It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 04:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How long after I take the GMAT can I apply to schools?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How long after I take the GMAT can I apply to schools? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 19:31
From what I've read, it seems I can register for the GMAT any day I want. Is this true?

If so, how long after I take the test can I use the score in my applications to schools? I've also read that you know your score immediately after you complete the test. Is this knowledge (or whatever unofficial score report they might give me, if any) enough to submit my application, or do I have to wait the 20 days for an official report from GMAC or for GMAC to send my score to the school?

I'm worried that if I take the GMAT too late, I may miss deadlines because my score is not available yet.

Thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
P

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: How long after I take the GMAT can I apply to schools? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 21:45
wholenineyards wrote:
From what I've read, it seems I can register for the GMAT any day I want. Is this true?

If so, how long after I take the test can I use the score in my applications to schools? I've also read that you know your score immediately after you complete the test. Is this knowledge (or whatever unofficial score report they might give me, if any) enough to submit my application, or do I have to wait the 20 days for an official report from GMAC or for GMAC to send my score to the school?

I'm worried that if I take the GMAT too late, I may miss deadlines because my score is not available yet.

Thoughts?
1. Yes (subject to availability of slots), and some centers are open on the weekend as well. Just check mba.com.

2. GMAT scores are valid for 5 years. Most schools will not have a problem with even 5 year old scores. Check with your target schools if you want to be absolutely sure (some schools want a GMAT score from the last 3 years).

3. You don't have to wait 20 days. Just take the GMAT before the deadline. Again, check with your target schools if you have any reason to believe that they might take a different position on this.

Profile and Official GMAT score report

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 4

Re: How long after I take the GMAT can I apply to schools?   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2017, 21:45