Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3128 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 568 [0]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all XLRI PGDM (GM) Applicants: 2018 Intake (Class of 2019) [#permalink]
anurag16 wrote:
stonecold wrote:
You think I should call them?

Unfortunately the last date was 31st Dec

Any idea when they will start rolling the interview invites..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Re: Calling all XLRI PGDM (GM) Applicants: 2018 Intake (Class of 2019) [#permalink]
Can anyone shed some light on this program compared to SPJAIN? Is there any international immersion included as part of this?
Alum
Send PM
gchanu wrote:
Can anyone shed some light on this program compared to SPJAIN? Is there any international immersion included as part of this?

NEVER compare XLRI to Spjain.
They are not in the same league.

XLRI is one of the best programs in India.
I think ISB and XLRI are at par w.r.t pedigree.

One of my best friends landed an internship in Paris and is currently working in India (for Colgate)
In her words-> XLRI and ISB are the only two management programs in India which are worth going to.

Best
Stone Cold
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: IIM (S)
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V21
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hello ,

I have a gmat score of 660 , 7+ exp in IT, 91% in 12th and 94% in 10th. Any idea about XLRI gmp interview shot list call.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 568 [0]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
has anybody heard anything from the school regarding the interviews yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
Send PM
anurag16 wrote:
has anybody heard anything from the school regarding the interviews yet?

naa man... still waiting.. it was supposed to be last week of feb.. dont know whats happening..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
stonecold - You got my query wrong buddy. My question of comparison is specific to GMP program not the institute as a whole. I know that XLRI as an institute is very highly ranked but my query is related to GMP program in particular as compared to other 1 year Full time MBA programs in India. Whenever I search for XLRI GMP program there is very little information available except for a blogpost which is very scary if not anything else. Blogpost URL for your reference.

https://xlrigmpsite.wordpress.com/2017/ ... dmissions/

So if anyone can shed some more light on the program GMP or any official webinar/Infosessions scheduled by the institute, it would be really helpful for the aspiring candidates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gchanu wrote:
stonecold - You got my query wrong buddy. My question of comparison is specific to GMP program not the institute as a whole. I know that XLRI as an institute is very highly ranked but my query is related to GMP program in particular as compared to other 1 year Full time MBA programs in India. Whenever I search for XLRI GMP program there is very little information available except for a blogpost which is very scary if not anything else. Blogpost URL for your reference.

https://xlrigmpsite.wordpress.com/2017/ ... dmissions/

So if anyone can shed some more light on the program GMP or any official webinar/Infosessions scheduled by the institute, it would be really helpful for the aspiring candidates.

Honestly this seems to be a very biased review..

First it is not a 1 year prog.. its a 15 month prog.. second there are differences in GM and BM prog.. you need 5+ years of managerial exp in GM, which is not required in BM.. precise reason for accepting lower scores. GM getting only 500 applicants seems to be wayyy off..

GMP is a great prog for someone who already has a good exp and wants to study.. they dont have essays like most mgt schools but from what I have read it is all covered in the interview. If you are purely interested in placements the BM and GM have pretty similar placements.. compared to other colleges like SP Jain they are not very different.. Honestly dont go on the placement numbers alone a lot depends on your previous salary international work ex etc. Most of these avg salaries go up because of a few students who get paid a to compared to others.

End of day of you are getting XLRI and SP JAin it is a tough decision to make, you can keep in mind what you want to excel in and which school will help you better plus location of each school, companies that hire from there etc.

All the best..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Send PM
Anyone heard from the adcom regarding the shortlist candidates for interview?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RLokesh wrote:
Anyone heard from the adcom regarding the shortlist candidates for interview?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

nope... so i think its gonna be out by 10.. thats what akshay89 told..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
Send PM
Any news about the interview dates? Are they out already

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Shortlist out... link below:-

https://acad.xlri.ac.in/result2018/index.php
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Is there any current student here who can throw light on the interview ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM