Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT Retake+ Admission query [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi adityanarayanan01,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and advice.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6277 [0]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Adityanarayanan01,

I would be happy to provide some advice about a retake, but I would first like to learn some more about your GMAT experience. I have some questions:

1) Can you provide us with the dates and score breakdowns from your Official GMAT prep practice exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)? Did you complete the entire CAT, including the IR and Essay sections?

2) Describe your study routine. What resources did you use to study? How many hours a day did you study and for how many total months?

3) If you do retake the GMAT, how many hours a day can you commit to studying?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JeffTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Adityanarayanan01,

I would be happy to provide some advice about a retake, but I would first like to learn some more about your GMAT experience. I have some questions:

1) Can you provide us with the dates and score breakdowns from your Official GMAT prep practice exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)? Did you complete the entire CAT, including the IR and Essay sections?

2) Describe your study routine. What resources did you use to study? How many hours a day did you study and for how many total months?

3) If you do retake the GMAT, how many hours a day can you commit to studying?

I took the real exam on 2nd sept 2016. and i have attached ESR report for analysis. I did practice tests under timer and test center conditions. Even at the exam i was pretty okay and relaxed and didn't feel excessively nervous. I did the entire CAT, which included all sections.

I used MGMAT STRATEGY GUIDES + KAPLAN COMPLETE 2017+ OG17+VR17+QR17 (ONLY FOR PRACTICE).Im prepping since july and since i'm doing this full time, hours is not a constraint. I usually put in 5-6 hours of practice/learning each day
for the retake, I have 3 weeks exact. Again I can contribute whole time to studies. But please advise on how to avoid burnout after such long hours of studies.
Attachments

adityanarayanan Iyer_302438778_ESR.pdf [432.57 KiB]
Downloaded 32 times

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6277 [0]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Adityanarayanan01,

Considering that you have been able to commit 5-6 hours a day since July, and your score is stuck around a 610, you may consider adjusting your study routine over the next few weeks prior to your retake. To get the most out of your study time, try to strive for focused practice, which should allow you to find and fix your weak areas.

For example, if you are reviewing Critical Reasoning (your weakest verbal area according to your ESR), be sure that you can practice many questions on just Critical Reasoning: strengthen and weaken the conclusion, resolve the paradox, find the conclusion, must be true, etc.. The results of that practice will help you determine your weak areas within that topic. Once you find and fix your weak areas, then move on to the next verbal topic.

Follow a similar routine for quant. For example, if you are reviewing number properties, be sure that you can practice many questions from Number Properties: LCM, GCF, units digit patterns, divisibility, remainders, etc. The results of that practice will help you determine your weak areas within that topic. Once you find and fix your weak areas, then move on to the next quant topic.

If you would like some help determining your quant strengths and weaknesses, I welcome you to take my free 37-question quant diagnostic. After completing the diagnostic, you are provided with a detailed analysis of your proficiency level of GMAT quant topics, as well as an opportunity to discuss your diagnostic results with me or another TTP instructor/coach.

Finally, I realize you are concerned about burning yourself out; however if business school is truly a priority for you, I’m certain that you power through the next 3 weeks and stay focused on improving your GMAT score. Also, I welcome you to read an article about how keeping a positive attitude while prepping for the GMAT can help you obtain a higher score.

If you need any further help, feel free to reach out to me directly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Experts,
Ive taken another mock test this time from Magoosh, and the results are pretty disappointing.
570 V26 Q42.

During verbal I just blanked out and couldn't remember any strategies learnt for past few weeks. Verbal section became so slow and mechanical for me that I just couldn't get through. my exam's next Wednesday. What can I do in these remaining days to pull back some lost ground? any strategy I try is not coming to fruition. It's frustration and very disheartening. I thought my book- heavy approach was at fault, so I enrolled at magoosh online prep as a last resort. But still I seem to be stuck in a rut.

Please help me out it's a thoroughly frustrating and sad experience .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4
Send PM
Let me know if you need a tutor. I believe I can help.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot