Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ISB aspirants - Ask Apphelp [#permalink]
Hi Apphelp,

Requesting you to evaluate my profile.
Engineering - 65% (Information Technology - Pune University)
Working with an IT company as Project Manager for past 2.5 years, which is my overall experience. I worked on both Product org and Services org.
I am a Certified Scrum Master and hoping to complete PMP this year.
GMAT - 680
I am targeting September 2016 batch.

Pls. let me know if my profile is suited to ISB.

Thanks,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
ankursawant wrote:
Hi Apphelp,

Requesting you to evaluate my profile.
Engineering - 65% (Information Technology - Pune University)
Working with an IT company as Project Manager for past 2.5 years, which is my overall experience. I worked on both Product org and Services org.
I am a Certified Scrum Master and hoping to complete PMP this year.
GMAT - 680
I am targeting September 2016 batch.

Pls. let me know if my profile is suited to ISB.

Thanks,

Hi Ankur,

Honestly, you will have to work hard on few fronts.
Firstly, 680 on GMAT is low for a typical IT profile. So, focus on retaking GMAT and target a 720+.

Secondly, mostly people start as dev and over time become lead and eventually get into project mgmt and scrum/ PMP kind of stuff. So, you will have to defend how you started with a profile which is typical of person with 4+ years of experience.

Try to get into client interaction and team management as well. Have a couple of significant achievements in these so that you can build up a strong case.

Finally, what do you have in your extra currics. That will also play an important role.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi,

I am looking forward to apply to ISB for the term starting next year. Kindly evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 730 Q49 V41 IR3 AWA5.5
B.Tech Computer Science, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus - CGPA 6.3
XIIth CBSE - 89%
Xth CBSE - 94%

Professional Experience:
14 Months in EMC Consulting, worked on providing platform services for customers who bought EMC big data suite.
Also worked on 2 public sector health care projects - was awarded the prestigious Gold Award from a task force of 5000 employees in India.
Also freelanced as a BI consultant for Indian Health Action Trust - created a inputs-outcomes model based dashboard to help them monitor their PHCs and SCs. This work attained acclamation from their parent company - BMGF care and is now being implemented across other districts and states. Worked closely with their Strategic and Planning team. Also provided training to them on using and building the dashboards.
Worked on providing PAAS to a telecom in Brazil, a POC which was bought in by the client into a project.

4 months and continuing in Accenture, Capability Network.
Currently working as a Systems Integration Analyst to build a value added platform for the client to enhance their capability of real time monitoring. Got the opportunity to work on site (Manchester, UK) and have been making frequent 3 week long trips since January. - (Could I also sell this a performance acknowledgement/badge?) Work revolves around solutioning the platform and creating the right business value through cost calculations, visualisations etc. Have also been involved with important conversation regarding time estimation and resource allocation etc.

Extra Curricular Activities:
I'm an avid football player and participate in various tournaments in Bangalore. Recently we came runners up in the BITS Alumni tournament and also 3rd in the intra emc tournament. I have also represented the emc football team in a number of tournaments.

Achievements:
Selected for International Student Exchange program to Japan on behalf of CBSE - was a part of the 60 member team that was selected from India.
Was the school head boy in XII
Captained the university football team in various regional and national tournaments
Was the head coordinator for department of sponsorship and marketing, Fest organizing body - we scaled a regional fest to a successful national fest

Regards,
Nikhil
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ISB application portal for 2016-17 session is open and essay questions are out now.

Visit: https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Hyderabad- ... dlines.htm for essay questions

Interestingly, ISB has also moved the deadlines. ISB R1 deadline is 15 Oct 2015 and R2 deadline is 5 Jan 2016.

Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi,

I am looking forward to apply to ISB for the term starting next year. Kindly evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 730 Q49 V41 IR3 AWA5.5
B.Tech Computer Science, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus - CGPA 6.3
XIIth CBSE - 89%
Xth CBSE - 94%

Professional Experience:
14 Months in EMC Consulting, worked on providing platform services for customers who bought EMC big data suite.
Also worked on 2 public sector health care projects - was awarded the prestigious Gold Award from a task force of 5000 employees in India.
Also freelanced as a BI consultant for Indian Health Action Trust - created a inputs-outcomes model based dashboard to help them monitor their PHCs and SCs. This work attained acclamation from their parent company - BMGF care and is now being implemented across other districts and states. Worked closely with their Strategic and Planning team. Also provided training to them on using and building the dashboards.
Worked on providing PAAS to a telecom in Brazil, a POC which was bought in by the client into a project.

4 months and continuing in Accenture, Capability Network.
Currently working as a Systems Integration Analyst to build a value added platform for the client to enhance their capability of real time monitoring. Got the opportunity to work on site (Manchester, UK) and have been making frequent 3 week long trips since January. - (Could I also sell this a performance acknowledgement/badge?) Work revolves around solutioning the platform and creating the right business value through cost calculations, visualisations etc. Have also been involved with important conversation regarding time estimation and resource allocation etc.

Extra Curricular Activities:
I'm an avid football player and participate in various tournaments in Bangalore. Recently we came runners up in the BITS Alumni tournament and also 3rd in the intra emc tournament. I have also represented the emc football team in a number of tournaments.

Achievements:
Selected for International Student Exchange program to Japan on behalf of CBSE - was a part of the 60 member team that was selected from India.
Was the school head boy in XII
Captained the university football team in various regional and national tournaments
Was the head coordinator for department of sponsorship and marketing, Fest organizing body - we scaled a regional fest to a successful national fest

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi Nikhil

Your overall candidature is good. 730 on GMAT is good. BITS pilani is a good brand and will help. In terms of work experience, we see diversity but the challenge is shorter duration of work ex. by Mar 2016 you will have 30 months of work ex and ISB takes few candidates with less than 3 years of experience. So, a lot will depend of how you present your work ex, make it sound less technical and more of problem solving and customer interaction and solutioning. Highlight the international experience. Use your extra currics well. Football and team leadership can make one point. Fest etc doesnt really help as everyone mentions that.

Ideally, we would recommend that you wait for one year and then apply. You will have real good chance then.

Apphelp Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi

Please evaluate my profile for ISB 2016-17 intake

GMAT 670
10th - 87 %
12th 97 %
B.E mechanical from BITS,Pilani (6.9 CGPA)

Work Exp: 7 Years in Supply chain consulting
JDA/I2 technologies -4.5 yrs
Business consultant-Responsible for implementing supply chain solutions using JDA propriety products such as Demand planning/Fulfillment planning etc
Capgemini - 1 Yr
Senior consultant- Worked as a offshore point of contact responsible for creating functional specifications based on Business requirements

Accenture(Current) 1.5 yrs
Team Lead - Leading a team for providing support for a replenishment planning solution for Pharma giant

Have travelled to US on three separate assignments(short term 2.5 months/trip)
Have got Team milestone award for a project with JDA and Good Samaritan award with Accenture.

Extra curricular
Working with NGO called Bhumi where i teach English to underprivileged kids during weekends
Was part of toastmasters club in Chennai- have won 3 best speaker awards
Alumni coordinator for my high school where we collect funds that provide scholarship for deserving students
Drawing-pencil shading/dry pastels
Avid follower of sports.

Thanks
P.Prakash
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi AppHelp,

I am looking forward to apply in ISB for class of 2017. Could you help me in evaluating my profile for the same

GMAT - 710
B.E in Computer Science from Thapar University, Patiala. CGPA 8.5/10

12th - 79%
10th - 84%

Work Ex - 6 years of experience in Telecom Industry.

Thanks,
Ajay
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi

I am looking forward to apply this year. My profile

Class 10th - 83%
Class 12th - 80%

B.Tech - SMVDU J&K (Deemed University AIEEE - CCB)

Mechanical Engg : CGP-7.33

GMAT - 640 (planning for a retake)
Work Ex - Tata Engineering Services (Aerospace and Defence) - 40 months

Clients - Airbus Aviation, Rolls Royce Aviation

Worked as Design Engineer for AIRBUS, A-350 Aircraft Harness Routing and Bracket Designing.
Machine Drawing Creation for AIRBUS Wing Components.
Interaction with German and French Clients.

Presently Working for Rolls-Royce Aero-Engine :-
Responsibiliy - Product Engineer/Quality Reviewer for Engine Externals
Fuel,Oil,Air Pipe Routing.
Electrical Harness Routing
Support Structures Designing/Machine Drawing Creation.

Certifications/Achievements :-

Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Engineer Certified.
Short term course - Operation Management and Supply Chain Management (Wharton - University of Pennsylvania)
Rated among top 10% employees 2014-15

Extra Curicular :-

One of the Founding Members of NSS Flagship NGO - Vikalp
Working for Civic Body NGO in Bangalore - Janbalagrah
Various Academic Certificates - School/College
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
prakash2503 wrote:
Hi

Please evaluate my profile for ISB 2016-17 intake

GMAT 670
10th - 87 %
12th 97 %
B.E mechanical from BITS,Pilani (6.9 CGPA)

Work Exp: 7 Years in Supply chain consulting
JDA/I2 technologies -4.5 yrs
Business consultant-Responsible for implementing supply chain solutions using JDA propriety products such as Demand planning/Fulfillment planning etc
Capgemini - 1 Yr
Senior consultant- Worked as a offshore point of contact responsible for creating functional specifications based on Business requirements

Accenture(Current) 1.5 yrs
Team Lead - Leading a team for providing support for a replenishment planning solution for Pharma giant

Have travelled to US on three separate assignments(short term 2.5 months/trip)
Have got Team milestone award for a project with JDA and Good Samaritan award with Accenture.

Extra curricular
Working with NGO called Bhumi where i teach English to underprivileged kids during weekends
Was part of toastmasters club in Chennai- have won 3 best speaker awards
Alumni coordinator for my high school where we collect funds that provide scholarship for deserving students
Drawing-pencil shading/dry pastels
Avid follower of sports.

Thanks
P.Prakash

Hi Prakash,

Your work ex is good. BITS Pilani is a good brand and limited applicants come from a Supply chain consulting background. Given the boom of ecommerce in India ( almost all ecom giants recruit from ISB and supply chain in an integral part) if you articulate your goals well and link it with your experience, you can build a good case.

International experience will also help but GMAT score is below average. While it is not impossible to get shortlist at 670 but we would recommend that you retake GMAT and improve score ( 700+ or so) so that you dont leave any doubt in mind of adcom.

Given that ISB deadline for R1 is 15 Oct now even if you retake GMAT by Sep 15, you will have 30days for your application.

Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Cadaver wrote:
Hi

I am looking forward to apply this year. My profile

Class 10th - 83%
Class 12th - 80%

B.Tech - SMVDU J&K (Deemed University AIEEE - CCB)

Mechanical Engg : CGP-7.33

GMAT - 640 (planning for a retake)
Work Ex - Tata Engineering Services (Aerospace and Defence) - 40 months

Clients - Airbus Aviation, Rolls Royce Aviation

Worked as Design Engineer for AIRBUS, A-350 Aircraft Harness Routing and Bracket Designing.
Machine Drawing Creation for AIRBUS Wing Components.
Interaction with German and French Clients.

Presently Working for Rolls-Royce Aero-Engine :-
Responsibiliy - Product Engineer/Quality Reviewer for Engine Externals
Fuel,Oil,Air Pipe Routing.
Electrical Harness Routing
Support Structures Designing/Machine Drawing Creation.

Certifications/Achievements :-

Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Engineer Certified.
Short term course - Operation Management and Supply Chain Management (Wharton - University of Pennsylvania)
Rated among top 10% employees 2014-15

Extra Curicular :-

One of the Founding Members of NSS Flagship NGO - Vikalp
Working for Civic Body NGO in Bangalore - Janbalagrah
Various Academic Certificates - School/College

Your profile is good but GMAT score is way below average. Given that you are already planning to retake it, lets connect again once you are done.

Also, ensure that you dont highlight just the technical aspects of your job. Given that you are a design engineer, drawing, routing etc will be core but adcom will not appreciate these. Focus on highlighting your supply chain and ops understanding, client interaction and team lead experience ( if any).

Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
ajaysharma003 wrote:
Hi AppHelp,

I am looking forward to apply in ISB for class of 2017. Could you help me in evaluating my profile for the same

GMAT - 710
B.E in Computer Science from Thapar University, Patiala. CGPA 8.5/10

12th - 79%
10th - 84%

Work Ex - 6 years of experience in Telecom Industry.

Thanks,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Pls share your resume or details about your work ex and extra currics for us to understand your profile better.

Thanks
Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
ISB info sessions calendar for upcoming sessions in Kolkata, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mohali. ( details available at: https://www.isb.edu/events/admission-events)

Kolkata
August 09, 2015 | Sun | 11:00 Taj Bengal Hotel, 34-B Belvedere Road, Alipore, Kolkata, India, 700 027

Mumbai
August 16, 2015 | Sun Grand Central Hotel, ITC Grand Central,287, Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Mumbai, India, 400012

Pune
August 23, 2015 | Sun | 11:00 Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond Hotel, 11 Koregaon Road, Pune, India, 411 001

Hyderabad
September 06, 2015 | Sun | 11:00 Hyderabad Campus, Khemkha Auditorium, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, India, 500032

Mumbai
October 18, 2015 | Sun Grand Central Hotel, ITC Grand Central, 287, Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Mumbai, India, 400012

Gurgaon
October 25, 2015 | Sun The Westin Gurgaon, Number 1, MG Road, Sector 29, New Delhi NCR, Gurgaon, Haryana, Gurgaon, India, 122002

Bangalore
November 01, 2015 | Sun | 11:00 ITC Windsor Hotel, ITC Windsor, 25 Windsor Square, Bangalore, India, 560052

Mohali
November 29, 2015 | Sun | 11:00 Mohali Campus, Knowledge City, Sector - 81, Mohali, India, 140306

Hyderabad
December 13, 2015 | Sun | 11:00 Hyderabad Campus, Khemkha Auditorium, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, India, 500032
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Apphelp Team,
I recently gave my Gmat and scored a low 680(Q-49,V-32,IR-3,AWA-5). This was my second attempt.
I have a total 5.5 years of experience in IT services, mainly in banking and financial domain. I did Btech in Elect & Telecomm and scored 8.19. I have served multiple roles during my short career(Developer, Sr Developer, Team Lead).
I have been strong at Curricular activities (Runners up at Dist level Badminton, Winner in University level Badminton including singles/Mixed doubles/Doubles, Won many atheletic events) I have also been active in Debates/Mad ad/Dramatics.
I have mainly worked with TCS(TCS is placed among the ‘Big 4’ most valuable IT services brands worldwide) ,for close to 4 years, and COGNIZANT, which is my current organisation. I take pride in working for major Banking projects with prestigious clients such as Morgan Stanley,Barclays,Citibank.
With 5.5 years of technical skills behind me, I would now like to focus on other aspects of business so that I have a better exposure to business-related topics that is normally not included in the regular engineering studies.. An mba will add missing skills to my profile, enhance my presentation skills, and give me a huge opportunity to hone my networking skills while interacting with the diverse crowd. I wish to continue in the financial domain(A bit of domain knowledge does help), although strategy planning seems very intresting.
I plan to apply to ISB/Georgetown/Rotterdam/Rotman/Insead(Singapore). Can someone evaluate my chances?
What schools should I focus more?

Thanks,
Souvilibra
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Hi,

I am Kunal and I am planning to apply to ISB this year. Request to review my profile and let me know strengths/weaknesses to focus upon in my application.

GMAT Score: 640 (Q48, V29), IR 6, AWA 5.5
I know my GMAT is way below the required standards of ISB but this is the fact here! Planning to retake on Sept 28 but don't know how much I can improve (average say 30-40 points....).
Education: X, XII from Delhi (~80%), B.Tech in Electronics & Comm from GGSIPU (77%), MBA from Tier-II B-School in Finance (~71%)
Additional certifications/courses: FRM and CFA charterholder

Work Experience: Close to 6 years of experience post MBA, all into financial services industry. I have quite varied experience to show case here as I have worked on legal side of PE industry, moved on to credit ratings and did fixed income research as well on buy side. Have worked on different sectors like Thermal Power, Auto and auto ancillary. Recently working on Renewables sector. One strength which I would like to showcase is exposure to multi varied sectors and understanding of the businesses. I have worked in different markets as well (Europe).

Referrals: I have some strong referrals like Portfolio Manager in one of the top 10 funds worldwide, CEO of a PE fund etc.
Extra-curriculars: I don't have anything substantial here except 2 or 3 small things. One is long-distance marathon running (have been participating in 3-4 half marathons since last 2-3 years). Couple of appreciation certificates during corporate experience for best client relationship management.

Reason for 2nd MBA: Enhanced visibility in India (or possibly Asian markets like Singapore and HK), Looking for an association with a strong brand name like ISB.

Post MBA plans: To probably move into Strategy roles (with a taste of Finance in it). Probably into one of the sectors in which I have already worked. But again open as of yet.

Request all the experts to provide some views on the same, as in how can I enhance my chances of getting through.

Thanks.

Best regards
Kunal Arora
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
souvilibra wrote:
Hi Apphelp Team,
I recently gave my Gmat and scored a low 680(Q-49,V-32,IR-3,AWA-5). This was my second attempt.
I have a total 5.5 years of experience in IT services, mainly in banking and financial domain. I did Btech in Elect & Telecomm and scored 8.19. I have served multiple roles during my short career(Developer, Sr Developer, Team Lead).
I have been strong at Curricular activities (Runners up at Dist level Badminton, Winner in University level Badminton including singles/Mixed doubles/Doubles, Won many atheletic events) I have also been active in Debates/Mad ad/Dramatics.
I have mainly worked with TCS(TCS is placed among the ‘Big 4’ most valuable IT services brands worldwide) ,for close to 4 years, and COGNIZANT, which is my current organisation. I take pride in working for major Banking projects with prestigious clients such as Morgan Stanley,Barclays,Citibank.
With 5.5 years of technical skills behind me, I would now like to focus on other aspects of business so that I have a better exposure to business-related topics that is normally not included in the regular engineering studies.. An mba will add missing skills to my profile, enhance my presentation skills, and give me a huge opportunity to hone my networking skills while interacting with the diverse crowd. I wish to continue in the financial domain(A bit of domain knowledge does help), although strategy planning seems very intresting.
I plan to apply to ISB/Georgetown/Rotterdam/Rotman/Insead(Singapore). Can someone evaluate my chances?
What schools should I focus more?

Thanks,
Souvilibra

Hi Souvilibra,

Honestly, you will find it difficult but build a case for ISB. 680 for an applicant with an IT profile will make things tough. Your extra currics may help. It is not impossible to get an interview cal but it will surely be tough.

INSEAD will be almost next to impossible. They like diversity in profile and focus on international exposure. Georgetown, Rotterdam and Rotman will be achievable. If you want to move into finance target a 2 year program in US. Consider Kenan Flagler, Fisher Ohio and Kelley are some options.

Feel free to contact us for detailed discussion on profile and schools.

Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
kunalarora23 wrote:
Hi,

I am Kunal and I am planning to apply to ISB this year. Request to review my profile and let me know strengths/weaknesses to focus upon in my application.

I know my GMAT is way below the required standards of ISB but this is the fact here! Planning to retake on Sept 28 but don't know how much I can improve (average say 30-40 points....).
Education: X, XII from Delhi (~80%), B.Tech in Electronics & Comm from GGSIPU (77%), MBA from Tier-II B-School in Finance (~71%)

Work Experience: Close to 6 years of experience post MBA, all into financial services industry. I have quite varied experience to show case here as I have worked on legal side of PE industry, moved on to credit ratings and did fixed income research as well on buy side. Have worked on different sectors like Thermal Power, Auto and auto ancillary. Recently working on Renewables sector. One strength which I would like to showcase is exposure to multi varied sectors and understanding of the businesses. I have worked in different markets as well (Europe).

Referrals: I have some strong referrals like Portfolio Manager in one of the top 10 funds worldwide, CEO of a PE fund etc.
Extra-curriculars: I don't have anything substantial here except 2 or 3 small things. One is long-distance marathon running (have been participating in 3-4 half marathons since last 2-3 years). Couple of appreciation certificates during corporate experience for best client relationship management.

Reason for 2nd MBA: Enhanced visibility in India (or possibly Asian markets like Singapore and HK), Looking for an association with a strong brand name like ISB.

Post MBA plans: To probably move into Strategy roles (with a taste of Finance in it). Probably into one of the sectors in which I have already worked. But again open as of yet.

Request all the experts to provide some views on the same, as in how can I enhance my chances of getting through.

Thanks.

Best regards
Kunal Arora

Kunal,

We see two challenges.
Firstly, your GMAT score is weak. Though we really like the diversity of your work experience but still 640 can hamper your chances.

Secondly, ISB may not be the best school for career in finance. Consider the following ( check their placement stats in the link provided)

NUS https://www.apphelp.co.in/NUS-Singapore- ... -Tips.html
HKUST https://www.apphelp.co.in/HKUST-Hong-Kon ... -Tips.html
HEC https://www.apphelp.co.in/HEC-Paris-Clas ... n-Tips.htm
Said https://www.apphelp.co.in/Oxford-Said-Cl ... n-Tips.htm
Judge https://www.apphelp.co.in/Cambridge-Judg ... n-Tips.htm

While your GMAT score can still be a challenge for these as well but these schools are keen on 6+ years of experience and may be fine with lower GMAT score.

Feel free to contact us anytime to discuss.

Apphelp Team
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Apphelp wrote:
kunalarora23 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Best regards
Kunal Arora

Kunal,

We see two challenges.
Firstly, your GMAT score is weak. Though we really like the diversity of your work experience but still 640 can hamper your chances.

Secondly, ISB may not be the best school for career in finance. Consider the following ( check their placement stats in the link provided)

NUS https://www.apphelp.co.in/NUS-Singapore- ... -Tips.html
HKUST https://www.apphelp.co.in/HKUST-Hong-Kon ... -Tips.html
HEC https://www.apphelp.co.in/HEC-Paris-Clas ... n-Tips.htm
Said https://www.apphelp.co.in/Oxford-Said-Cl ... n-Tips.htm
Judge https://www.apphelp.co.in/Cambridge-Judg ... n-Tips.htm

While your GMAT score can still be a challenge for these as well but these schools are keen on 6+ years of experience and may be fine with lower GMAT score.

Feel free to contact us anytime to discuss.

Apphelp Team

Hey, thanks for replying.

I know my GMAT score could be a challenge. Sitting for second attempt on 28th Sept, so more clarity on the same will come in 2 weeks time.

On ISB being a right fit for me (or not), the main reason is I am looking for MBA/Masters of 1 year duration only. As I already have done my MBA, would not like to spend 2 more years going through the same course contents again. So, NUS and HKUST may not fit the bill. Second, I am looking for a university with good acceptability within India/Asia so not sure how Judge and Said rate in this regard (had a call with couple of alums and they were not very positive regarding this issue). Third, for HEC I feel I have more than required experience for their batch! I am just thinking out loud here. May be you can help.

Just FYI, I am also planning to apply to LBS (MiF), INSEAD (MBA) and Rotman (MBA) in the same order of priority. Will surely go through the links shared by you above and see if anything interesting comes up.

Best regards
Kunal Arora
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts