GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 17:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Haas video interview - recorded format

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Haas video interview - recorded format  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 22:11
Hi everyone!
I received an interview invite from Haas and due to location constraints, I have to pick the video interview option. However, it seems like Haas is trying a recorded format for video interviews this time. I will not be interacting with anyone but will be recording my answers to pre-set questions. I am unsure of how effective answering questions in this format would be and quite honestly, a tad nervous about the 3-minute window for every answer. Had it been conversational, I would've felt better about it. Just reaching out to the group to see if anyone has completed such a video interview this month. If yes, I would love to hear about your experience!

Thanks a lot :)
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Haas video interview - recorded format  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 08:44
Arpita02 wrote:
Hi everyone!
I received an interview invite from Haas and due to location constraints, I have to pick the video interview option. However, it seems like Haas is trying a recorded format for video interviews this time. I will not be interacting with anyone but will be recording my answers to pre-set questions. I am unsure of how effective answering questions in this format would be and quite honestly, a tad nervous about the 3-minute window for every answer. Had it been conversational, I would've felt better about it. Just reaching out to the group to see if anyone has completed such a video interview this month. If yes, I would love to hear about your experience!

I completed many video interviews for others
But It truly is very unnatural
You'll just be seeing yourself in the screen
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas EWMBA '23
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 23:23
Arpita02 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I recently gave the video interview. The whole process completes in around 10mins. Firstly the software does your system testing. Once everything completes, you can answer some sample questions. After that, you will be asked 2 questions. For each question, you get around 45 sec of prep time and then 1.5-2min of recording your answer. The prep time is not recorded. Once the interview starts, it completes very quickly. So make sure you do enough preparation before the interview. There will be one question about Why MBA/Haas and the second question about your style of leadership.
BSchool Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 23:40
gargabhishek408 Thanks for sharing your experience, can you also tell which program have you applied to?

I've applied to the two-year MBA program, and the guidelines video that's there in the Kira platform link for Haas video interviews mentions that the interview will be 20 minutes long with five questions. The prep time for each question will be 1 minute and the applicant will get up to three minutes to respond.

There seems to be some inconsistency between that video and your experience. Would be helpful if you could clear the confusion. Thanks! :)

gargabhishek408 wrote:
Arpita02 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I recently gave the video interview. The whole process completes in around 10mins. Firstly the software does your system testing. Once everything completes, you can answer some sample questions. After that, you will be asked 2 questions. For each question, you get around 45 sec of prep time and then 1.5-2min of recording your answer. The prep time is not recorded. Once the interview starts, it completes very quickly. So make sure you do enough preparation before the interview. There will be one question about Why MBA/Haas and the second question about your style of leadership.

Posted from my mobile device

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas EWMBA '23
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 23:52
variantguy wrote:
gargabhishek408 Thanks for sharing your experience, can you also tell which program have you applied to?

I've applied to the two-year MBA program, and the guidelines video that's there in the Kira platform link for Haas video interviews mentions that the interview will be 20 minutes long with five questions. The prep time for each question will be 1 minute and the applicant will get up to three minutes to respond.

There seems to be some inconsistency between that video and your experience. Would be helpful if you could clear the confusion. Thanks! :)

gargabhishek408 wrote:
Arpita02 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Posted from my mobile device

I applied for the Evening Weekend program. So I guess there are minor changes from the full-time program but the overall process should remain the same.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 00:20
gargabhishek408 wrote:
Arpita02 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Okay, thanks a lot for sharing :) I believe the prep time for me is 1 minute with a 3-minute window to respond. However, I do think that the overall experience would be the same.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Haas video interview - recorded format   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2019, 00:20

Haas video interview - recorded format

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy