GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 07:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HOW LONG WE MUST WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GUIDE TAG BACK TO GMATCLUB ???

Update application status  
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: HOW LONG WE MUST WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GUIDE TAG BACK TO GMATCLUB ???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 06:23
carcass wrote:
https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/cases/#cases_involving_text

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/f ... rnet_cases

An extensive and exhaustive case by case scenario involving text and internet on what is called "Fair Use".

According to several Courts' appeals, we are NOT in the NOT fair use land.

Turns out, analyzing all the cases "Fair use" I think we, on the board, are doing no wrong "

Exactly my point,
Any public document is shareable under the section that no profits be made by the infringements of copyrights, and that the documents not be used to harm the original creator's interest.
They'd argue that the sales might drop as a direct or indirect result of this which can then be counter argued by the fair use act, for discussions and analysis by individuals the person chooses to share the document with.

We are good.

Besides they don't want to threaten the student community as if everyone argues against the exam, that to quote you is, "extremely stupid and important", B-schools do not want their seats to be vacant. They'll switch to another exam that isn't ambiguous or atleast error free in the score.

GMAT has a 40 point error as suggested by website, a lot of loose ends.
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Owen '22
HOW LONG WE MUST WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GUIDE TAG BACK TO GMATCLUB ???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 06:53
Businessconquerer wrote:
carcass wrote:

An extensive and exhaustive case by case scenario involving text and internet on what is called "Fair Use".

Turns out, analyzing all the cases "Fair use" I think we, on the board, are doing no wrong "

Exactly my point,
Any public document is shareable under the section that no profits be made by the infringements of copyrights, and that the documents not be used to harm the original creator's interest.
They'd argue that the sales might drop as a direct or indirect result of this which can then be counter argued by the fair use act, for discussions and analysis by individuals the person chooses to share the document with.

We are good.

Besides they don't want to threaten the student community as if everyone argues against the exam, that to quote you is, "extremely stupid and important", B-schools do not want their seats to be vacant. They'll switch to another exam that isn't ambiguous or atleast error free in the score.

Yea, I thought it would be due to declining sales of their books, but someone needs to tell them straight up that those ridiculously long and useless answer explanations in that book are NOT getting any sensible human through a section in less than 65 minutes. They are so bad!
And, yo! the EP 1,2,3,4 have no official answer explanations so how is one supposed to figure how to solve those questions in under 2 minutes.
And this is a discussion forum, so many people write how they solve these questions, some are helpful, some not so much. So technically it is not plagiarism of any sorts because the credit for the question is given where it is due, nobody is selling the questions as their own. The answer explanations are clearly not what the book says!

Unless, they are thinking about rolling a product line of "how to ace the gmat with reasonable explanation?" I don't see why any of GMAC content would be considered a violation. And, if I remember correctly, the 2017 wiley supported online question bank, half the questions could not support symbols, which I hope they fixed by now. And, their online platform for EPs are slowwwwwwwwww. You can't point fingers at others without being perfect.

And, now you say there is a 40 point error!!! What is that?
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: HOW LONG WE MUST WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GUIDE TAG BACK TO GMATCLUB ???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 07:16
khan0210 wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
carcass wrote:

Exactly my point,

We are good.

Yea, I thought it would be due to declining sales of their books, but someone needs to tell them straight up that those ridiculously long and useless answer explanations in that book are NOT getting any sensible human through a section in less than 65 minutes. They are so bad!
And, yo! the EP 1,2,3,4 have no official answer explanations so how is one supposed to figure how to solve those questions in under 2 minutes.
And this is a discussion forum, so many people write how they solve these questions, some are helpful, some not so much. So technically it is not plagiarism of any sorts because the credit for the question is given where it is due, nobody is selling the questions as their own. The answer explanations are clearly not what the book says!

Unless, they are thinking about rolling a product line of "how to ace the gmat with reasonable explanation?" I don't see why any of GMAC content would be considered a violation. And, if I remember correctly, the 2017 wiley supported online question bank, half the questions could not support symbols, which I hope they fixed by now. And, their online platform for EPs are slowwwwwwwwww. You can't point fingers at others without being perfect.

And, now you say there is a 40 point error!!! What is that?

The Official GMAT website has mentioned this error on their website. There's a 3 point error in each section. Since they've kept the formula secret, there's no doubt the test is dubious, atleast in terms of algorithm. Like I said, I work loose ends. And the truth is no one is invincible. GMAT needs a competition, an exam that is more up to the B school standards and no ambiguity in score.

Posted from my mobile device
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 04:12
It is gone. We have failed.
Board of Directors
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 04:19
Top Contributor
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 04:23
carcass wrote:
What do you mean ??

The source: GMATPrep and other official source tags are gone from question tag.
Hey carcass do you have separate EP2 and EP1 questions in pdf format? or zip

The link to your profile gives access to the whole package but I've finished only EP2, so I wanna practice from EP2 questions only
Board of Directors
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 04:25
Top Contributor
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Owen '22

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 05:40
Have the GMAC gotten back on this matter, like they were supposed to? Because, BB has not updated on this matter as yet.

I wonder if the pages with hyperlinks to the questions were the main issue. If so, perhaps tags may not be the problem. It would be amazing to have a source say no tag which are the OG questions and EP 1 and 2.
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 05:44
khan0210 wrote:
Have the GMAC gotten back on this matter, like they were supposed to? Because, BB has not updated on this matter as yet.

I wonder if the pages with hyperlinks to the questions were the main issue. If so, perhaps tags may not be the problem. It would be amazing to have a source say no tag which are the OG questions and EP 1 and 2.

Well we could tag it under Source:Discussion tag.

Or something like that
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 05:46
Sorry have no updates at this time. Check back on Fri.

Thx.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 05:55
09173140521 wrote:
bb WE need tag "OG" and how long we must wait ???? I lost ALL questions .....AND I LOST MYSELF Too !!!!

Please guys have some breath and let bb breath for a while. He will be more worried than all of us. So have some patience and keep hitting questions from error logs and other test prep companies available on GMATclub. :)

All the best to all.
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 06:03
bb wrote:
Sorry have no updates at this time. Check back on Fri.

Thx.

Hey no problem.
We are here for ya. If it comes to it, we got the brightest minds right here to get any ideas on loop holes if it truly does come to it, right bb ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 06:20
Does anyone know if it is still okay to ask explanation for the questions in OG?
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 430 Q39 V12

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 06:34
despite all problems that I have been through such as 1=og tag and DIC 2= departure to another country to take GMAT test because not held in my hell country ! 3= my weakness in English language after 1.5 years study...and huge domain of academic vocab ......4= a bunch of other problems that I involve.

I do not know WHY bb BLOCK IRANIAN IP !!!!!!????? EVERY TIME I WANT TO USE THIS SITE I MUST USE VPN.
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 06:36
09173140521 wrote:
despite all problems that I have been through such as 1=og tag and DIC 2= departure to another country to take GMAT test because not held in my hell country ! 3= my weakness in English language after 1.5 years study...and huge domain of academic vocab ......4= a bunch of other problems that I involve.

I do not know WHY bb BLOCK IRANIAN IP !!!!!!????? EVERY TIME I WANT TO USE THIS SITE I MUST USE VPN.

Mauritious IP was blocked because someone wanted to date the members, GMAT Club has a history, but anyhow, you can access it, so why bother.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 06:37
09173140521 wrote:

Hi. Sorry about the issue. We don't block things but it is possible there was a spammer/offender who was blocked by one of the moderators. You can PM me your IP address and I will check it and unblock it.
You can find out your IP address here: https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup

Thanks
BB.

HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 06:39
hammypancakey wrote:
Does anyone know if it is still okay to ask explanation for the questions in OG?

If you have any verbal related questions from OG, you can PM me if you're not allowed to post. Also check my posts out, I've posted solution to almost every tricky OG question. We are here to help until the problem is resolved.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 08:07
09173140521 wrote:

Hi. I have bad news. It appears that the government of Iran blocks GMAT Club.
You can inquire with them why they block it. (I am curious too). You can test it here:

https://www.comparitech.com/privacy-sec ... kediniran/

Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 10:22
some parts of the world take intellectual property more seriously than the others. Its a pain that the OG links are gone, I'm glad that our community is safe though. There's no point blaming the founders of the club for doing the right thing or whining about GMAC's exam algorithm. Universities will continue to ask for these tests results, no matter where we choose to study from.
So, let's adapt and move on!
P
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 11:05
bb wrote:
Thanks for the question. We received a call from the GMAC that they were wanting us to remove some material from GMAT Club. They were not specific as to what exactly and we are waiting on the specifics and will address their request when we receive in writing but in anticipation of their request we have removed some resources and tools that augmented and improved one's studying with the OG's and that I think they may had an issue with.

GMAT Club takes copyright infringement requests seriously. I am hoping we can resolve this in a manner that is efficient and beneficial to the test-takers. Once we have their written request later this week (supposedly today though I would not hold your breath if it comes later), I will post an update. I will keep you posted when we have more information.

Thanks for your support and understanding!
BB.

Hi bb

Just to clarify, until now, the only affected thing is that we can not use the tag "OG" anymore, right?

Best
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HOW LONG WE MUST WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GUIDE TAG BACK TO GMATCLUB ???   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2019, 11:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 44 posts ] 

HOW LONG WE MUST WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GUIDE TAG BACK TO GMATCLUB ???

Update application status  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep