Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11667 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Re: Help !! Trouble with GMAT Quant Prep [#permalink]
Hi Rich,

Thank you for the reply. I have answered the question in the order of the questions that have been asked:

1. I have studied for three months along with work. I have taken a break from work for the next 25 days in order to prep full time. I have been studying for 8-9 hours a day during my break.
2. I have used the e-Gmat course (without live lessons) for verbal and quant along with MGMAT guides. I have the official resources and have used to sporadically as i don't want to exhaust all the bank of official questions.
3. I had taken a CAT way before I started my prep. I had scored a V22 and Q10. I feel low scores are not a true representative because I took it on a Sunday night when I was very sleepy and I skipped nearly all the CR and the DS questions as I could not understand any of them. Moreover, during my prep I have been sustaining an accuracy rate of 85-90% of 700 questions in the Verbal Section (done in batches of 8-10 questions)

4. I am targeting a score of 730 and above. Since Verbal is my strong suit, I am targeting a split of V40-43 and Q42+(as my target business schools require atleast 40 in Quant)
5. I am planning to apply during the admission cycle in September 2017.
6. The list of b-schools is tentative but as of now includes: Anderson, Tepper, Rotman, Schulich, NUS.

Please let me know if you need any further inputs from my side to help in guiding me as to how to tackle the quant section.

Regards

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi saileshl,

From your post, it sounds like you're focused on the 'implied level' of the questions that you're working on - when you should actually be focused on other things. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? What type of study routine have you been following?
2) Have you used any other study materials besides the ones you listed?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11667 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi targetharvard,

Based on the information in your last post, it sounds like you have not taken any FULL-LENGTH CATs recently - and that is a big problem. We need an accurate sense of your current GMAT skills, so I highly recommend that you plan to take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (with the Essay and IR sections) sometime soon. Until we have a realistic, recent score to use as a basis for comparison, it's difficult to offer the specific advice that you're looking for. Once you have that score, you should post back here and we can talk about how best to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot