GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 05:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to select an online MBA program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Eller - Class of 2018
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V48
GPA: 4
How to select an online MBA program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2016, 19:13
I know there is some debate about the merits of online programs, but I believe they can work very well for situations like mine, in which I travel frequently for work and am advancing through a large company. I recently applied to a bunch of programs and was struggling to narrow them down, so I started creating a spreadsheet ranking what was important to me (I'm a statistician and spreadsheets are my calling). Long story short, I ended up creating a website with a custom ranking of online MBA programs that is actually useful, not the random facts U.S. News give you. The biggest difference is that I included an "easiness" ranking that estimates how much time and effort is required to earn your degree. This may seem counter-intuitive, but the easier the program, the more time you have to focus on continuing to excel in your day job, which is the most important criteria for advancement within a company. Also, you might even have time to have fun once in a while :)

So here it is in case anyone else is looking at online MBA programs:
easyonlinemba.com

Please let me know if you have any ideas to add to the rankings. Hopefully this can be a useful resource for any future online MBA students. By the way, I ended up choosing the University of Arizona (Eller) program, so please feel free to ask any questions about that or any of the many other programs I looked into, basically the top 20 on my rankings.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
B
Re: How to select an online MBA program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2016, 06:08
This is a great initiative.

An addition you may consider is allowing students to contribute verified reviews (the way Amazon buyers leave product reviews). Don't how easy that would be but it would be something these would be added insights that users could find interesting.

Thanks for sharing this!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 13:06
coleworld wrote:
I know there is some debate about the merits of online programs, but I believe they can work very well for situations like mine, in which I travel frequently for work and am advancing through a large company. I recently applied to a bunch of programs and was struggling to narrow them down, so I started creating a spreadsheet ranking what was important to me (I'm a statistician and spreadsheets are my calling). Long story short, I ended up creating a website with a custom ranking of online MBA programs that is actually useful, not the random facts U.S. News give you. The biggest difference is that I included an "easiness" ranking that estimates how much time and effort is required to earn your degree. This may seem counter-intuitive, but the easier the program, the more time you have to focus on continuing to excel in your day job, which is the most important criteria for advancement within a company. Also, you might even have time to have fun once in a while :)

easyonlinemba.com

Please let me know if you have any ideas to add to the rankings. Hopefully this can be a useful resource for any future online MBA students. By the way, I ended up choosing the University of Arizona (Eller) program, so please feel free to ask any questions about that or any of the many other programs I looked into, basically the top 20 on my rankings.

thanks for sharing link to: easyonlinemba.com
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 12:29
coleworld wrote:

easyonlinemba.com

If you check nowdays coursera offers online MBAs as well

lets all unite to reach our target together

Re: How to select an online MBA program   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2018, 12:29

How to select an online MBA program

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap