It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 10:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GPA Requirements for UK Business Schools

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

GPA Requirements for UK Business Schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 19:24
Hi Everyone!

I'm interested in applying for the following business schools in UK:
1. London School of Economics - Masters in Management (1st Choice) / Masters in Management and Strategy (2nd Choice)
2. Imperial College Business School

The websites of both schools state that their minimum entry requirement for the Philippines is 3.5 / 4. I graduated last 2015 with a 3.43 GPA.

Given this, I would just like to ask if I should still push through with my application. I'm worried that admissions may just immediately disregard my application once they see my GPA. Are they very stringent about the GPA requirements?

Thank you!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 56 [1], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GPA Requirements for UK Business Schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 17:02
This post received
KUDOS
julianeuy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

1. London School of Economics - Masters in Management (1st Choice) / Masters in Management and Strategy (2nd Choice)

The websites of both schools state that their minimum entry requirement for the Philippines is 3.5 / 4. I graduated last 2015 with a 3.43 GPA.

Given this, I would just like to ask if I should still push through with my application. I'm worried that admissions may just immediately disregard my application once they see my GPA. Are they very stringent about the GPA requirements?

Thank you!

Interesting if it says it's a "requirement". I know Oxford and Cambridge point to a 3.5 but don't believe they list it as a requirement more a guideline and they do accept students with less than that every year. Using that as a measuring stick I say go for it unless someone with more experience here offers advice that it truly is a hardline requirement.

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 56 [1], given: 78

Intern
Intern

Re: GPA Requirements for UK Business Schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 17:10
redfield wrote:
julianeuy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Thank you!

Interesting if it says it's a "requirement". I know Oxford and Cambridge point to a 3.5 but don't believe they list it as a requirement more a guideline and they do accept students with less than that every year. Using that as a measuring stick I say go for it unless someone with more experience here offers advice that it truly is a hardline requirement.

Great! Thank you for your reply, Redfield. Really hoping that I'll get into these schools. I'm already targeting a GMAT score of at least 700.

Re: GPA Requirements for UK Business Schools   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2017, 17:10

GPA Requirements for UK Business Schools

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap