GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 May 2019, 18:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How is veritasprep Free GMAT Practice Test & Paid one

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
How is veritasprep Free GMAT Practice Test & Paid one  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 12:42
Please revert me with feedback aboutveritasprepFree GMAT Practice Test & Paid one.
I came to know that Veritas Prep is offering 7 Mock test in 19 $ only.

Regards,
Amarjeet
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Re: How is veritasprep Free GMAT Practice Test & Paid one  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 12:46
If it is so please tell me too.. I am also interested in buying it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 13:35
Hi amar.igtr

I purchased the Veritas prep tests in December when they were running another discount and got the 7 tests for just $15. Although I have not yet used up the test, I can confidently tell you it was a great investment.

Let me begin by saying that the tests are definitely a bit harder than the GMATPREP and even the actual GMAT.

Quant- The quant is somewhat similar and the topics are well distributed. You may start getting 700 level questions after you answer the first 2-3 correct questions in a row which is rarely the case in GMATPREP wherein I saw 700 level questions after the 8-9 questions. Secondly I noticed that the questions are very logic based which may or may not be the case with actual GMAT. But overall great practice questions.

Verbal- I felt the verbal section was definitely more difficult than the GMATPREP especially the RC. There were a few answers with which I didn’t agree with but overall nice and challenging questions.

Post test analysis- I loved this part as they give you a nice detailed analysis of your test which helps the test taker evaluate their tests in details.

Scoring Algorithm- This was one of the week areas of the tests. The scoring was very strict as compared to the GMATPREP. The test punishes you if you answer 2 or 3 questions in a row which is not always the case with the GMAT. Don't get disheartened with the low score. However please note that it is not possible for any company to imitate the actual scoring algorithm of GMATPREP.

Overall they are great tests and definitely a worth buy if you are getting it for a discounted price. Hope this helps.
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 13:48
rohan2345 Thanks for providing your inputs. I've read it somewhere else as well that Veritas prep mocks give low scores generally. But are the tests good enough to pin point your weak areas in both Verbal and Quant? I believe that is the biggest advantage of using any mock tests. :)
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 13:44
Hi yt770,

Yes absolutely. You can get a detailed analysis of your tests which helps the test taker evaluate their tests in detail. You can indeed find out your week areas as the topics are clearly mentioned with each question. Further another advantage of taking mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; your subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. All the best.
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 03:24
take a look at this. i think this may help you. https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-pra ... 28289.html
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: XLRI
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V32
GRE 1: Q170 V140
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 04:23
I recently purchased it for $41, which is higher than what was available in March(15$). But the test paper standards are really good. I had taken GMAC test paper 1 and feels veritas test series is prepared in similar lines :)
Manager
Manager
P
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 04:38
Hi Amit,
veritas prep test are more hard then real GMAT.
Download veritas prep app and You can try questions there.
You can get these tests free with in several deals for example in buying GMATCLUB premium membership veritas tests are free.

Thanks
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 09:46
rohan2345 wrote:
Hi yt770,

Yes absolutely. You can get a detailed analysis of your tests which helps the test taker evaluate their tests in detail. You can indeed find out your week areas as the topics are clearly mentioned with each question. Further another advantage of taking mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; your subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. All the best.

Is it true for the free Veritas test also?

I took the free Veritas practice test today and scored 600 (Q46 and V27). I took the test under test like conditions and followed each break properly. Also I selected Quant-Verbal-IR-AWA.
One important thing is I noticed 3-4 repeated questions in both verbal and quant (I remember I practised them on this forum). Also I had to guess on few quant questions when I took too long to answer them. Also I remember I got only 3 passages. Overall the test was not very tough for me today (For the first time...I kind of enjoyed giving it.)

Here are some stats.

Verbal: %correct #correct #wrong #Pace per ques.
Overall 71% 29 12 1min 35 secs
Sentence correction 73% 11 4 1min 32 secs
Critical reasoning 73% 11 4 1 min 24 secs
Reading comprehension 64% 7 4 1 min 32 secs

Total: 27 (47 percentile)
Its perplexing because I performed decently on this section and still scored only 27. Is that correct?

Quant: %correct #correct #wrong #Pace per ques.
Overall 65% 24 13 1min 55 secs
DS 73% 11 4 1min 52 secs
PS 59% 13 9 1 min 57 secs

Total: 600 (59 percentile) and 63% correct.

Please verify if this is accurate or not. Looking forward to your response.

Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 22:17
It would be great if anyone could reply based on their experiences.

If you liked the post, HIT KUDOS !!

Don't quit.............Do it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How is veritasprep Free GMAT Practice Test & Paid one   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2017, 22:17

How is veritasprep Free GMAT Practice Test & Paid one

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap