GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Aug 2019, 00:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Idiopathic Hypersomnia

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Idiopathic Hypersomnia  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 02:49
Hi All,

If anyone has experience with working with the GMAC, I would like to know how they are with test accommodations. In my undergrad, I received time and a half to take exams because of my sleep disorder idiopathic hypersomnia, which is excessive sleepiness from an unknown cause. My disorder is similar to Narcolepsy. Symptoms include cognitive dysfunction, which includes memory problems, automatic behavior, and difficulties with concentration and attention. I bolded concentration and attention because that is my biggest struggle when I took exams, especially exams that require a lot of reading (CR,RC,SC). So in undergrad, I was allotted extra time to compensate for the lack of concentration and attention.

For anyone that has experienced working with GMAC to get accommodations, or maybe even has a similar cognitive disorder, would the GMAC grant me time and a half for the GMAT for my sleep disorder? I read through the literature regarding accommodations but it was inconclusive to me.

I would appreciate anyone that could help me, or at least guide me to the right resource/person!
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Idiopathic Hypersomnia  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 05:41
lamviec4 - Welcome to GMAT Club!

I would advice you to immediately write an email to Pearson Vue. Send an email to your local Pearson VUE, using the email addresses in the below link.
MBA.com Contact: https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us

To answer your query, I am copying the official GMAT representative, OfficialGMAT

New to GMAT Club or overwhelmed with so many resources? Follow the GMAT Club Study Plan!
Not happy with your GMAT score? Retaking GMAT Strategies!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Idiopathic Hypersomnia   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2019, 05:41

Idiopathic Hypersomnia

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep