hi bb

Hi Kanishk

the blackened portion contains my name and yours. Am I correct. ;)

Hi chetan2u

Apart from yours,there are 2 more names there, But sadly not mine. :)

I did a good job in hiding their names :-D.

I thought of first blackening the post completely, But to give credibility to the issue i did a poor job there.

Nevertheless, i hope that i dont get an opportunity of doing that, but if it does I will certainly ping you.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 07:51
Manas1212 wrote:
Hi bb,

Greetings! User is not able to solve the RC questions as he is supposed to.

Steps:
Open any RC from the forum in gmat app.

Bug Details:
Please find the attachment
User is not able to view the questions but able to see the grid for the respective questions with timer and options.

Please let me know in case any concerns.

Thank you Manas1212
It is a known "bug/feature" with the RC formatting. you have to swipe right to see the question. Nobody can figure it out (don't feel bad) so we are changing it. (The question text is to the right of the timer - swipe it)

Thx.
BB.

New! OG2020 Directory !

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 07:53
KanishkM wrote:
bb wrote:
KanishkM wrote:
Hi bb

Hi bb

Thank you for your reply to my mentioned discrepancy.

Post your reply, i realized that since the mail, which we get, basically mirrors the concerned part of the post, the discrepancy is inevitable.

I certainly agree on this, and am i correct at assuming that we cannot put any constraints on that?

Are you tweaking the "No of edits message which we used to get", these days ?(thought of asking)

For example if i edit this post, once posted, i dont see this footer any more.

"You edited this post 1 time at this time."

Thank you for thinking about it. There should be a message but not always. The way the forum was built by its coders (this is an off-the-shelf platform), there is a time limit - It is different for moderators and users and I can't really remember :oops: how long it takes for users but it either has a time limit or it is triggered AFTER another post is made. Can you please try editing your post again to see if that line/message appear there?

Thank you!

New! OG2020 Directory !

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 07:59
KanishkM wrote:

Let me find out about this one.

Thanks!
BB.

New! OG2020 Directory !

VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 08:09
bb wrote:

Thank you for thinking about it. There should be a message but not always. The way the forum was built by its coders (this is an off-the-shelf platform), there is a time limit - It is different for moderators and users and I can't really remember :oops: how long it takes for users but it either has a time limit or it is triggered AFTER another post is made. Can you please try editing your post again to see if that line/message appear there?

Thank you!

Thank you for the quick turnaround.

Yes, there is a time limit,i got that message. :angel:

Somehow i switched ON the tester mode of mine :shh: back to GMAT :-D

Have a great day!!!

CEO
CEO
P
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 10:20
bb , abhimahna
The issue is related to the gmatclubforum ios mobile app, I have installed the gmatclubforum mobile app on both of my android and ios devices with same login id, what I have noticed is that though on the android app the notification/alert on reply to post, reply on forums, reply on topics, activity follow up for following users comes almost instantaneously but whereas on ios the same alerts come up with a delay of atleast 30-45 mins..
Please note that most of the time both my handsets ios & android are connected on same wifi network and I am using same mobile network provider so the question of internet connection is OFS...
I believe its some technical glitch in terms of app update which is due for ios , kindly check..
Re: Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2019, 10:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 49 posts ] 

Find a bug and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap