Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:12 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  307   
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
ameyaprabhu wrote:
GyanOne and MBADecoder Can please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be an ideal score for me For ISB.

Also, assuming I get aroung 670-700, what are the other colleges I can aim at?

ameyaprabhu wrote:
Aiming for the 2017 - 2018 batch at ISB. Can someone guide me on what would be an ideal score:

Profile:

Indian, 26 yo male

What would be an ideal score for me?

Hi ameyaprabhu,

I come from advertising myself, so its exciting to see your profile.

Generally I tell applicants to aim for a 700+ score, but because of your distinct profile, I'd advise you to go ahead and apply even if your score is lower. I had helped a career changer (IT to healthcare) apply successfully to ISB last year, with a 660 GMAT, so anything is possible if you submit a great app.

I think IIMC and IIMB will be good choices. I'd suggest you do some research- if you want to move over to the client side, which are the colleges which have your target companies coming on campus? With effective networking, you could still find the the role that you want with these companies. Look at employment stats and talk to current students/ recent alums. Linked In is a great place to start your search. Also, most colleges are on the road right now, organizing info sessions in metros and doing webinars. Register yourself on their websites for these.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Thanks MBADecoder.

I thought IIMB and C only consider applicants above 7 years of work ex. Will need to do some more research I guess.

MBADecoder wrote:
ameyaprabhu wrote:
GyanOne and MBADecoder Can please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be an ideal score for me For ISB.

Also, assuming I get aroung 670-700, what are the other colleges I can aim at?

ameyaprabhu wrote:
Aiming for the 2017 - 2018 batch at ISB. Can someone guide me on what would be an ideal score:

Profile:

Indian, 26 yo male

What would be an ideal score for me?

Hi ameyaprabhu,

I come from advertising myself, so its exciting to see your profile.

Generally I tell applicants to aim for a 700+ score, but because of your distinct profile, I'd advise you to go ahead and apply even if your score is lower. I had helped a career changer (IT to healthcare) apply successfully to ISB last year, with a 660 GMAT, so anything is possible if you submit a great app.

I think IIMC and IIMB will be good choices. I'd suggest you do some research- if you want to move over to the client side, which are the colleges which have your target companies coming on campus? With effective networking, you could still find the the role that you want with these companies. Look at employment stats and talk to current students/ recent alums. Linked In is a great place to start your search. Also, most colleges are on the road right now, organizing info sessions in metros and doing webinars. Register yourself on their websites for these.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
ameyaprabhu wrote:
Thanks MBADecoder.

I thought IIMB and C only consider applicants above 7 years of work ex. Will need to do some more research I guess.

IIMB- 4 -12 years
IIMC - 5 Years on March 31st, the year you join
IIMA - 27 years of age on March 31st, the year you join
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi ,

Request you to review my profile and let me know the colleges i can aim for in India/abroad for 2017 batch and GMAT score needed for same:

Education:
10th: 75.4% (ICSE)
12th: 77.4% (ISCE)
Graduation: 70.35% ,Btech Computer science (Degree from JNTU Hyderbad)

Work Ex:

Will be completing 6 years of IT work-ex on September 4 2016. Working in a Indian Major IT Mnc.
Have 1 year of onsite work experience, and was single point of contact for my technology team.

extra curricular:

State level basketball player( schools state and under 18)
Participated in many athletic events at inter school.
Basketball team captain in school/college and represent my current employers team in Delhi-NCR area.
Member of student committee in college.

Also,can you suggest by when should i be over with my GMAT exam so that i have decent chance of converting a call to colleges.

Thanks
Srikanth
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
ksrikanthchetty wrote:
Hi ,

Request you to review my profile and let me know the colleges i can aim for in India/abroad for 2017 batch and GMAT score needed for same:

Education:
10th: 75.4% (ICSE)
12th: 77.4% (ISCE)
Graduation: 70.35% ,Btech Computer science (Degree from JNTU Hyderbad)

Work Ex:

Will be completing 6 years of IT work-ex on September 4 2016. Working in a Indian Major IT Mnc.
Have 1 year of onsite work experience, and was single point of contact for my technology team.

extra curricular:

State level basketball player( schools state and under 18)
Participated in many athletic events at inter school.
Basketball team captain in school/college and represent my current employers team in Delhi-NCR area.
Member of student committee in college.

Also,can you suggest by when should i be over with my GMAT exam so that i have decent chance of converting a call to colleges.

Thanks
Srikanth

Hi Srikanth,

For the Indian IT applicants, their admission chances depend largely on how well they are able to market and differentiate themselves in an over-subscribed applicant pool.
You should be able to come up with a storyline that demonstrates strong leadership, career progression and a clear sense of where you are headed after the MBA and why do you need an MBA at all to get there. This strategy will pay dividends at every b-school where you apply.

Your sports related activities are good and give you a chance to show leadership outside the work space. DO you also have any community involvements?

For a person with your background, a 700+ GMAT score is almost a necessity, although people do get in with lower scores as well. Here's an article that addresses this. Keep in mind the deadlines for taking GMAT. R1 deadlines start September onwards (for foreign b-schools) and R2 starts in January 2018. The IIM executive programs have their deadlines between August end to November.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Everyone, we have a live profile evaluation session being conducted by Class of 2018 admits(EEO), it will be held in Bangalore and Mumbai this weekend.

Details : Venue for Bangalore : CCD, Orion Mall
Date : 16th July Time : 3-6 PM

Venue for Mumbai : CCD, Phoenix Marketcity Kurla
Date : 17th July Time : 3-6 PM

8951496374 for Mumbai

Register before Saturday Noon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.25
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB/NTU/NUS/SMU.

Age-26
GMAT Score- 680 (50/31)
 Work Experience- 37 Months till now (Manufacturing Industry)
-Polyplex Thailand Public Company Limited
Duration- 25 Months and continuing
Location- Thailand

• Polyplex Europa
Duration- 6 months
Location- Turkey

• Polyplex Corporation Limited
Duration- 6 Months
Location- Noida, India

 Graduation – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar
CGPA – 8.15/10 (Mechanical Engineering)
Internship – Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA

 12th Board- 88%
 10th Board- 93% (Merit Holder)

Job Profile – I am the youngest person in the company to have been hired at the post of Manager in the company’s history of 30+ years.
Polyplex Group of the 4th Largest manufacturer of Polyester Film in the world with locations in India, Turkey, Thailand and USA

Operational Analyst
For 2 years, I have been working under Head-Operations (General Manager) of company as operational Analyst. In this profile, my work catered to the data analysis on various aspects for the plant improvement; I have been involved in high decision making body for the turn-around of the company. I was completely responsible for CAPEX proposal, MIS Generation. One of my proposals accepted by top management resulted in saving of USD 1 million. I got a fair exposure of general management of the company including the financial aspects.

Process Manager
Looking into the good performance, I have been shifted to the core operations as process Manager, responsible to handle a team of 40 members of local community (Thai Nationals). I am responsible for all process related trouble shooting and all new product development related activities.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
shubham12123 wrote:
Dear All,

Hi Shubham,

Everything else being great in your profile, is there a chance to retake the GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.25
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
shubham12123 wrote:
Dear All,

Hi Shubham,

Everything else being great in your profile, is there a chance to retake the GMAT?

I am reluctant to give another GMAT due to time constraint issue :roll:

What are my chances for ISB/NUS/NTU ?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
shubham12123 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
shubham12123 wrote:
Dear All,

Hi Shubham,

I am reluctant to give another GMAT due to time constraint issue :roll:

What are my chances for ISB/NUS/NTU ?

Actually time is not a constraint- you can take GMAT now and apply in R2. NUS has a rolling deadline which carries on until Jan 31st. It would be great if you can retake the GMAT.
If not apply to NUS within the first month of application opening in October and in R1 to other two schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile -
GMAT - Q50 V32 (690)
Work ex. - 2 years of work ex. (by nov 2016) in Mu sigma in pharma and banking domain. Was awarded for exemplary work in a project and for helping out a new team
Will be promoted as Decision Scientist this year
Graduation - B.E. computer science from Medi-caps institute of technology and management, RGPV university
CGPA -7.45
12th - 86%
10th- 88.6%

Extracurricular -
Founder and Vice captain of girls Kho-Kho team in college in year 2012
Organized ROBOTICS competition “Nexus World Challenge” by IIT Bombay held in M.I.T.M in 2012
Hosted dace events in college fest

Achievements
Secured 2nd position in Kho-Kho inter college nodal and got selected for state team representing R.G.P.V University in year 2012
National Kho-Kho player- represented Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by C.B.S.E, New Delhi.
Zone toppers and Inter School winners for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by Sahodaya group of C.B.S.E schools

Questions -
I am targeting following schools -ISB, NUS, Nantyang technical university with ISB as my first preference. Should I re-write the GMAT?
How tough it will be to get through ISB at this profile?
If I plan to re-write within a month do I have sufficient time to apply in Round 1 ?

Originally posted by Parnika on 20 Jul 2016, 00:00.
Last edited by Parnika on 23 Jul 2016, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Parnika wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile -
GMAT - Q50 V32
Work ex. - 2 years of work ex. (by nov 2016) in Mu sigma in pharma and banking domain. Was awarded for exemplary work in a project and for helping out a new team
Will be promoted as Decision Scientist this year
Graduation - B.E. computer science from Medi-caps institute of technology and management, RGPV university
CGPA -7.45
12th - 86%
10th- 88.6%

Extracurricular -
Founder and Vice captain of girls Kho-Kho team in college in year 2012
Organized ROBOTICS competition “Nexus World Challenge” by IIT Bombay held in M.I.T.M in 2012
Hosted dace events in college fest

Achievements
Secured 2nd position in Kho-Kho inter college nodal and got selected for state team representing R.G.P.V University in year 2012
National Kho-Kho player- represented Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by C.B.S.E, New Delhi.
Zone toppers and Inter School winners for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by Sahodaya group of C.B.S.E schools

Questions -
I am targeting following schools -ISB, NUS, Nantyang technical university with ISB as my first preference. Should I re-write the GMAT?
How tough it will be to get through ISB at this profile?
If I plan to re-write within a month do I have sufficient time to apply in Round 1 ?

What is your composite GMAT score? It points to 670 on a GMAT calculator tool. I'd agree that you should go ahead and retake GMAT. Your WE is low and the GMAT is also low- two weak points will not help much.

It doesn't really matter if you don't apply in R1. B-schools care about a strong application, and that includes a better GMAT score than your current one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB.

Academics:
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (8.17 CGPA) from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
12th- 69%
GMAT: 660

Work Experience:
After graduating, I got a placement into Tata Consultancy Services and worked for 2.5 years (Outstanding contributor award, Employee of the quarter, Client appreciation award etc). I was exposed to multi cultural work ambience and was the youngest SME(Subject matter expert) on Data warehousing/Business Intelligence.

But my natural propensity was towards entrepreneurship and after taking some loan and personal savings, opened my own firm in eastern part of India which deals in manufacturing electronic spare parts and trading Public address electronic equipments, slowly but steadily, I worked my heart out and nurtured this baby whose age is 5.5 years now, and now my baby's annual turn over is over 7 million USD (more than 40 Crores INR). I, currently employee more than 25 people (and this was my dream "providing employment" rather than "being employed").

In this journey, I have several stories of both hardship (Example : not sleeping over 36 hours straight to deliver my first tender contract and how I did those things with limited avenues) and sweet success.

Total work exp: 8 years

Short term goal: Take my firm from "regional status" to "national status" in terms of sales and revenue generated.

Long term goal: Provide employement to 100 people by expanding my business not only in trading electronic equipments but also in logistics area where I have good ground level knowledge.( providing efficient Supply chain and logistics solutions to companies)
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
FightToSurvive wrote:
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB.

Academics:
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (8.17 CGPA) from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
12th- 69%
GMAT: 660

Work Experience:
After graduating, I got a placement into Tata Consultancy Services and worked for 2.5 years (Outstanding contributor award, Employee of the quarter, Client appreciation award etc). I was exposed to multi cultural work ambience and was the youngest SME(Subject matter expert) on Data warehousing/Business Intelligence.

But my natural propensity was towards entrepreneurship and after taking some loan and personal savings, opened my own firm in eastern part of India which deals in manufacturing electronic spare parts and trading Public address electronic equipments, slowly but steadily, I worked my heart out and nurtured this baby whose age is 5.5 years now, and now my baby's annual turn over is over 7 million USD (more than 40 Crores INR). I, currently employee more than 25 people (and this was my dream "providing employment" rather than "being employed").

In this journey, I have several stories of both hardship (Example : not sleeping over 36 hours straight to deliver my first tender contract and how I did those things with limited avenues) and sweet success.

Total work exp: 8 years

Short term goal: Take my firm from "regional status" to "national status" in terms of sales and revenue generated.

Long term goal: Provide employement to 100 people by expanding my business not only in trading electronic equipments but also in logistics area where I have good ground level knowledge.( providing efficient Supply chain and logistics solutions to companies)

Your entrepreneurial experience sounds great. If you can retake the GMAT, it would be fantastic. If not, go ahead and apply with this score. A few words of caution:
1. Explain why you need an MBA and what resources of ISB will be crucial for your future growth.
2. Explain your career vision and career goals well.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Hello All,

I am an ISB 2017-18 aspirant and would like to have a preliminary evaluation of my profile for ISB. Also, if anyone can suggest me which colleges should I apply to in India/US/Europe, it will be very helpful. Thanks!! :)

10th - 94%

12th-88%

B.E - Computer Science and Engineering - 82% Mahrishi Dayanand University, Rohtak

Female/Married

GMAT - 700 (Dec 2015)
Q48
V38
IR 6
AWA 5.5

Work Ex : 6.5 years, as on 31 March 2017

My role requires program management, vendor management as well as automation. It also involves constant interaction with client and articulating their requirements into deliverable( Kind of Business Analyst role). I started as Quality Engineer and have continued in the same line.I have a lead role since past two years, but my designation does not have the word 'lead' in it.

Academically consistent all through school and college. Was among toppers in both of them.

Extra curricular- In school and college, I was into Oration, writing, science symposiums. I won many state and national level prizes at school.

At my workplace I am into publishing paper, product ideation, and CSR. I have also been a mentor to one of the scholars chosen from all over the globe. And currently I am involved in a project with an established NGO. I also have recognitions from my workplace for my work.

Hobbies- Include reading fiction and health related articles, watching movies and volunteering.

Why MBA? - It is my obvious path right now. I love my job and I want to grow in it. I have gained enough experience to see how a product evolves and how each of the stakeholders is impacted by the progress or lack of it. I am creatively inclined (hence, Adobe!!), and want to develop my ideas into products. My short -term career plan is to go into product management and eventually evolve into higher leadership roles.

Originally posted by awallflower on 21 Jul 2016, 23:42.
Last edited by awallflower on 02 Aug 2016, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
awallflower wrote:
Hello All,

I am an ISB 2017-18 aspirant and would like to have a preliminary evaluation of my profile for ISB. Also, if anyone can suggest me which colleges should I apply to in India/US/Europe, it will be very helpful. Thanks!! :)

10th - 94%

12th-88%

B.E - Computer Science and Engineering - 82% Mahrishi Dayanand University, Rohtak

Female/Married

GMAT - 700 (Dec 2015)

Work Ex : 6.5 years, as on 31 March 2017

Currently working in Adobe since last 2 years as a Software Engineer- 2. My role requires program management, vendor management as well as automation. It also involves constant interaction with client and articulating their requirements into deliverable( Kind of Business Analyst role). I started as Quality Engineer and have continued in the same line.I have a lead role since past two years, but my designation does not have the word 'lead' in it.

Academically consistent all through school and college. Was among toppers in both of them.

Extra curricular- In school and college, I was into Oration, writing, science symposiums. I won many state and national level prizes at school.

At my workplace I am into publishing paper, product ideation, and CSR. I have also been a mentor to one of the creativity scholars chosen by Adobe from all over the globe. And currently I am involved in a Pro-Bono project with an established NGO. I also have recognitions from my workplace for my work.

Hobbies- Include reading fiction and health related articles, watching movies and volunteering.

Why MBA? - It is my obvious path right now. I love my job and I want to grow in it. I have gained enough experience to see how a product evolves and how each of the stakeholders is impacted by the progress or lack of it. I am creatively inclined (hence, Adobe!!), and want to develop my ideas into products. My short -term career plan is to go into product management and eventually evolve into higher leadership roles.

Hi,

ISB is an excellent program if you want to get into product management, IIMB EPGP is another one.

Your GMAT is a little low and that can be a challenge applying to the top US colleges. I'd suggest you research colleges ranked 15-40 on Business week rankings for US MBAs- look at the concentrations offered (marketing, technology) and the employment reports.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi There,

Request you to please evaluate my profile:

GMAT - 690 (Q50, V33)
B.E. - Civil Engineering from PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh (CG- 8.1/10, Year 2013)
12th - 79.8%
10th - 90.8%

Big Data Analytics Professional with 3 years of experience.
1) Currently associated with Novartis Healthcare, Hyderabad as an Analyst in Business Analytics Team (Region Europe). My work at Novartis involves providing analytics support to Global Brand Managers & Sales Head at Novartis based out of Europe. I have completed 15 months at Novartis as of now.
2) Prior to Novartis, I worked with Mu-Sigma (fastest growing Decision Sciences/Analytics firm) in Bangalore. At Mu-Sigma, I had worked for two major Clients - Walmart & Microsoft over a span of 21 month. During my last 6 months at Mu-Sigma, I led a team of 6 Analysts working for Bing Ads (Microsoft's Online Advertising platform). I have received few awards for my good work & leadership at Mu-Sigma.

I would be really thankful if you review my profile for ISB, NUS MBA, NTU MBA & NUS MSBA.

Also please suggest if I should retake GMAT for better score (I was expecting 700-710).

Many Thanks for you help here.
Regards, Raman
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  307