Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 255
Concentration: Economics, International Business
Schools: ISB '19 Fox"19
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Is OG enough for GMAT quants [#permalink]
AjiteshArun wrote:
nailin16 wrote:
I am confused how can I assume that yes I am done with quants.i got 42 in actual gmat(2months back)whereas in Gmat prep mocks I never got below 50.
I am doing OG 2016 completely.
Will that be enough or do I have to consult a few more material whose level of question is above gmat level.
Please guide.
My target score is 50+ in quants.
You'll get different answers for this from different people, but my guess is that most people will need more than just the OG. By the way, your profile says that you have a 51 on quant. Maybe you just had a bad day when you got the 42?

Yep ..thats my old highest score ..
My recent score was lower that my previous score of 690.
I am retaking gmat with a hope of getting 700+ this time.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
nailin16 wrote:
Hi

I am confused how can I assume that yes I am done with quants.i got 42 in actual gmat(2months back)whereas in Gmat prep mocks I never got below 50.
I am doing OG 2016 completely.
Will that be enough or do I have to consult a few more material whose level of question is above gmat level.
Please guide.
My target score is 50+ in quants.

I would suggest go for GMATClub and Manhattan material for more Questions on quant. These will help you achieve Q50-51.

I randomly solve questions from gmatclub .
How can I be more organised in my approach.
Manhattan questions..from which book exactly..they have a set of 8 ..and I have only consulted Manhattan SC so far which doesn't have questions.
Whch guide has quants questions.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
nailin16 wrote:
What material did you use for your earlier attempt? You're obviously capable of getting a 51, so maybe you should play it safe by not depending solely on the OG. Take a look at what abhimahna is suggesting.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
nailin16 wrote:
What material did you use for your earlier attempt? You're obviously capable of getting a 51, so maybe you should play it safe by not depending solely on the OG. Take a look at what abhimahna is suggesting.

I was right out from college, my basics were Damn good.
Work and age has withered me I believe. :-(
I wrote CAT that time (Indian GMAT) I solved Sarvesh kumar (I am not sure about Kumar) but yes a quant book by Sarvesh.

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
nailin16 wrote:
I randomly solve questions from gmatclub .
How can I be more organised in my approach.
Manhattan questions..from which book exactly..they have a set of 8 ..and I have only consulted Manhattan SC so far which doesn't have questions.
Whch guide has quants questions.

Your previous score tells you are capable enough to get Q51. All you need is Patience and Focus while doing Quant Questions. This is what work for me too. I too get questions wrong once I try to hurry or loose my patience. So, just calm down and solve the questions methodologically.

I would suggest first determine the area(PS or DS) in which you are facing issues and then, if possible, determine the specific topics.

Look for questions that Bunuel has in his Signature. Those questions could surely help you reach back to your deserving score.

I think once you do these questions, you don't need anything to improve. Good Luck. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM