GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 09:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2019
Posts: 5
How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2019, 08:58
Hi Everyone,


I gave my gmat exam three days ago and had a disappointing 540 score. I cancelled immediately. I would like to know if I can still get my unofficial scores? Will that update my account automatically with the ESR or it wont. I would appreciate your response.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
V
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 15309
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2019, 12:29
Hi Adebimpe,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not go as well as hoped. To answer your immediate question though: YES - you can still purchase an Enhanced Score Report for a cancelled Score. If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Image


The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 8125
Location: United States (CA)
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 07:01
1
Hi Adebimpe,

If you purchase your ESR, you’ll see your unofficial scores. Do you plan to retake the GMAT?
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
P
Joined: 30 Sep 2017
Posts: 382
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 13:46
Adebimpe wrote:
Hi Everyone,


I gave my gmat exam three days ago and had a disappointing 540 score. I cancelled immediately. I would like to know if I can still get my unofficial scores? Will that update my account automatically with the ESR or it wont. I would appreciate your response.


Yes, purchase ESR for that cancelled exam. ESR will show the exam detail (every section score -except AWA-, which topics you are doing better/worse than other test takers, etc).

Don't revoke the cancelled exam score if you don't wish to. Any cancelled score will never appear on your future scores reported to the school.

540 is 36 percentile as of recent change in Sept 2019. To know more about the percentile of each and every of your section score, check out this post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/updated-gmat ... l#p2358517

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 12:17
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Adebimpe,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not go as well as hoped. To answer your immediate question though: YES - you can still purchase an Enhanced Score Report for a cancelled Score. If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich



Thank you. I have studied for 5 months. 12 hrs per week. 2). I have used Kaplan, OG '17 and that club. (3.) Took mocks each week, a month to the exam. Kaplan 630. Manhattan 610. Gmac free test 590. Verbal has been between 25 and 35. Quant between 38 & 45

(4.) 740
5. Round 2 . December due to my retake
6. Darla Moore USC
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 12:19
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Adebimpe,

If you purchase your ESR, you’ll see your unofficial scores. Do you plan to retake the GMAT?


Ok. Thank you.
Yes i am retaking
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
V
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 15309
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 15:40
Hi Adebimpe,

The 'swings' in your Quant and Verbal practice Scores imply that you are inconsistent with your note-taking and Tactics - and that "your way" of approaching the GMAT leaves you open to making little mistakes. Raising a 540 to the point that you can consistently score 740+ will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. Given the Round 2 application deadline in December, you might have less time than you ultimately need - and as such, you might need to either push back your application or adjust your Score Goal.

1) What is the exact Round 2 application deadline for the School that you are interested in? Are you considering any other Schools?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Image


The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 8125
Location: United States (CA)
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 18:36
Adebimpe wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Adebimpe,

If you purchase your ESR, you’ll see your unofficial scores. Do you plan to retake the GMAT?


Ok. Thank you.
Yes i am retaking


If you need any advice regarding your retake, feel free to reach out.
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2019, 18:36
Display posts from previous: Sort by

How to get Unofficial score detail despite cancellation

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne