GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 06:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
Schools: Gies iMBA'21 (A)
GPA: 3.91
Re: Gies iMBA anyone?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 11:38
imba2019 wrote:
PiaH wrote:
I just submitted my application today. So nervous...
Really hope that can hear some good news.

Since you submitted after Round2 deadline, i think you will be waiting for a while. Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks. yea thats fine I was ready for that. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 09:25
I had my interview this morning as well. It was really casual. Asked pretty much the same questions as in the essay. I was told that they will send the decision email on Apr 5th.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 09:28
Good luck to ya. I think mine will take time.
I want this to work out so badly lol

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 14:51
karthikraviiyer wrote:
I had my interview this morning as well. It was really casual. Asked pretty much the same questions as in the essay. I was told that they will send the decision email on Apr 5th.

Even I had my interview on Friday. questions were straight forward.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.55
WE: Operations (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 18:42
Submitted my application on February 26th, got the email for an interview invite today March 10th. Interview scheduled for March 14th.

I'm guessing after the interviews, 2nd round applications will hear back around mid april?

Also, has anyone found any clue on how UIUC iMBA is ranked nationally? I don't see it on US NEWs or P&Q
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 19:16
tringuyen0243 wrote:

Also, has anyone found any clue on how UIUC iMBA is ranked nationally? I don't see it on US NEWs or P&Q

I actually reached out to one of the P&Q editors to ask why the program has not yet been ranked. He said that they didn't have enough alumni up to this point, but expects that it will do well in the 2020 rankings.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 19:18
tringuyen0243 wrote:
Submitted my application on February 26th, got the email for an interview invite today March 10th. Interview scheduled for March 14th.

I'm guessing after the interviews, 2nd round applications will hear back around mid april?

Apr 5 is when the results come out for round 2. iMBA was ranked 29 in 2017. It was delisted later under request. More info on poetsandquants

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 10:55
imba2019 wrote:
tringuyen0243 wrote:

Apr 5 is when the results come out for round 2. iMBA was ranked 29 in 2017. It was delisted later under request. More info on poetsandquants

Yeah I read that it was delisted by P&Q the article was from 2017 though... I just wanted to compare it to the other online MBA programs out there. IMO it seems like it would be top 10 based off what i'm reading and seeing for class statistics postMBA it would be ranked close to University of Maryland online MBA, dont think it reaches indiana or UNC or tepper

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard where the general number range falls between
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 12:14
Just wanted to post my experience with the application process so far, and ask a question as well.

So I basically submitted the application on February 26, Recommendations took a while but the last one came in on March 11. In the meanwhile, they asked me to interview (they asked on March 5 and I did the interview on March 7). Just thought this would be an interesting data point for people who have recommenders delay their submission. I was going for the March 1 deadline, so they told me that all the recs need to come in by March 15 or the application will be deemed incomplete.

so my question - The last rec only came in after the interview, so from what I see on this forum, will I also be waiting until April 5 potentially to hear back from them?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 13:44
The ranking was discussed in my interview. The reason for not getting ranked is the lack of GMAT requirement. US news ranking is based on GMAT participant count. New poets and quants rating is what they will participate. This rating doesn’t weigh in on the number of GMAT scores.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 19:40
harshith1991 wrote:
so my question - The last rec only came in after the interview, so from what I see on this forum, will I also be waiting until April 5 potentially to hear back from them?

Yes. Results for round 2 is on Apr 5. I would think you are still part of round 2 since you competed everything before mar 15.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 15:13
AJmba2019 wrote:
The ranking was discussed in my interview. The reason for not getting ranked is the lack of GMAT requirement. US news ranking is based on GMAT participant count. New poets and quants rating is what they will participate. This rating doesn’t weigh in on the number of GMAT scores.

interesting, I guess that's one of the questions I will ask them during the interview as well... The other programs all also offer no GMAT requirements as well
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 07:56
Someone requested me to post my interview experience.
It was around20 minutes. Tell us something about yourself we don’t know from your essay and resume?
Then what would you contribute towards the class. Some conversation over this..
then my questions about the program and some conversation over that.
I think it lasted 20-25 minutes.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 10:05
AJmba2019 wrote:
Someone requested me to post my interview experience.
It was around20 minutes. Tell us something about yourself we don’t know from your essay and resume?
Then what would you contribute towards the class. Some conversation over this..
then my questions about the program and some conversation over that.
I think it lasted 20-25 minutes.

Thanks i am going to have my interview this very Friday. Quite fast reply from the iMBA program. I am excited.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 16:03
Hey, does anyone's recommender experienced difficulty in receiving the request of LoR email? My prof. couldn't receive any email from UIUC. I'm waiting for the admission team to get back to me.
One more thing, I'm curious about everyone's work experience. I only have three years FT experience. Not sure if it's gonna affect my chance. I'm a bit anxious.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 17:01
RHCP wrote:
Hey, does anyone's recommender experienced difficulty in receiving the request of LoR email? My prof. couldn't receive any email from UIUC. I'm waiting for the admission team to get back to me.
One more thing, I'm curious about everyone's work experience. I only have three years FT experience. Not sure if it's gonna affect my chance. I'm a bit anxious.

None of my references had any challenge with receiving emails. You can go back to your application to resend ref email. Ask your prof to check junk/spam.

I have 12yrs experience, not sure if that really has any weightage.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 01:20
RHCP wrote:

My recommender also have no issue receiving emails from the system. I have working experience of 7 years.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 13:11
Hello Everyone,

I applied in round 2 and submitted my application on March 1. My references were also uploaded by March 5. I haven't heard back about the interview and portal shows decision pending. It shows that we will know the result by April 5th. I'm a bit nervous now. Has anyone got admission without an interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 13:55
premba wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I applied in round 2 and submitted my application on March 1. My references were also uploaded by March 5. I haven't heard back about the interview and portal shows decision pending. It shows that we will know the result by April 5th. I'm a bit nervous now. Has anyone got admission without an interview?

No, I don't think anyone can get accepted without an interview. There is no reason to worry - just write them an email and ask about the interview date.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 14:00
RHCP wrote:

I am an international applicant and one of my references had the invitation falling into Spam/Unwanted folder. It seems that 3 years of experience is on the lower side, so there will be more focus on your academics/GMAT score in admission assessment.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Gies iMBA anyone?   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2019, 14:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 257 posts ] 

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status