It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Got 680 - Should I retake GMAT?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Got 680 - Should I retake GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2017, 07:59
Hello guys,

I did GMAT yesterday and got 680 (48Q, 34V, 6IR) - 83th percentile. I was targeting 700 and I am thinking about retaking the test.

The minimum requirements for the universities I am applying for are as follows:
- University of Alberta and Calgary: 80th percentile (something around 660 or 670)
- Queen's University: 640
- University of Lethbridge and Saskatchewan: 550

I guess 680 is sufficient for three of them, however, I am wondering if 680 is not a good score for Alberta and Calgary, as they require a minimum of 670 and I just got 10 points above it. I know they value something around 700 so that's why I am thinking about doing it again. Do you think it is necessary or +20 points are not worth it? 700 will make this huge difference in my application?
I'm applying for the PhD program and just finished my bachelor (no masters). My GPA is 3.7.

I am also wondering what should I study if I do that again. I already finished OG, OG quant, OG verbal, Manhattan, Veritas, Kaplan 2017 and Kaplan 800. I did the six mocks from Kaplan and got 700, 710 and 720 in the last three ones - so maybe I could study a little bit more and got 700.
So I kinda already know all those questions and got nothing new to continue studying. What materials would you recommend?

Thank you in advance,

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 20

Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Re: Got 680 - Should I retake GMAT? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2017, 10:23
How was kaplan mock compared to the actual test?? I heard its a poor indicator of our performance ??

Kudos-----> If my post was Helpful

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 20

Re: Got 680 - Should I retake GMAT?   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2017, 10:23

Got 680 - Should I retake GMAT?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap