GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 02:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Asset Management (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
IIM Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 04:37
Hi,

My name is Devashish Mishra.

I did my GMAT on 15th Sep and scored 710 (Q51, V34 and IR4). Kindly advise colleges where conversion chances are on higher side looking at my profile for Executive MBA programmes. I was initially looking for IIMs and ISB to do the same within India.

Total Work experience - 11 Years and 3 Months till date
Industry - IT and Consulting
Role - Project Manager
Organisation - Fidelity Information Services (FIS)

Co-Founder (other Founder is my wife) - Tekzone Web Solutions India Private Limited in 2016 with 9 employees at present.

Key Certifications - PMP Certified Project Manager, PMI-ACP certified Agile Project Manager, ISTQB certified Testing practitioner
Graduation - B.Tech. from NIT Bhopal 2007 in Electronics and Communication with 8.48 GPA (out of 10). Among the top 10 scholars and Student Council member
XII - 80% (34th Rank in UP State board across the state)
X - 75.33%

Work Experience includes 5 years of UK onshore - IT management with key projects including:

- Lloyds and HBoS Integration: Role -IT Testing Manager for Debit Card Integration
- Lloyds Banking Group: Role - IT testing manager for Contactless Cards
- Lloyds Banking Group Divestment: TSB - Role - IT testing Manager for the Divestment Programme
- Lloyds Banking Group - Desktop Transformation Programme - Role: IT QA Manager for Windows 7 remediation and rollout across 3500 LBG UK branches

Within India, key projects including:

- Setting up first DevOps team for Investone (Mutual Fund Accounting and processing) product for Production Support
- Delivered multiple Investone Releases across 90+ clients as a Project Manager
- Managed budgets, SoWs, Invoices by delivering 35%+ profitability for all LBG Infrastructure testing projects for Cognizant Technology Solutions

- PMO of WeKare - Capgemini CSR initiative

Key Achievements:

- Winner of Hackathon 2017 across all location at FIS and presented our solution to HP and Microsoft judges in Berlin during the FIS Global event.
- My case study on Debit Card Integration delivery was selected by Computer Honours Magzine as Top 10 most innovative Agile deliveries of 2010.
- Won Director's Recommendation award in 2016 for Desktop Transformation Programme's Delivery for CTS-UK.
- Pillar of Excellence award for setting up HBoS Credit Card testing unit for Lloyds Banking Group at Cognizant Pune center while at UK
- Arranged $3000 for Jargiti school for Blind Children being part of WeKare - Capgemini's CSR initiative
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 05:00
Hello Devashishmishra

You have a decent profile for the one year program at IIMs.
Entrepreneurial experience and international exposure definitely helps.
Some of your achievements look solid too. Hence, fodder for essays.
To further stand out, do mention extracurricular too. You can read here to know what are the factors you should be focusing on in your application.
Lastly, I don't see a mention of your career goals and the motivation to pursue an MBA, especially with your experience. This is the most vital part of an application. You may want to add to your research by reading here.
To conclude- decent shot if you package your essay/LOR well.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Devashishmishra wrote:
Hi,

My name is Devashish Mishra.

I did my GMAT on 15th Sep and scored 710 (Q51, V34 and IR4). Kindly advise colleges where conversion chances are on higher side looking at my profile for Executive MBA programmes. I was initially looking for IIMs and ISB to do the same within India.

Total Work experience - 11 Years and 3 Months till date
Industry - IT and Consulting
Role - Project Manager
Organisation - Fidelity Information Services (FIS)

Co-Founder (other Founder is my wife) - Tekzone Web Solutions India Private Limited in 2016 with 9 employees at present.

Key Certifications - PMP Certified Project Manager, PMI-ACP certified Agile Project Manager, ISTQB certified Testing practitioner
Graduation - B.Tech. from NIT Bhopal 2007 in Electronics and Communication with 8.48 GPA (out of 10). Among the top 10 scholars and Student Council member
XII - 80% (34th Rank in UP State board across the state)
X - 75.33%

Work Experience includes 5 years of UK onshore - IT management with key projects including:

- Lloyds and HBoS Integration: Role -IT Testing Manager for Debit Card Integration
- Lloyds Banking Group: Role - IT testing manager for Contactless Cards
- Lloyds Banking Group Divestment: TSB - Role - IT testing Manager for the Divestment Programme
- Lloyds Banking Group - Desktop Transformation Programme - Role: IT QA Manager for Windows 7 remediation and rollout across 3500 LBG UK branches

Within India, key projects including:

- Setting up first DevOps team for Investone (Mutual Fund Accounting and processing) product for Production Support
- Delivered multiple Investone Releases across 90+ clients as a Project Manager
- Managed budgets, SoWs, Invoices by delivering 35%+ profitability for all LBG Infrastructure testing projects for Cognizant Technology Solutions

- PMO of WeKare - Capgemini CSR initiative

Key Achievements:

- Winner of Hackathon 2017 across all location at FIS and presented our solution to HP and Microsoft judges in Berlin during the FIS Global event.
- My case study on Debit Card Integration delivery was selected by Computer Honours Magzine as Top 10 most innovative Agile deliveries of 2010.
- Won Director's Recommendation award in 2016 for Desktop Transformation Programme's Delivery for CTS-UK.
- Pillar of Excellence award for setting up HBoS Credit Card testing unit for Lloyds Banking Group at Cognizant Pune center while at UK
- Arranged $3000 for Jargiti school for Blind Children being part of WeKare - Capgemini's CSR initiative

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 19 Sep 2018, 05:00

IIM Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap