GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

ISB app for 2019 intake (Class of 2020) open

new topic post reply Update application status  
VP
VP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
ISB app for 2019 intake (Class of 2020) open  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Jun 2018, 05:06
Top Contributor
ISB's online application for admissions to the PGP Class of 2020 is now open.

Key aspects to note:
- Two mandatory essays and one optional essay (mandatory for reapplicants; optional for first-time applicants)
- The deadlines have been changed - now they are Sep 15 for R1 and Dec 15 for R2
- The first essay has been changed and the second one has been tweaked too. Both essays are similar to essay topics that ISB has used in the past. The first one is very similar to essay 1 from the 2013-14 application, and the second one is almost identical to the goals essay from the 2014-15 application.
- For the first time ever, ISB has introduced a 'language proficiency' field, that requires applicants to submit an IELTS or TOEFL score, if the medium of instruction for their college education was not English. This option is mandatory if this condition is met, irrespective of nationality.

ISB PGP essay topics for 2018-19:
Essay 1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same? (400 words max)

Essay 2: Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB's PGP can help you in achieving your goals? (300 words max)

Detailed analysis of these essays is available here

ISB PGP deadlines for 2018-19
Round 1: Deadline 15 Sep, 2018. Interviews for R1 from Oct 1 to Nov 7, 2018.
Round 2: Deadline 15 Dec, 2018. Interviews for R2 from Jan 1, 2019 to Feb 7, 2019.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Originally posted by GyanOne on 11 Jun 2018, 06:18.
Last edited by GyanOne on 13 Jun 2018, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Premium Member
Re: ISB app for 2019 intake (Class of 2020) open  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 23:59
Hi !

Is there any option to submit the GMAT score after submitting my application? I had planned to take the GMAT on October 1st, but because of the pre-poned deadlines, I would fall short of preparation time.
Please suggest.
VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 04:59
Top Contributor
catghosh wrote:
Hi !

Is there any option to submit the GMAT score after submitting my application? I had planned to take the GMAT on October 1st, but because of the pre-poned deadlines, I would fall short of preparation time.
Please suggest.

Hi catghosh

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You need to enter your GMAT score in the application itself, so taking it after the deadline is not possible. The following possibilities thus exist:
- You can take the GMAT on the last possible day (Sep 15 for R1), and submit the scores.
- You can instead take the GMAT as you have planned, and apply in Round 2. Please also go through this article

Intern
Intern
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 08:04
GyanOne wrote:
catghosh wrote:
Hi !

Please suggest.

Hi catghosh

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You need to enter your GMAT score in the application itself, so taking it after the deadline is not possible. The following possibilities thus exist:
- You can take the GMAT on the last possible day (Sep 15 for R1), and submit the scores.
- You can instead take the GMAT as you have planned, and apply in Round 2. Please also go through this article

Hi!
Thanks for your quick response.
I had another query. Are the two essay topics for both R1 and R2 applicants? I mean, if I apply in R2, will my essay topi be the same?
VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 20:33
Top Contributor
catghosh wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
catghosh wrote:
Hi !

Please suggest.

Hi catghosh

Hi!
Thanks for your quick response.
I had another query. Are the two essay topics for both R1 and R2 applicants? I mean, if I apply in R2, will my essay topi be the same?

Yes, the essay topics remain exactly the same for all schools (including ISB) across all admissions cycles in any given year.

Intern
Intern
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 02:01
GyanOne wrote:
catghosh wrote:
Hi !

Please suggest.

Hi catghosh

If I do take the GMAT on 15th of September and submit the application on the 15th, could you tell me the guidelines of submitting the recommendation? I mean, I have requested a senior colleague to submit the recommendation, but if i submit the application on the 15th sept, I will have to plan accordingly.
VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 03:18
Top Contributor
You have over 3 months to ask your recommender to complete the recommendation, and this is more than enough time. The recommendation itself is a short document. Anyone who spends a serious 30-45 minutes should be able to complete most of it, and ISB has deliberately kept the recommendation this way to reduce the effort required by recommenders.

In terms of the timeline for submission, although your recommendation can follow 2-3 days post the deadline, and in some extreme cases, even a week, your recommender is not doing you a favor by making you wait that long. Try and ensure that the recommendation is submitted before the deadline. When it is submitted, ISB sends you a separate email/updates your app, so you know that it has been submitted.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2018, 00:34
ISB has released its MBA essays for this year and the application deadline for Round 1 has been set for September 15.
ISB focuses on students with good academic credentials, clarity of thoughts in regard to their career and aspirations and candidates who have demonstrated leadership skills. Your ISB essays should focus on why you stand out as a candidate and your unique value proposition. ISB puts lots of emphasis on class diversity and therefore it becomes even more important to highlight your unique attributes in the application.

ISB application has two mandatory essays

Essay1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same? (400 words max)

The essay highlights the diversity factor that is very important to ISB. The essay should tell your unique story and how you bring in inimitable set of experiences and values that make you an ideal ISB candidate. You can also focus on highlighting your traits that resonate well with the ISB culture.

Essay #2

Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB's PGP can help you in achieving your goals? (300 words max)

ISB wants candidates who demonstrate clarity of thought and who have taken a structured approach towards building their careers. This essay provides the opportunity for you to present to the ADCOM why MBA is the next important and logical step for you by presenting your career story and the decisions that went into shaping it.

Now is a good time to start working on your application and essays, especially if you are interested to apply to multiple business schools.
We at “BeyondtheGMAT” provide a free evaluation of your profile and guide you in selecting your target business schools. We help you shape an all-rounded application that resonates well with the adcoms at each B school.
Connect with us through call or WhatsApp @+91-7022839859

Team BeyondtheGMAT
Email: beyondthegmat@gmail.com

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 07:08
Hi All,

I got a score of 680 ( Q50, V32) in my GMAT. I am now looking forward to some help in my admissions. Here is the brief of my experience and I am targeting only top Indian B Schools.

1. Experience of 9 years and 4 Months ( 112 months) by 31st March 2019.
2. 3 Years in Cognizant and rest all in Accenture ( Till present)
3. Entire Experience in Life Sciences Domain, servicing top global pharma clients.
4. Have an Onsite Experience of 3 months in France ( Lyon)
5. Currently Managing the entire Project Delivery with a 15 member team.
6. My Secondary profession is photography ( Serious Photography) With over 200 clients in last 5 years.
7. 10th %age: 87.8 ; 12th %age: 82 ; BE %age : 67.8'
8. PRINCE 2 Foundation & Practitioner Certified Professional.

Tx,
Anush
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 23:21
Hi,
I applied to ISB in the year 2016. Now, I will apply again this year in 2018(after a gap of 1 admission cycle in between).
Will I be considered a reapplicant and I have to write the optional essay.
Or will I be considered a first time applicant?

Regards
Paramveer
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 23:37
powarparamveer wrote:
Hi,
I applied to ISB in the year 2016. Now, I will apply again this year in 2018(after a gap of 1 admission cycle in between).
Will I be considered a reapplicant and I have to write the optional essay.
Or will I be considered a first time applicant?

Regards
Paramveer
I think you’ll still be considered a re-applicant .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
WE: Marketing (Education)

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 00:11
catghosh wrote:
Hi !

Please suggest.

Hey,

ISB has extended the GMAT scores timeline till OCT 15. However, the application needs to be submitted by SEPT 15.

See the application form, or write to them for details
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2018, 06:37
Hi,

Can you please help by posting the questions for the recommender. My evaluator is traveling and hence not able to access is mails. Will help if you can share the same.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 01:43
Hi!

I am an alumnus of IIM Bangalore. PM me for guidance on SOP preparation/review, interview preparation/mock interviews.

Regards,
Tridisha

Posted from my mobile device

Tridisha, IIM Bangalore

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB app for 2019 intake (Class of 2020) open &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2018, 01:43

ISB app for 2019 intake (Class of 2020) open

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap