[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "201_school_count"
INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : INSEAD - Page 28
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:34 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:34
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [1]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I need some input on my chances of cracking INSEAD. I am Male/29/B.Tech with a total of 6.5 years (7.7 at the time of class commencement) of Experience (details provided below). I have a 720 GMAT score (V40, Q49). I have very few extra curricular activity, I generally spend my free time taking care of my family business (we have a small knitting factory employing 10-12 employees, its nothing big but since last 2 years I have been actively involved in helping my father out, he passed away in last march and I have been taking care of the overall administration since then).

Work Experience -

Feb 2016 - Current, PwC India Advisory (D&A Tech Consulting) - Currently a Senior Consultant (promoted in 2017)
As part of the D&A Advisory practice I generally work with Banks and other Financial Service companies to evaluate their analytical capabilities and advise them on to optimise and improve their data usage. I have also been working closely with the PwC FinTech team to connect with FinTech start ups and explore avenues of collaboration.

As of today I am part of a joint Technology Consulting and Management Consulting Digital Sales Growth Strategy project where I am responsible technology, analytics & data science strategy and PMO. I have two people reporting directly to me and am up for a promotion next year.

Jan 2015 - Feb 2016, Deloitte India (Enterprise Risk Services) - Consultant
As part of the ERS Team within Deloitte India, I worked closely with the Statutory and Internal Audit teams designing and implementing analytical solutions to identify high fraud risks as well as gaps in business process.

Aug 2013 - Jan 2015 - PwC SDC Kolkata - Associate
Working as Data Analyst of the CAATs (Computer Aided Audit Techniques) team, on SAS 99 Journal entry testing for various clients providing auxiliary support to various PwC US, UK, Canada & Australia Audit teams.

Dec 2012 - Aug 2013 - Cognizant Technology Solutions - Assistant Engineering Trainee
I worked primarily with Cognizant's foreign clients to provide Technical Support and handle queries regarding any system inconsistencies

One drawback in my profile is that I am not from any renowned Engineering institute. I graduated from Institute of Engineering & Management (under WBUT) with 7.41/10 CGPA.

With regards to career goals, I would like to continue in Consulting or FinTech related role. The MBA for me is to facilitate more of a vertical shift rather than a industry change. I am facing a mental block in how I can present my case with the essays. I would really appreciate if you any of you guys have some inputs for me.

Also, feel free to suggest some alternate MBA programs, as of now the only other schools I am considering are ISB and NUS.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Munna
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hey Munna,

I will start from high level and then delve in.

Your score 720 and average experience 7.7 is more than average. INSEAD values entrepreneurship and family business a lot. Every year, there are handful of candidates, who are from Family business category.

Addressing your concern that you are not from any renowned university, it is a myth, don't bother. This is where INSEAD is different from other B-schools. You can't change your past but you can try to make future better and INSEAD understands that. Shortlist is more about you are in present rather than your past schools. No one is a born INSEADer but you become one by your hard/smart work.

MBA and Beyond is based out of Singapore and NUS is one of the most sought out schools. Having said that, I believe with your score and profile you should not restrict yourself to just ISB and NUS.

To get help on shortlisting of schools, Essays, LORs, CV and Interview preparation, schedule session here.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Admission Consulting

undrachivrpapu wrote:
Hi Guys,

I need some input on my chances of cracking INSEAD. I am Male/29/B.Tech with a total of 6.5 years (7.7 at the time of class commencement) of Experience (details provided below). I have a 720 GMAT score (V40, Q49). I have very few extra curricular activity, I generally spend my free time taking care of my family business (we have a small knitting factory employing 10-12 employees, its nothing big but since last 2 years I have been actively involved in helping my father out, he passed away in last march and I have been taking care of the overall administration since then).

Work Experience -

Feb 2016 - Current, PwC India Advisory (D&A Tech Consulting) - Currently a Senior Consultant (promoted in 2017)
As part of the D&A Advisory practice I generally work with Banks and other Financial Service companies to evaluate their analytical capabilities and advise them on to optimise and improve their data usage. I have also been working closely with the PwC FinTech team to connect with FinTech start ups and explore avenues of collaboration.

As of today I am part of a joint Technology Consulting and Management Consulting Digital Sales Growth Strategy project where I am responsible technology, analytics & data science strategy and PMO. I have two people reporting directly to me and am up for a promotion next year.

As part of the ERS Team within Deloitte India, I worked closely with the Statutory and Internal Audit teams designing and implementing analytical solutions to identify high fraud risks as well as gaps in business process.

Working as Data Analyst of the CAATs (Computer Aided Audit Techniques) team, on SAS 99 Journal entry testing for various clients providing auxiliary support to various PwC US, UK, Canada & Australia Audit teams.

Dec 2012 - Aug 2013 - Cognizant Technology Solutions - Assistant Engineering Trainee
I worked primarily with Cognizant's foreign clients to provide Technical Support and handle queries regarding any system inconsistencies

One drawback in my profile is that I am not from any renowned Engineering institute. I graduated from Institute of Engineering & Management (under WBUT) with 7.41/10 CGPA.

With regards to career goals, I would like to continue in Consulting or FinTech related role. The MBA for me is to facilitate more of a vertical shift rather than a industry change. I am facing a mental block in how I can present my case with the essays. I would really appreciate if you any of you guys have some inputs for me.

Also, feel free to suggest some alternate MBA programs, as of now the only other schools I am considering are ISB and NUS.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Munna
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
undrachivrpapu wrote:
Hi Guys,

Work Experience -

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Munna

Hi Munna,

Your profile description shows good career progression and the coming promotion will only add to that. That said, in your application, you must highlight your achievements and the impact you have created through your work with clients and your organization alike. A lot of the applicants fail to depict these, specifically on the resume, but my advice is to create a solid resume that highlights your 1. career progression; 2. (quantified) achievements; 3 leadership skills. This is specifically important for a person applying with higher work experience (and we see lot of resumes all the time that don't follow this).

Applying to INSEAD, its a must that you show your global mindset and adaptability - so these are the other elements you would definitely focus upon.

Thirdly, You'll have to make a solid argument as to why you need an MBA? You seem to be on a good growth path and you also don't wish to change your career, So, is an MBA really required at this time?

Hope the pointers above get you to think in the right direction. Else, feel free to reach out.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
undrachivrpapu wrote:
Hi Guys,

Work Experience -

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Munna

Hello undrachivrpapu,

Thanks for sharing your query.

Consider the entrepreneurial experience, career progression, and experience with dealing with international teams, you definitely have a competitive profile for both ISB and NUS. Of course, how you approach your essays will be very crucial.

With regard to INSEAD, it would be nice to see a bit of a spike in your overall GMAT score; the same would help differentiate your candidature from the rest of the Indian male applicant pool. A set of stellar essays is a given anyway.

Do not worry too much about your engineering degree. It is time now to focus on the items that are controllable (essays + GMAT score).

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a detailed profile evaluation for free. Should you wish to proceed with the same, please feel free to drop in a personal message.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
HI

What are my chances at Insead, Kellog?

Age - 27 years
Nationality - Indian
Gender- Male
GMAT - Not Given (Mock score ~ 680-700) targeting a score of 710-720

Graduation - Btech in civil engineering from GNDEC Ludhiana (2013) (State government college) - 71% (20th rank)
Post Grad diploma - Young India Fellowship(Postgrad. diploma in liberal arts ) at Ashoka University (2017) in collaboration with Sciences Po

Work Experience - ~5 years

Strategy Consultant- CEO Office, CLIX Capital July’17- Present (Erstwhile GE capital India)

Project Manager – CLIX CASH – A digital, consumer lending entity in collaboration with European Fintech.
Responsible for timely build & delivery of the platform to handle 3mn+ customers

Ideation and built of Go to market strategy of three business lines – SME, Leasing, two wheeler finance
Responsible for timely delivery of key initiatives lead by CEO office
Assisted the management team in two fundraising exercises

Founder, PAB Agri Brands, Punjab Dec’15-Jun’16

A non-profit organization started with an aim to help farmers to establish complete B2C value chain for self-made products produced using modern sustainable cultivation and manufacturing techniques
Launched 150 Agri products; 800 farmers covered, 80 district distributors, 13 consumers
Organized 100+ workshops for 2k+ farmers about benefits and market avenues of organic farming
Connected around 10k farmers with experts(professors/scientists from Punjab Agriculture University)

Co-founder, Grocery Guy Aug’15-Nov’15

Launched delivery startup for a regional agricultural product (B2C) focusing on providing an alternate platform connecting end-consumers and farmers.  Headed Marketing & Operations 21 membered team;
offered 800+ products on the digital platform 
On boarded 300+ organic produce farmers to sell on the platform  Established complete logistics solution to handle 100+ orders a day
Launched 15+ marketing campaigns using digital and print media covering 1 million potential costumers  Raised seed funding of $200K from US-based NGO

Tata Consultancy Services, Madras, Chandigarh Client-side Representative Jan’14-July’15

Worked as an interface between the Punjab government and the company. Worked in collaboration with Chief secretary of state.  40K+ teachers database & their works department brought online

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
sidak7 wrote:
HI

What are my chances at Insead, Kellog?

Age - 27 years
Nationality - Indian
Gender- Male
GMAT - Not Given (Mock score ~ 680-700) targeting a score of 710-720

Graduation - Btech in civil engineering from GNDEC Ludhiana (2013) (State government college) - 71% (20th rank)
Post Grad diploma - Young India Fellowship(Postgrad. diploma in liberal arts ) at Ashoka University (2017) in collaboration with Sciences Po

Work Experience - ~5 years

Strategy Consultant- CEO Office, CLIX Capital July’17- Present (Erstwhile GE capital India)

Project Manager – CLIX CASH – A digital, consumer lending entity in collaboration with European Fintech.
Responsible for timely build & delivery of the platform to handle 3mn+ customers

Ideation and built of Go to market strategy of three business lines – SME, Leasing, two wheeler finance
Responsible for timely delivery of key initiatives lead by CEO office
Assisted the management team in two fundraising exercises

Founder, PAB Agri Brands, Punjab Dec’15-Jun’16

A non-profit organization started with an aim to help farmers to establish complete B2C value chain for self-made products produced using modern sustainable cultivation and manufacturing techniques
Launched 150 Agri products; 800 farmers covered, 80 district distributors, 13 consumers
Organized 100+ workshops for 2k+ farmers about benefits and market avenues of organic farming
Connected around 10k farmers with experts(professors/scientists from Punjab Agriculture University)

Co-founder, Grocery Guy Aug’15-Nov’15

Launched delivery startup for a regional agricultural product (B2C) focusing on providing an alternate platform connecting end-consumers and farmers.  Headed Marketing & Operations 21 membered team;
offered 800+ products on the digital platform 
On boarded 300+ organic produce farmers to sell on the platform  Established complete logistics solution to handle 100+ orders a day
Launched 15+ marketing campaigns using digital and print media covering 1 million potential costumers  Raised seed funding of $200K from US-based NGO

Tata Consultancy Services, Madras, Chandigarh Client-side Representative Jan’14-July’15

Worked as an interface between the Punjab government and the company. Worked in collaboration with Chief secretary of state.  40K+ teachers database & their works department brought online

Thanks

Hi,

You have a great profile for both the b-schools. I'll discuss one point at a time:
1. Acads- Good, decent! The YIF gives you a unique point to talk about. you can leverage this to talk about developing a well-rounded personality, some liberal arts exposure for an engineer's mind- pretty much what the program is about. GMAT- I'd say, target higher than 720, its definitely required for Kellogg where the class average GMAT is 732. A higher GMAT is specifically important when there are equally good applicants from your pool and with a better GMAT score than yours.

2. Work experience- sounds interesting. You have driven a number of initiatives. these must find a mention in the application, specifically in the resume, with their quantified impact.
Your work at PAB- is that before the Fellowship? While the numbers are very impressive, it will be pertinent to know the scale of the organization and actual impact on farmers - how did your initiatives improve their lives? Other questions- how many people worked for this? were your projects funded?
Your third experience, at Grocery Guy is of very small duration, and given this, the achievements seem to be quite too many.

3. ECAs- you haven't mentioned any

4. goals is the other missing part. Both programs ask for career goals and why you need an MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Hello all,

I am a mechanical engineer working in the electric drive train design team for 45 months.
Indian Male
GMAT: 730
TOEFL: 108
GPA: 3.1 / 4

Profile:
1. Working in the same company for 45 months and I have received 2 promotions during this period. I am discharging duties as a Associate Project Manager for a team of 4.
I work with myriad cross functional teams and I am responsible a special sample.

I am the Training Coordinator for a group of 150 people too. My work in this role was recognized with a One Time Award.

International work experience:
1 month in 2018 in Germany; 6 months in 2019 in Germany

Extracurricular:
I am the CSR coordinator for a group of 30 at my organization; We have adopted a school and we are working towards uplifting it to a point where students would be able to compete with other schools

Passion:
I am passionate about Automotive clean energy and since my engineering project, I can show that I have worked in clean energy for the automotive sector
I was the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) President in my undergrad and I was the captain of a team of 15.

Post-MBA Plans:
I would like to move into Strategy preferably in the same domain (Electric vehicles domain)

Target schools:
1. Rotterdam school of Management: This is my safe school
2. HEC Paris: This is my ambitious school
3. INSEAD: This is my dream school. I know I am going to waste my application fee but I really want to give this a shot.
4. Mannheim Berlin: This is my safe school
5. ESMT: This is my safe school

I would really appreciate if you can suggest any new schools to apply.

Thank you very much in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,
I want to apply for NUS and INSEAD MBA. Kindly evaluate my profile for the same.
Personal info: I am 27 years old, female, engineer
Educational qualification:
B-Tech in Electrical & Electronics engineering from NIT Jamshedpur with CGPA 9.2
XIIth: 86% (Science background)
Xth: 94%
Aiming for GMAT scrore >=730
Work-ex: I have been working in JSW Steel Vijaynagar unit in Total Quality Management department from past 3.5 years. I am in the core TQM team and was instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in the organization under the leadership of TQM Head, Vice President, who is also my reporting manager. We, as an organization challenged the much coveted Deming Prize in the year 2018 and got the same. During this entire Deming journey, I had a great opportunity to interact with Japanese TQM Gurus who were also the consultant for the Deming journey. Right now I am instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in JSW Energy unit. Apart from this, I look after the capability building section of TQM department and under this have covered 7500 employees under our various training programs. I am also a certified Lead auditor of ISO 9001:2015, 14001, and 45001. I have been trained in Advanced Statistics as well and is an in-house trainer for tools such as Regression analysis and Design of Experiments.
Extra-curricular: I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years. In college, I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch. I was a member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college. I also held the post of Joint General Secretary of Fine Arts club and the Vice President of Girls batch. Moreover, I was in the core team of Corporate Affairs which was instrumental in raising funds for organizing the techfest of our college. I was also a faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur and taught children over there. We, as a team, setup schools and learning centers for underprivileged children in nearby areas.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Surabhi59 wrote:
Hi,
I want to apply for NUS and INSEAD MBA. Kindly evaluate my profile for the same.
B-Tech in Electrical & Electronics engineering from NIT Jamshedpur with CGPA 9.2
Work-ex: I have been working in JSW Steel Vijaynagar unit in Total Quality Management department from past 3.5 years. I am in the core TQM team and was instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in the organization under the leadership of TQM Head, Vice President, who is also my reporting manager. We, as an organization challenged the much coveted Deming Prize in the year 2018 and got the same. During this entire Deming journey, I had a great opportunity to interact with Japanese TQM Gurus who were also the consultant for the Deming journey. Right now I am instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in JSW Energy unit. Apart from this, I look after the capability building section of TQM department and under this have covered 7500 employees under our various training programs. I am also a certified Lead auditor of ISO 9001:2015, 14001, and 45001. I have been trained in Advanced Statistics as well and is an in-house trainer for tools such as Regression analysis and Design of Experiments.
Extra-curricular: I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years. In college, I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch. I was a member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college. I also held the post of Joint General Secretary of Fine Arts club and the Vice President of Girls batch. Moreover, I was in the core team of Corporate Affairs which was instrumental in raising funds for organizing the techfest of our college. I was also a faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur and taught children over there. We, as a team, setup schools and learning centers for underprivileged children in nearby areas.

Hi Surabhi,

Incidentally, we have worked with an applicant working in the TQM department at an automotive, and we have also helped someone from JSW, having similar number of work experience as yours. SO I hope I am able to shed some light on your candidature.
You have worked on several big initiatives, which is always a good thing. It will be important to understand your specific role in these projects- exactly what initiatives/ actions did you take that made the project outcomes better? How did you lead other people? what results did you achieve? While your team achievements are important, adcoms would like to know your specific contribution to them. SInce INSEAD focuses a LOT on international experience, it would be nice to know if you have gained any international work exp. either by traveling abroad or by working in multi-cultural teams.

You have a breadth of ECAs, but all of them seem to be in college. Which ECAs have you pursued in the past 4 years?

REgarding the GMAT - yes it would help to have a good GMAT score. Aim for the best you can achieve.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
Surabhi59 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Surabhi,

Incidentally, we have worked with an applicant working in the TQM department at an automotive, and we have also helped someone from JSW, having similar number of work experience as yours. SO I hope I am able to shed some light on your candidature.
You have worked on several big initiatives, which is always a good thing. It will be important to understand your specific role in these projects- exactly what initiatives/ actions did you take that made the project outcomes better? How did you lead other people? what results did you achieve? While your team achievements are important, adcoms would like to know your specific contribution to them. SInce INSEAD focuses a LOT on international experience, it would be nice to know if you have gained any international work exp. either by traveling abroad or by working in multi-cultural teams.

You have a breadth of ECAs, but all of them seem to be in college. Which ECAs have you pursued in the past 4 years?

REgarding the GMAT - yes it would help to have a good GMAT score. Aim for the best you can achieve.

Thanks for your reply.

Since the organization is big, so we divided the entire organization of around 35 departments into 14 clusters based upon their functioning and I was given the responsibility of implementing TQM in one of them which was the unit of Production Services which comprised of Energy, Environment, Central Utilities and Central Maintenance departments. My role was to streamline these departments as per TQM Philosophy and was accountable for the same in front of the Top management of the Organization. I worked in close coordination with the teams formed in each of these four departments along with their HODs to drive TQM.
As far as International exposure is concerned, I have worked with the Japanese consultants in close coordination during this 3 year period of TQM implementation. We had frequent visits of them and they guided us along the TQM way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi Everybody,

I'm interested to see whether my profile is competitive for INSEAD.

Female, Irish, 29
GMAT: TBC - Will be sitting in June '19
Education: Bachelors of Commerce & Chinese from No 1 Irish business school - involved one year studying exclusively Chinese in top Chinese University - GPA 3.6

WE: 5.5 years - Founded own company straight after University in Ireland, built business from scratch to 10 employees and $2 million+ revenue. Ran business for 3 years then found replacement for myself and then moved to Asia and have worked in regional sales roles across APAC for tech companies for past 2.5 years - top regional sales performer.

Extra curricular: Experienced sailor, avid traveller - have lived in USA, Greece, Singapore, China; top 5 in the world irish dancer
In terms of languages, I can speak English, Irish, French and Chinese.

After-MBA: My goal is to go back in Entrepreneurship

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hello Speir89,

INSEAD values entrepreneurship a lot. Revenue and taking an exit is impressive. I am sure you will have a lot to talk on leadership. Having lived and worked in other countries speaks about International Exposure. By the time you will join, assuming you are applying for Sep 2020 intake, 6.5 years of work experience is in the range of average work experience. Your GPA is pretty decent as well. I did not meet any sailor at INSEAD, across 17J and D ;) but still a lot of work is needed on showcasing uniqueness. Would love to hear more from you.

GMAT is a big hurdle and an indicator of Academic Potential. Work smart and all the best.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a Free Intro Session here.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shantanu-sharma-b7938431/

speir89 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I'm interested to see whether my profile is competitive for INSEAD.

Female, Irish, 29
GMAT: TBC - Will be sitting in June '19
Education: Bachelors of Commerce & Chinese from No 1 Irish business school - involved one year studying exclusively Chinese in top Chinese University - GPA 3.6

WE: 5.5 years - Founded own company straight after University in Ireland, built business from scratch to 10 employees and $2 million+ revenue. Ran business for 3 years then found replacement for myself and then moved to Asia and have worked in regional sales roles across APAC for tech companies for past 2.5 years - top regional sales performer.

Extra curricular: Experienced sailor, avid traveller - have lived in USA, Greece, Singapore, China; top 5 in the world irish dancer
In terms of languages, I can speak English, Irish, French and Chinese.

After-MBA: My goal is to go back in Entrepreneurship

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi speir89,

thank you for sharing your profile.

I really like it, and it has really good elements to be competitive for INSEAD.

I just wanted to quickly address a few things to build on the previous post:

a. Make sure to explain your career path in a way that shows career progression. For example, the AdCom will wonder why you left a successful business you built from scratch to take on a sales role. So, try to justify this transition as a move upwards in your career. By the way, did you sell your company? Or is it still yours but your hired your replacement?

b. Try to refine your career goals. INSEAD's career goals essay does not leave room for too many details (only 100 words), but try to be more specific when it comes to your goals (e.g. geography, industry, what problem/issue will your company aim to solve, etc...), and try to break down your goals into short term (i.e. immediate post-MBA) and long term.

c. GMAT score is not the most important element to gain admission at INSEAD, but still plays an important role. Try to score above 700 to be on the safe side, with Q and V sections above 70th percentile and IR of at least 6. Have you done any complete mock tests? What have you been scoring so far?

I hope this helps.

I would love to see your resume (or LinkedIn profile) to assess further your profile. Feel free to PM or email me at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Good luck!
Alex
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Work Ex : 2 years of work ex as an administrator in our family run hospital. Trustee of an NGO working in furthering female education in the state (candidates mostly from rural / backward areas) in the fields of medicine and nursing, and organising subsidised health camps. Worked in the same informally during college and started new training programs during the same.

Education : CGPA 7.2 in Civil Eng, 10th 89, 12th - 78.

GMAT: .Taking the test soon but expect something in between 700-730 considering my CAT score of 97%le.

Extra curriculars : Speak four languages, certified in music Rockschool London. Also into digital art and started a small business in the same.

Participated in '08 commonwealth youth games in the closing ceremony.

Needed to know what score will I require for a 1-5 or atleast 5-10 kind of offer.

TIA.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 503 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
randhir1 wrote:
Work Ex : 2 years of work ex as an administrator in our family run hospital. Trustee of an NGO working in furthering female education in the state (candidates mostly from rural / backward areas) in the fields of medicine and nursing, and organising subsidised health camps. Worked in the same informally during college and started new training programs during the same.

Education : CGPA 7.2 in Civil Eng, 10th 89, 12th - 78.

GMAT: .Taking the test soon but expect something in between 700-730 considering my CAT score of 97%le.

Extra curriculars : Speak four languages, certified in music Rockschool London. Also into digital art and started a small business in the same.

Participated in '08 commonwealth youth games in the closing ceremony.

Needed to know what score will I require for a 1-5 or atleast 5-10 kind of offer.

TIA.

Hello randhir1

f(E) as expecting really doesnt mean much, it could be like that, but also not.

I am not saying that to discourage you, it is a fact, at this point this is just a wish.

I know you think it is realistic but it doesnt mean anything until you actually have a score.

That is from perspective of someone who will need to evaluate your profile.

Now INSEAD is top school along with LBS consider to be best and most competitive in Europe.

Here is my post about it, with all necessary info :

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-in-europ ... l#p2181213

Average of accepted students at INSEAD is 711.

If I understood your question correctly, you are asking what score will get you some scholarship, you can ask them directly that, but I assume the answer is going to be that it depends on overall profile, not just GMAT score.

Good Luck :cool:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE:Law (Other)
Send PM

Originally posted by LadyGaladriel on 24 May 2019, 10:47.
Last edited by LadyGaladriel on 13 Apr 2020, 03:51, edited 2 times in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi everyone,

Do I stand a chance at INSEAD with my profile? It's my dream school, and the aim is to switch to a consultancy. I have been counselling clients from a legal perspective for a while (being a transactional lawyer - primarily M&A and PE), and would love to switch to business/strategy counselling through a consultancy career.

Female, Indian, Corporate Lawyer

GMAT: 710 (V40, Q47, IR5, AWA 6)

Educational qualifications: I have completed my schooling at a school that features every year in the Times of India top 10 schools in India. I secured 95% in 10th and 86% in 12th.

Thereafter, I studied my law (5-year B.A.LL.B course) in one of the top 10 law schools in the country. My grades in college are unfortunately average. In top 25 in a batch of 100.

Work experience: I have around 4 years of PQE (and will complete 5 by the time of starting the session). First 2 years were at one of top 5 law firms in India, through college placements. The subsequent 2 years (and where I am working right now) is at the #1 law firm in India. I work as a transactional lawyer (specializing in M&A and private equity investments) and mostly work with foreign clients being companies (many US, UK, Chinese, Australian and Singapore clients) and PE funds (such Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Warburg Pincus and Brookfield) looking at investments in India.

I have recently been promoted to a Senior Associate, which is one of the only 3 promotions that we receive in our entire careers in law firms. Our designations are Associate ---> Senior Associate ----> Principal Associate ----> Partner. Further, I have consistently been rated very high in terms of performance and have received high bonus payouts. My job profile is very high in client facing work and involves no court experience, since I am a corporate lawyer and deal with transactions such as share purchase, acquisitions, mergers etc., and not litigation.

Recommendations: I can obtain recommendations from my current boss (a partner at my firm), another partner at my firm that I work for extensively, and my ex-boss (a partner at my ex-firm).

Co-curriculars: Have 2 legal research papers as publications in journals and 1 legal research paper presentation. Also have 1 moot court participation in a national level moot court competition.

Extra-curricular:
a) During College:
• Volunteering at an NGO that provides free legal aid to socially disadvantaged women.
• Teaching at a coaching class for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test - the Indian equivalent of LSAT ).
• Part-time content writing for websites (including the blog of an online retailer).
• Headed the book clubs on sci-fi and fantasy literature and organized intra-college crossword tournaments.
• In the organization committee of an inter-law school sports festival organized by our law school.

b) Post College:
• Mentoring a financially disadvantaged teenager with an NGO.
• Handled the CSR activity of a listed company in Indore with a friend by creating a plan for manufacturing low-cost sanitary napkins for distribution in Indore to disadvantaged women.

c) Office participation:
• Part of the team which suggests ideas and drives the updating of the technological systems within the workplace for increased productivity.
• Regularly conduct workshops in office on sexual harassment at the workplace.

I identify my major flaws as (i) not very high GMAT score, (ii) an unbalanced GMAT score, and (iii) not securing very high grades during my undergrad. Unfortunately flaws are what we can't undo.

Thanks to whoever is kind enough to share their two bits!

Hi,

You have a nice profile, and the good thing is lawyers are accepted by business schools, so you have as good a chance as anyone else. We helped another female candidate with a similar profile/work experience like yours and the same career goal get into a top US MBA program, so I know your goals should be fine. Obviously, you will need to explain why they make sense for you (and excite you) given your past experience.

While your college ECAs are important, I like to give more preference to current ECAs as they are more relevant. I like the two activities that you are involved in. In the CSr activity, if you were also part of the implementation, it will make your involvement all the more better.

Regarding the GMAT- you have the time for a retake if you are applying in September. I am not concerned about the unbalanced score, but scoring a little higher on the quant section can always help. This specifically holds if your undergrad grades were average - you'd want to apply with a higher GMAT score then. We did have an applicant this past year who got into INSEAD with a 710 GMAT score, but I'd still recommend a retake to feel safer about your chances. Needless to say, an application that is strong on every front will still remain a requirement, even with an improved GMAT score.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30  ...  70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3773 posts