It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 09:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 20 [3] , given: 36

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 08:13
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I am facing this error for the third time. I have faced it once in Quant and twice in Verbal now.

The problem is that in the middle of the test when I click on Next the test ends and shows me the number of right and wrong questions and needless to say an inaccurate verbal score.

Last edited by ethanhunt007 on 25 Oct 2016, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 20 [3] , given: 36

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27161 [0], given: 5001

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 08:21
Thank you for reporting your issue.

I have looked up your account and it appears it is due to stretching your tests - the test you have finished on October 25th was started on September 23rd. What happens in this case, is that other tests/quizzes may be taken, we may update the question database, and the questions slotted for your test are used up or modified in some ways, and the system does not know how to handle it in those cases. In general, we do not have a good idea/experience yet as to what happens when a test is paused for such a long time. I would suggest trying to finish tests sooner and not having multiple sessions running at the same time as they may have overlapping questions.

Best Regards
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 36

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 09:00
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Thank you for reporting your issue.

I have looked up your account and it appears it is due to stretching your tests - the test you have finished on October 25th was started on September 23rd. What happens in this case, is that other tests/quizzes may be taken, we may update the question database, and the questions slotted for your test are used up or modified in some ways, and the system does not know how to handle it in those cases. In general, we do not have a good idea/experience yet as to what happens when a test is paused for such a long time. I would suggest trying to finish tests sooner and not having multiple sessions running at the same time as they may have overlapping questions.

Best Regards
BB

Hi,
I appreciate such a quick response from your end.
On the contrary to what you have stated this same problem occurred when I gave the test for the first time on September 23rd and I searched for a similar issue and reported the issue then in the below thread : -

reset-only-gmat-club-verbal-test-questions-149812.html#p1738801

I had faced it before on a Quant Test as well but in that case only 2 questions were left and hence it didn't make such an impact. Now, when I logged in today to give the 2nd Verbal Test I found an option to resume the 1st test, which I did, but when I clicked the next button on the 21st question instead of it going to 22nd question it ended my test and showed me my abysmal stats including a score of 6. I was under the impression that my test has been reset back to pause by the back-end team of gmatclub since I brought the issue in the above referenced post.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 09:39
Thank you for the clarification and the link - it seems the issue in the linked discussion is that it is too easy to end the test by mistake and thus not be able to finish it, is that right?

Can you tell me how you end it? Which button do you click?
Currently if you click end test, there is a confirmation that I see - is that not present in your browser/test?

Thank you
BB
Attachments

confirmation.png
confirmation.png [ 187.96 KiB | Viewed 638 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 10:41
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Thank you for the clarification and the link - it seems the issue in the linked discussion is that it is too easy to end the test by mistake and thus not be able to finish it, is that right?

Currently if you click end test, there is a confirmation that I see - is that not present in your browser/test?

Thank you
BB

No. Actually when I posted that query, I believed that there is an option to end the test when we click on Pause and I have accidentally clicked that. However, upon seeing the snapshot from you, I double checked by starting another test just now (Quant as you can check from my account) and pausing it to check.

Attachment:
Gmatclub.JPG
Gmatclub.JPG [ 131.9 KiB | Viewed 611 times ]

I clicked on the 'Pause and exit' the last time and it ended my test. Now, there was no second confirmation (rightly so) for that and I thought it is wrong from GMATCLUB to not provide such an option and hence I gave the feedback that a double confirmation should be included. The same error happened in my Quant test previously as well. Today the test ended despite clicking the 'next' button.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 11:14
ethanhunt007 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you
BB

No. Actually when I posted that query, I believed that there is an option to end the test when we click on Pause and I have accidentally clicked that. However, upon seeing the snapshot from you, I double checked by starting another test just now (Quant as you can check from my account) and pausing it to check.

Attachment:
The attachment Gmatclub.JPG is no longer available

I clicked on the 'Pause and exit' the last time and it ended my test. Now, there was no second confirmation (rightly so) for that and I thought it is wrong from GMATCLUB to not provide such an option and hence I gave the feedback that a double confirmation should be included. The same error happened in my Quant test previously as well. Today the test ended despite clicking the 'next' button.

Pause and Exit does not mean end the test. It means Pause the test and exist the test. (The description on the pop up explains the buttons) You are falling into a CR-type of an inference traps by your mind being overly helpful and connecting the dots. GMAC tests that and catches people all the time. Pause and Exit means, you will return to take the test at a later time. It will paused and saved for you - as you can see, you have paused it for a month. I have had another user last week who has paused their test for a year. TO resume your test, you just go to the My Performance Tab to resume it. You can also resume the test from the CATs screen.
Attachments

pause and resume.png
pause and resume.png [ 48.53 KiB | Viewed 597 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 11:51
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
ethanhunt007 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you
BB

Attachment:
Gmatclub.JPG

Pause and Exit does not mean end the test. It means Pause the test and exist the test. (The description on the pop up explains the buttons) You are falling into a CR-type of an inference traps by your mind being overly helpful and connecting the dots. GMAC tests that and catches people all the time. Pause and Exit means, you will return to take the test at a later time. It will paused and saved for you - as you can see, you have paused it for a month. I have had another user last week who has paused their test for a year. TO resume your test, you just go to the My Performance Tab to resume it. You can also resume the test from the CATs screen.

I agree with you 100%, except for the fact that instead of going into the page where it should have gone after pausing and exiting, it instead ended my test and gave me my performance review including a score for my performance. To counter your argument the CR style :-D :-D, I couldn't resume my test on September 23rd and hence posted the query. However, I got an option to resume it today to my surprise and continued on it.

Since, there is no way I can go back in time twice, record the clips and put it here, there is no way it can be proven and you'd have to take my word for it and that's that there is a bug in the system.

By the way I enjoyed this discussion. GMAT runs in our veins :)

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 12:04
Thank you - please let me know if you get any future interruptions in the tests. I would like to improve the system in case there are any issues.

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2016, 12:04