GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 08:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Is 150 the Magic Exec Assessment Score?

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Is 150 the Magic Exec Assessment Score?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 16:25
From Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts), http://www.mbaadmit.com, email: info@mbaadmit.com

Interested in learning if we think you can be successful as an EMBA applicant to a top business school? Feel free to sign up for a FREE Profile Evaluation directly from Dr. Shel Watts, a Harvard and Oxford graduate with Harvard admissions experience and over 25 years of work with MBA applicants. Fill out the profile evaluation form on our homepage at http://www.mbaadmit.com or send your resume to info@mbaadmit.com.

Ask about our current EMBA special. Current Season’s Best Pricing: $1495 for a streamlined comprehensive package that includes a strategy session, essay editing, resume review and work with recommendation writers (Compare with our competitors who charge $5,200!). Valid through March 17, 2018. Opt to work directly with Dr. Shel on your MBA applications!

Is 150 the Magic Executive Assessment Score?

Because the Executive Assessment exam is so new, many candidates are anxious about their scores, wondering how high is good enough to be competitive at top EMBA programs like Columbia, Booth or Wharton. We have had many candidates take the test now, and the vast majority of scores we have seen have been between 150-153. The standout scores have been 160 or above. This can give you a sense of things.

Consistent with this, we have learned from a Wharton EMBA representative that Wharton considers 150 to be an acceptable score, but of course they would love to see higher if possible.

What Executive Assessment score puts you in the danger zone for a rejection based on the score? For top schools like Columbia, Booth or Wharton, I believe a score in the low 130s might put an application at risk, unless there are other solid metrics you can offer to demonstrate what the admissions committees refer to as “quantitative readiness.”

If you would like assistance in preparing an excellent application for any of these EMBA programs, feel free to reach out to us at http://www.mbaadmit.com or send an email to info@mbaadmit.com.

We welcome you to sign up for our FREE informative Newsletter, which provides useful tips, insider information and guidance for applying to top MBA programs. Sign up on the right hand side of our homepage at http://www.mbaadmit.com.

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts)
President, MBA Admit.com

Email: info@mbaadmit.com From Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts), http://www.mbaadmit.com, email: info@mbaadmit.com

Dr. Shel Watts, the Founder of MBA Admit,.com, is a Harvard and Oxford graduate with Harvard admissions experience and over 26 years of work with MBA applicants. Clients can opt to work directly with Dr. Shel in the admissions process. http://www.mbaadmit.com

Direct email address: info@mbaadmit.com

Intern
Intern
Is 150 the Magic Exec Assessment Score?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 00:19
I just took the Executive Assessment Exam on March 22, 2018 and would like to share with you my experience and some day-of tips:

1) For applicants taking the exam outside of the U.S. please bring your passport. This requirement is not explicitly stated in the confirmation email or on the registration page.
2) There will be no breaks provided so it is important to utilize the 90 minutes very carefully.
3) I thought the biggest challenge for me was time management. As there aren't any practice Executive Assessment exams, I found it hard to simulate the same testing experience at home and ran out of time in both the IR and Verbal section
4) Integrated Reasoning: please note that a physical calculator will NOT be provided. Rather an onscreen calculator will be utilized
5) For the Verbal and Quantitative Sections: Please note that each of these sections are split into two question banks. While the top right hand corner may indicate 7 questions at a time, the time shown is for 14 questions so it is very important to monitor the time constantly
6) Advice for IR section: you will have an option to flag an answer for review before submitting so in the interest of time, make sure you at least get to review all questions. Unanswered questions will be marked as wrong.

Score: I received a 152 (IR: 10, V: 10, Q: 12). Given the allocated time, I only was able to complete 75% of IR, 90% of V and 100% of Q.

I did not find this experience to be that pleasant. The 300 practice questions that GMAC sold was helpful to give you a flavor of the questions but there needs to be practice exams so that you can simulate the same experience.

Good luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
Is 150 the Magic Exec Assessment Score? &nbs [#permalink] 23 Mar 2018, 00:19

Is 150 the Magic Exec Assessment Score?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap