GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 01:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 04:03
HI
I am planning to apply for MIM in ESSEC. I am planning to give the GMAT next month ,but I want to know if I apply with the score i have right now will the IR score of 1 and AWA score of 0 hurt my application. I am planning to Give TOFEL as a backup to show the B schools I am proficient with English.I would be very Thankful if someone can help.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 04:41
Just wondering why did you skip IR and AWA in real exam? 0 in AWA will effect your application, I believe, they will ask you many questions.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 05:14
Yes I skipped the AWA and IR sections
cantaffordname
Manager
Manager
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 05:18
rohan911 wrote:
Yes I skipped the AWA and IR sections
cantaffordname

I can clearly see that I am just wondering why? did you feel that you did poorly?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 05:31
cantaffordname
I had not prepared for IR and AWA .I wanted to get a decent overall GMAT score first .
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 10:46
Hi rohan911,

The answer to your question will likely depend on the specific Programs that you plan to apply to. While many Programs might not put much (or any) emphasis on an Applicant's AWA and IR Scores, that does NOT necessarily mean that you should be 'skipping' them on the GMAT. The AWA can help to define how well you can put together a reasonably worded and logical argument in a short period of time (as you will likely be expected to be able to do this as part of whatever career path you are on).

It appears that you already posted in this in the Admissions forum, so we should see what the Admissions Experts have to say. You might also consider contacting the Schools directly to ask. Even if you do so anonymously (or with a fake name), the Admissions Offices are there to answer your questions, so those representatives are likely the best source for answers to your questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 20:03
rohan911 wrote:
HI
I am planning to apply for MIM in ESSEC. I am planning to give the GMAT next month ,but I want to know if I apply with the score i have right now will the IR score of 1 and AWA score of 0 hurt my application. I am planning to Give TOFEL as a backup to show the B schools I am proficient with English.I would be very Thankful if someone can help.

Thanks
Hi rohan911,

You should reach out directly to your target program(s).

That said, unless you start with AWA and IR, those sections can't affect your performance. Everyone wants to see the main scores, but try not to rush through those sections the next time around. :)
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2020, 18:53
Hi rohan911,

There certainly is a possibility that you may run into issues with an IR score of 1 and an AWA score of 0. However, to get some more clarity regarding those scores, you may find it helpful to reach out to the folks in admissions to see what they have to say.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2020, 18:53

GMAT Q47 V30 AWA 0 IR 1 Does AWA and IR score matter for MIM ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep