GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 18:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT score for Top Business School?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT score for Top Business School?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 13:50
Hi everyone,

I have already started my career at BCG and I will take the GMAT the next month with the aim of going to a top business school in 2-3 years. I would like to know your opinion about which would be a good score if I would like to go to HBS or any other top university, as I have no problem in trying the exam until I get that score.

Thanks!!
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT score for Top Business School?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 23:42
MartyKaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have already started my career at BCG and I will take the GMAT the next month with the aim of going to a top business school in 2-3 years. I would like to know your opinion about which would be a good score if I would like to go to HBS or any other top university, as I have no problem in trying the exam until I get that score.

Thanks!!

Hi,
If you are planning to get into a business school after 2-3 years, then why are you in hurry to take the GMAT exam next month? GMAT score is valid for 5 years. Did you ever gave a diagnostic test? I am not sure what is your current level. It is advisable to be get at least the average score of the school. Obviously, people enter with lower score as well but the admit depends upon the overall strength of the application. You have a lot of time to make your profile stronger and GMAT also. I advise you to aim for 750 above. :) Your first step towards GMAT is to go on official GMAT website and give a mock test. Post your score here for further discussion.
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 23:44
MartyKaan, here are the average GMAT score for top MBA schools. Higher the better is the mantra when it comes to GMAT. Usually, 10-30 points above a school's average helps to make GMAT an asset in your candidature.

Cheers,

Watch these MBA Videos
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 00:06
Take a look at the averages of top schools and shoot for that. Once you get that score, then it comes down the rest of your application. A good GMAT score doesn’t get you into a top school, the rest of your application will (background and extracurriculars).

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 00:24
Thanks for your advice. I started preparing the exam because I did not work in October and I was quite free.

Regarding my performance in exams, my scores range between 700 and 750, so I wanted to know whether you a 720 a sufficient score. However, your advice has been valuable and I will try to get 750.

Thanks a lot and any tip is welcome!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT score for Top Business School?   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2019, 00:24

GMAT score for Top Business School?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: DigitsnLetters