Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT 670 (Q47, V35)IR 2 :( HELPPP PLS!! [#permalink]
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I can understand your concern re: the IR score, which is definitely low. To date we haven't seen IR make a huge impact for the admissions process, except perhaps in some rare tie-breaker type cases. BUT you can always reach out to that specific admissions office and ask about how important IR is or how it's evaluated and see if you can get any additional insight. I'd focus more on the overall GMAT, which sounds like it's in the general range but that is a wide range and I don't know what the actual average is for that class; with a 670 you could be on the lower end certainly. The admissions process is holistic and having strong essays and LORs will help, and your background in architecture may be slightly less common which could help. I don't know what your grades were like; that could be vital, or whether you have other factors such as community service that would be a plus. Big picture I'd say, you could always try the GMAT once more ASAP just in case you improve from one more shot, even without much if any prep (especially if you did better on any recent reputable practice tests). Or if really hesitant to go that route, you could at least see if you can find out the actual class average to help better gauge where you may fall. Keep us posted!!

Hello.

Thanks a lot for reverting back!

I have kept a mail directly to the admissions tem regarding my IR score. They said they dint consider IR seriously!
Iam presently working on my essays and short answers! there is a deadline for round 2 on 29th november.
I will surely post what happens next!

Thankyou once again.
Send PM
Expert Reply
So good to hear that update, good luck on the apps and essays and keep us posted!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey

I go the interview invite from Duke for MMS FOB program. The interview took place on on 27th jan over Skype.

It did not go as well as i expected it to be. :(
The interviewer was a Duke alumni from Pakistan, presently working in the USA. He seemed a little strict and was taking notes while i was talking!! The interview was not really conversational! So i was a little taken aback.
I could answer general ques regarding myself, why duke, strengths and weaknesses etc. but couldn't answer behavioral questions based on leadership well.
Overall, it was not up-to the mark i felt!
Waiting for the results. Fingers crossed.

I would like to know the weightage given to interview by the duke admission committee in the overall application process.

Regards,
Sravya
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sravya,

Congrats on the interview and getting it under your belt, and it sounds like you had some good responses for some important questions. There is not much you can do now beyond wait and see! As much as I know it is tempting to over-analyze, given that now it's a waiting game, it may benefit you more to relax and keep your mind off of it. For any school, the admissions process is holistic.... the interview is a piece of the entire process, and the interviewer will write up a report and recommendation that will be considered. It's not generally given an exact say 'point rating' or weighting as for SOME people, say with a STELLAR interview... that could make a huge impact. Or same for someone with a really problematic interview... but there are plenty others who have a 'good' interview, and the decision is really made based on other factors, and also based on how the class is shaping up and how they compare to others. So.... keep those fingers crossed, good luck... and let us know how things go, or if we can ever help for future interviews let's say!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello!

Sravya here. I couldn't get in Duke MMS FOB. :(

But I managed to get an offer from :

1) PRIME(Program in Innovation and Management Entrepreneurship) - BROWN UNIVERSITY (Ivy League) - RHODE ISLAND ,USA
2) MScBA in Erasmus Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands.(Ranked top 5th in Financial Times MiM Rankings.)
3) MSc in Management - Cass Business School - City University, London
4) MSc in Management - Engineering - Audencia, Nantes, France.

I am keen to join Brown University or RSM Netherlands. It would be very helpful if you could assist me in making a decision.

Few details about my career plans :
Our Family owned Business - Moldtek offers offshore structural Engineering services to clients in USA and Europe. (Most of our clients are in the USA. So if I choose Brown, I may get to meet a few of them in USA). I wish to get back to India and head this division of our company. My ultimate goal is to lead our company to greater heights in future.

I am very confused as to what to join and I should make a decision soon!!
Please do provide your valuable suggestion as to which program would benefit me the most in order to achieve my goal. I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Sravya
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sravya,
Congrats on your list of acceptances, that is excellent!! Certainly lots to consider, and Brown or Erasmus sound like great options. CASS has a solid reputation too. Here are some things to look at as you research and compare your options:

-curriculum differences; what classes are required, what electives are available, which program's options appeal to you most?
-special projects, internships, other program details, travel etc
-TALK to students at each!! ask to be put in touch with a few students (just ask admissions)
-look at the CLASS PROFILE that is typical, what nationalities, what industries etc do people come from as you learn a lot from those in your class
-look at class size
-ask about alumni programs
-look at employment stats just for a rough gauge even though you're going back to the family biz
-look at clubs and on-campus activities
-research what each CITY and campus is like!

Hope that helps, good luck and keep us posted!
Moderator:
1452 posts