GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 08:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT test retake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT test retake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 11:00
Hello!

I have taken GMAT two times. I had been scoring around 700 in mocks when I took the exam first time. However, unfortunately, I goofed up on the day of the test and managed only a 590. I definitely had to give a second attempt after that. In the second series of mocks, I used to score around 720 and on the day of the test I got a 690 (Quantitative 47, Verbal 38). However, I am still inclined on giving one more attempt and touch the early 700s, at least. Please advice me whether my decision is apt, and, If I plan to re take the exam, what should be the plan of action ahead.

Your invaluable piece of advice will be of great help to me.

In anticipation of your response!

Regards,
Shubham
Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge
GMAT test retake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 12:48
Shubhamkalra wrote:
Hello!

I have taken GMAT two times. I had been scoring around 700 in mocks when I took the exam first time. However, unfortunately, I goofed up on the day of the test and managed only a 590. I definitely had to give a second attempt after that. In the second series of mocks, I used to score around 720 and on the day of the test I got a 690 (Quantitative 47, Verbal 38). However, I am still inclined on giving one more attempt and touch the early 700s, at least. Please advice me whether my decision is apt, and, If I plan to re take the exam, what should be the plan of action ahead.

Regards,
Shubham

Hi Shubham. I would recommend you to first see where exactly are you lacking. As I can see, your quant score is below par if you are eyeing 700+. I think if you work on your quant, then you can easily score 700+. GMATCLUB has really good CATs for quant. You can take tests on GMATCLUB or work on quant from any other source as per your wish. I strongly recommend you to work on quant and once you are confident enough of scoring 50 in quant, you are good to go for a re-test. All the best!

P.S. Don't forget to give Kudos :)

Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
P
Re: GMAT test retake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 23:54
Shubhamkalra wrote:
Hello!

Regards,
Shubham

If you have time on your hands, it may not be a bad idea to retake. If you get 700+, you can keep the score else you can cancel it. Though, you should know that 690 is already a very decent score.
What was your Quant/Verbal split in the practice tests? You certainly have good scope in Quant since 47 gives a low percentile (about 65%ile)
38 in Verbal is about 85%ile which is certainly quite acceptable.

For advanced concepts of Quant, I would suggest you to check out our blog: https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/category/gmat/
You will find many useful posts there.

Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >

GMAT self-study has never been more personalized or more fun. Try ORION Free!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT test retake &nbs [#permalink] 16 May 2017, 23:54

GMAT test retake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap