It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 14:00

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Olin (St. Louis) R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Fuqua R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I'm stressed out answering all the possible questions they can ask...

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 38

I'm stressed out answering all the possible questions they can ask... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 16:44
There's just so many possible things (infinite) that an interviewer can ask that it's overwhelming me writing a S.T.A.R. answer for each. How would co-workers describe you, how do you lead, what doesn't your employer like about you, challenge you overcame, what's your favorite part about the school, what would you do if you were the CEO, how can you help our community, etc. etc. And then if I give an answer, they can ask followup questions about my answer so I have to think of answers for that.

Just, how do you not get overwhelmed by preparing responses and memorizing them for all of the schools you're applying to!?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 38

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
I'm stressed out answering all the possible questions they can ask... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 17:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gillyelephant wrote:
There's just so many possible things (infinite) that an interviewer can ask that it's overwhelming me writing a S.T.A.R. answer for each. How would co-workers describe you, how do you lead, what doesn't your employer like about you, challenge you overcame, what's your favorite part about the school, what would you do if you were the CEO, how can you help our community, etc. etc. And then if I give an answer, they can ask followup questions about my answer so I have to think of answers for that.

Just, how do you not get overwhelmed by preparing responses and memorizing them for all of the schools you're applying to!?

First of all gillyelephant... take a deep breath! I think you are overthinking this and that is adding unnecessary stress! Try to think of the interview as a conversation- you don't have to memorize what will happen in a conversation- so don't think you have to memorize answers for the interview.

What you should do is review some key themes and work examples you'd like to highlight. Know those well- and practice how you say those- but don't memorize. Then just review some basic responses... like Tell me about yourself, Why MBA, Why Now, Why This school, what are you proudest of at work, how will you make an impact at the school. Don't be surprised by those kinds of questions because chances are they are coming... so for the 20% of questions you can't predict, just relax and refer back to your key themes to help you answer! The more you relax and realize no one is trying to trick you-just trying to get to know you- the more you can reveal your true self and the better the outcome! Good luck! Stratus prep does offer mock interview coaching and you can get more details here: https://stratusprep.com/admissions/busi ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 42

I'm stressed out answering all the possible questions they can ask...   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2017, 17:02

I'm stressed out answering all the possible questions they can ask...

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap