GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 18:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT RC Webinar

February 23, 2019

February 23, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Learn reading strategies that can help even non-voracious reader to master GMAT RC. Saturday, February 23rd at 7 AM PT
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

February 24, 2019

February 24, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

GMAT + CAT Coaching and way forward

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: GMAT + CAT Coaching and way forward  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 05:23
How is Elitesgrid verbal faculties as have not heard about them. So was thinking verbal prep of gmat will cover my cat as well and quant and lr/di prep with elitesgrid will be ok. Do you have first hand experience of preparing with elitesgrid.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.79
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 08:40
Yes I was there student for DILR and Quants. Its really good, take a demo class then decide. Also you can check there youtube page. Secondly for verbal in CAT, nobody else can you help other than yourself, since 24 Question out of 34 are RC. For guidance and everything i joined wordpandit course of VARC. He send you daily 4 article from news and create 2 RC passage out of 2 articles. Also he conduct some classes. I don't know how EGMAT course will help you in CAT. Since its not that famous for RC. EGMAT is amazing for SC.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 08:47
Okay. How are edusashtra and mindworkzz....Mindworkzz is by arun sharma.....Also now I am thinking of going for CAT first and then for gmat...thanks for guidance....
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 08:51
No idea about Mind workz. check reviews in Quora and there facebook page if any. EDUSHATRA reviews are so complicated. Online classes negative reviews are so many. So have no idea. But i told you what i tried. Whatever classes you join take there demo :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 08:54
yeah but would be taking online classes of elitesgrid as well....will see their demo for sure..
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 08:57
Yes all the best for your studies. Keep helping people :)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: ISB '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 10:02
I think I understand your mindset. According to me, here's what you should do based on your post:

1. I strongly recommend not targeting both CAT and GMAT. The two are different in many ways. I know this from my personal experiences.
2. Assess your chances at cracking a great percentile score in CAT.
3. If you have faith in yourself, start preparing just for CAT since you have plenty to time get a GMAT score later considering your work experience.
4. If you're unsure about your success in CAT, right now is the perfect time to begin GMAT preparation.
5. If you decide to take GMAT, I suggest you to take e-GMAT Online course which covers both Verbal and Quants. Don't go for a coaching class. It's not indispensable. Don't worry about not having a personal mentor. e-GMAT's lessons, questions, and especially forums will be sufficient for GMAT preparation. Plus, you can always write to e-GMAT or on gmatclub to clarify your doubts.

I think you need to consider some first few variables before you ponder over GMAT vs CAT vs Both.

Feel free to reach out to me to discuss reasons behind my suggestions or any other advice.

Hit a Kudos to make our contribution to this community.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 20:07
I have faith so thinking of going for cat and then leveraging its preparation to go for GMAT in next year March/April. What are the variables you are talking about, please suggest.
VP
VP
P
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 21:56
I do think that your Quant preparation for CAT will cover all the fundamentals for your Quant preparation for GMAT.

However, do make sure you still do practice Data Sufficiency specifically for GMAT. This is not a different topic, but a different Question type on GMAT that takes some time and effort to get used to.

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT + CAT Coaching and way forward   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2019, 21:56

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 29 posts ] 

GMAT + CAT Coaching and way forward

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: egmat

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap