Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Johnson Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi ShivExplores,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good. On the work front, your work experience must bring examples of leadership and impact. You will need to speak about the roles and responsibilities you have undertaken and the impact it has brought to the organization. I believe you will be able to provide many interesting stories from your work experience. Your hobbies are interesting, and they will help you add diversity to your apps. As you want to apply for a GMAT waiver, you must have a compelling reason for why you believe you should be granted one. For Johnson, you need to provide a 100-word essay on the same. You will also need to explain the reason for a second MBA and how MBA from Jhonson will help you fill the gaps in your profile. Overall your profile is good, but I’m not able to see any impact now. I would like to know more about your profile to analyze your realistic chances and find out major USPs in your profile which will help you to write your GMAT waiver request letter efficiently. You may want to read an article on how to write a successful GMAT waiver request letter, you will get some insights. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

ShivExplores wrote:
Hi team!

My detailed profile is as followed:
Nationality: Indian
Education: Bachelor of Commerce, MBA(Dual Major: Finance & Marketing)
1. B.Com: I have completed my bachelor's from University of Delhi and was a consistent topper for all six semesters in a class of 300+ students. I was actively involved in many clubs in college and held important positions. I was involved for three years in the Debating Society and was elected as Vice President of Debating society in the last year of my college. In the first year, I was elected as Liasion Officer in Commerce association and was also a student coordinator of the International Conference. (Percentage: 86%, Passout: 2015)
2. MBA: I completed my MBA from a reputed government university in Delhi. It is a dual major in Finance and Marketing. I was in the top 7 -10 percentile of my class(batch size 100). I was actively involved in the PR Club of my college, received a merit cum means scholarship of 60% of total fees. I also recently gave a guest lecture at my Bschool as well. First, one in campus to get placed at KPMG (CGPA: 8.48, Passout:2019)
3. Two internships: One in between B.Com and one in between MBA at government company in Finance & Accounts department.
4. Two years gap in between two education. I had a financial crisis at home, so went back to home town and taught kids tuition.
Work experience: 2.5 years (3 years by May end 2022)
1. KPMG (Deal Advisory & Strategy) 2 years - Joined as BA worked for 1 year and 4 months, got promoted, Senior Analyst for a period of 8 months, Geography served: US
2. PwC (Management Consulting) - associate, 6 months and counting, geography serving: US
Hobbies: Marathon running/ long-distance running, cycling, cooking(North India), public speaking.

Industry of choice post MBA: Management Consulting in US, to have a global career and wider impact.

I am planning to seek a GMAT waiver from Cornell one year MBA and want to know. (May give GMAT also before second round)
what are my chances?
is my profile competitive?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q159 V159
Send PM
Re: Johnson Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi! I was wondering if someone could evaluate my profile.

A medical doctor by background;
Undergrad in India MBBS: 3.92/4.0 - Gold Medallist
Started my career as a medical resident in oncology in Apollo Hospitals in India for 6 months before pursuing a research masters in regenerative medicine.
MSc in University College London - Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine GPA 3.8/4.0
Worked as a research assistant in UCL School of Pharmacy to creating a novel antibiotic for treatment - the antibiotic is currently in phase 2 trials. However, I am no longer involved in this.
During the same master's program, co-founded a spin-off for manufacturing novel urinary catheters and was accepted in an accelerator program. The company is continued by Kings College Medical Students while I remain in a medical consulting role.
Further to this, I was awarded a medical fellowship by the University Hospital Southampton Trust to rotate across Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Respiratory Medicine and Acute Medicine. Was working in the emergency department in the UK when COVID hit. Was a member of the COVID emergency relief team and part of the team to establish guidelines for COVID triage guidelines for the West of England which was later adopted by other hospitals in the surrounding region.
During the same period, passed exams and interviews and gained internal medicine resident (ranked in the top 5% among 3500 candidates) at the University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospitals. As part of the program, I worked across Palliative Care, Acute Medicine, Respiratory Medicine and Transplant Medicine while treating COVID patients during COVID shifts.

The turmoil during the pandemic and my out-of-medicine experiences always drove me to pursue something regarding management to create an impact at scale. So, I have taken a year off from my residency program from Aug 2021 take a break from the hectic schedule and am preparing for GRE at the moment. My mock scores range from 315 to 322 currently and I have 22 days left for the exam.

Meanwhile, I am working as an engagement manager at Impact Consulting and have completed marketing strategy and consulting for a medical devices company.

Given my atypical background and non-existent quantitative math for the last 10 years since I began to pursue medicine, is there a good chance to get admitted into Cornell?

Total work experience: 4 years and 6 months. If I were to include my role at Impact Consulting, it would be a year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all,

Hi! Can you help to evaluate my profile please, thank you in advance!

Nationality: Vietnamese. Age 25.

1. Education
- Bachelor in Business Administration in a well-known University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
- GPA: 3.27/4
- Many interesting real-life projects with startups

2. Work experience: 3.5 years by the time applying. All positions have certain leadership experience.
- 2018 - 2020:2 years working in marketing planning at a multinational tobacco corporation, started as a management trainee and promoted to junior manager. Captured a sale opportunity worth millions during Covid time.
- 2020-2021: 1 year working in product marketing at an international e-commerce startup, the biggest e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia. Initiated a subscription model that applied in 7 countries, awarded as the best initiative in 2020
- 2021 - now: 0.5 years working in sales & marketing in an early-staged international food delivery startup. In charge of big budgets for marketing spending ($ millions).

3. Test score: will ask for a waiver together when submitting my application

4. EC: mostly done during university years. I did my EC in Finland, Hungary, and Greece
- Train and send students to mid-sized startups all over Europe for work experience
- Work at an NGO to educate young people about entrepreneurship in Greece

5. Post-MBA goal
- Short-term: Want to move to venture capital focusing on early-stage startup in Southeast Asia, as my goal is to help as many entrepreneurs to be successful as possible.
- Long-term: to start my only venture capital

Thank you
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi,

Would appreciate your support for profile evaluation-
Nationality- Indian
GMAT- 770
Work Ex - 52months (day of enrollment)
International work ex - 29 months
Industry- oil and gas , epc sector
Position- procurement engineer
Currently spearheading edtech business venture of the company in middle east market.
Certification- SAP MM, SIX SIGNA GREEN BELT, BLACK BELT, PMP(PDU CERTIFICATE ONLY, EXAM IN DEC 2021)
work exp in countries such as nigeria, saudi arabia, dubai etc...
Post mba career - consulting (operations/scm)
Long term- to head scm /operations division with amazon or walmart ...
Extra curricular- avg (motorcycle tours,
Community service- not much but have helped indian expat community to get repatriate from saudi to india in the midst of covid ..so there is one interesting instance....
Helped save my boss's life when he was having a heart attack...so
Not the usual ngo kinda exp bt yes do have some ... community impact examples..

Target school-
Top20 US Bschools, here requesting for cornell

Good essays-7/10
LOR- all good as have some interesting stories and have led multiple projects for big clients like aramco , sabic etc...
UG- mechanical engineering , 6.93/10 cgpa - avg University (top 30% in the class)

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Cheers

BR
Sk

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 2]. I’m a reapplicant at Duke, Ross, and, Cornell

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
I want to maximise the chances of my selection. Kindly advise I should apply to which Top 20 US based B-school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Hi! I had applied to Cornell Tech MBA R1 (Class of 2023). Got waitlisted today. Can someone guide on what I can do to improve my chances of getting admitted?

Some highlights of my profile are -

GMAT : 730 (50, 40, 7)

Work-Ex : 6 yrs in Product Management. Started from Business Analyst. Currently at a Sr. PM level.

Companies : Start-ups in India across both B2B and B2C domains. Current company is an unicorn.

Personal Statement :Tied my work-ex in media tech with my goal of working on Blockchain in Media. Nothing exceptional, but could weave a narrative of why MBA and why Cornell Tech

LOR : From my previous manager who was the Co-Founder and CTO of my last company

Extracurriculars : Nothing striking. Have won a few national level quiz competitions while in college. And a couple of stints with local NGOs.

Scope of Profile Improvement : Not much. No new promotion or significant work project expected in the next few months. I doubt a higher GMAT score will help much, given that my score is higher than the average at Cornell Tech. (or might it?) Maybe a LOR from my current manager (who is also the CPO). Anything else that might bolster my chances?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
sdg90 wrote:
Hi! I had applied to Cornell Tech MBA R1 (Class of 2023). Got waitlisted today. Can someone guide on what I can do to improve my chances of getting admitted?

Some highlights of my profile are -

GMAT : 730 (50, 40, 7)

Work-Ex : 6 yrs in Product Management. Started from Business Analyst. Currently at a Sr. PM level.

Companies : Start-ups in India across both B2B and B2C domains. Current company is an unicorn.

Personal Statement :Tied my work-ex in media tech with my goal of working on Blockchain in Media. Nothing exceptional, but could weave a narrative of why MBA and why Cornell Tech

LOR : From my previous manager who was the Co-Founder and CTO of my last company

Extracurriculars : Nothing striking. Have won a few national level quiz competitions while in college. And a couple of stints with local NGOs.

Scope of Profile Improvement : Not much. No new promotion or significant work project expected in the next few months. I doubt a higher GMAT score will help much, given that my score is higher than the average at Cornell Tech. (or might it?) Maybe a LOR from my current manager (who is also the CPO). Anything else that might bolster my chances?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

Damn, that's a good profile. I'm yet to hear the results after my interview on 16th but my hopes are quite dim now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Private Equity)
Send PM
Hi, I got waitlisted at Cornell. Could anyone evaluate my profile and share some insights/to-dos to make my profile stronger:

Indian Male
GMAT: 760 (Q44,V44)
Qualification - Chartered Accountant
And B.Com (CGPA 6.14/7) from Mumbai University
Cleared CFA Level I in June 2019. Haven't been able to appear for L2 in the last 2 years due to 3 covid related cancellations.

Work Experience: ~3 years in Big 4 Audit (1 Fast Track Promotion). Managed teams of 4-5 for close to 2 years.
1.5 years at an IT Major in Corporate Finance. Managed P&L of the largest account in the vertical. Drove cost optimisation plans and account growth strategies with Delivery/Sales Leads.
Financial Modelling of deals (Outsourcing contracts) for RFP/RFIs, negotiations, contract reviews etc
Work closely with internal stakeholders like lawyers, tax experts etc
Built and maintained relationships with senior stakeholders like Account Delivery Heads, Sales Leads, VPs etc.

Working as an Associate in an FP&A/Strat Finance role at a Top Tier Alternative Investment Firm since the last 5 months.
Led initiatives to streamline existing processes and saved man-hours.
Aiding department heads/management in decision making by preparing monthly reports and bridges
Taking initiative and ownership of a $100 million cost line after an abrupt resignation in the team

Extra Curriculars: Slightly weak on this front
Volunteering experience with Big 4 and present org. And a 1 year stint with a local NGO where I mentored students
Enjoy trekking (completed winter treks in Himalayas) and adventure sports like sydiving, scuba, paragliding etc

Goals: IB in the short term considering my finance background. Keen interest especially after working on supporting deals during time at IT Major and looking to explore the front end now. Also working at a major Wall Street PE/Alt Investment Firm has made me keen to explore a career on the street.
Long term - Private Equity

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
I'm asking for an eval for the tech MBA (1 yr) degree at Cornell:

Background and nationality - Indian. Age 23
Undergrad Information - Econ Major from St Xavier's College, Mumbai University; CGPA - 3.45
GMAT- 740; V44 Q47

Work experience and leadership - 2.2 years full time work ex. I have 7 months experience in product marketing at a small home automation/security business and 1.7 years experience as a product analyst for an OTT platform in a big tech company (Jio) that required me to perform many product management duties as well (Platform ownership, sprint planning, project management)
I have additional 6 months work ex being an editor (not a full time role) and some months experience participating in organizing a college festival but doubt that would be relevant.

Post MBA goals - I would like build on my current foundation to pursue product management in the consumer internet industry

Anything else?
I am currently also doing a 7 month Post grad certificate in product management in India and learning the basics of Python (as part of the course)

My primary concern is if my work experience and the quality of it would be a deal breaker - and if not- if I would have limited scholarship opportunity because of it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi, I'm asking for an evaluation for the MBA (1 yr) degree at Cornell. Could anyone evaluate my profile and share some insights/to-dos to make my profile stronger:

India
Male
GMAT: 730 (Q50,V38, AWA5)
Qualification -
MBA from IIM (Marketing)[Ranked 20th in country];
Btech from NIT(Computer Engineering)[Ranked 10th in the country]
And MBA (6.87/10); B.Tech (CGPA 6.23/10)

Work Experience: ~4.5 years in a central government PSU as Assistant Manager Marketing.
Industry - Oil and Gas . (Lubricants to be specific)
Managed teams of 15 for close to 4.5 years.
Responsible for Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Strategy, Supply chain and P&L of the area I was handling. Worked closely with internal and external stakeholders. Part of digital transformation team.
Target achiever. My work is similar to FMCG sales. both B2B and B2C customers

Extra Curriculars: Head of Marketing Club during my MBA.
Executive member of marketing team of TEDx of my college.
Member of marketing team of our fest during my undergrad.
Held several other Position of responsibilities as a student
Founder of a social welfare organization to educate and help under privileged kids

Interests: Caricature and Illustration Artsit.
Am into Dramatics and Mimicry; Theater artist.
Represented college in Cricket team.
I enjoy trekking and adventure sports like sydiving, scuba, paragliding etc

Goals: In the short term considering my marketing background. Keen interest to get into Amazon RLDP
Long term - Director/Top management
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
sid9912 wrote:
Hi, I'm asking for an evaluation for the MBA (1 yr) degree at Cornell. Could anyone evaluate my profile and share some insights/to-dos to make my profile stronger:

India
Male
Qualification -

Work Experience: ~4.5 years in a central government PSU as Assistant Manager Marketing.
Responsible for Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Strategy, Supply chain and P&L of the area I was handling. Worked closely with internal and external stakeholders. Part of digital transformation team.

Founder of a social welfare organization to educate and help under privileged kids

Goals: In the short term considering my marketing background. Keen interest to get into Amazon RLDP

Hi Sid,

Good work experience and goals sound relevant to the experience built so far. Given that you already have an MBA, Cornell's 1 year MBA is a good b-school selection. I am a little concerned about your academic scores though- A 730 GMAT would be considered average for an Indian applicant. Your undergrad and master's GPA are low, and overall, the adcom will not draw a strong image about your academic scores. Consider retaking GMAT and applying with a better score.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sid9912,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your GMAT score is quite good for johnson. I see you've undertaken different roles and responsibilities. You must highlight the factors that demonstrate how you outperformed your peers. Highlight the roles you have taken on and for which you are accountable for maintaining the organization's integrity. I would suggest that you go deeper and show examples of times when you have stepped up to take on leadership roles. This will demonstrate leadership qualities in your application. Your ECs and interests are impressive and demonstrate your leadership abilities. Stories about adventure sports will add diversity to your apps. You may tell the story of how these experiences shaped your personality. Make sure you provide a compelling reason for why you want to get an MBA. You must discuss the gaps in your profile and how an MBA from Johnson would help you fill them and accomplish your goals. Overall, you have a good profile and a chance at Jhonson. However, in order to identify major USPs, I would need to learn more about your work profile. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials

sid9912 wrote:

India
Male
Qualification -

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Would love some evaluation for my future MBA applications! Thanks in advance!

Background and nationality:
White german male

Undergrad information:
MSc and BSc in physics at the same major engineering-focussed german university (RWTH/ TUM/ KIT)
- MSc in Physics (1.5 german / 3.5 US GPA)
- BSc in Physics (1.8 german / 3.2 US GPA)
- Scholar of Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes during the whole studies

GMAT:
not yet done

Work experience and leadership:
Will join a tier 2 strategy consulting firm (Strategy&/ ATKearny/ Oliver Wyman) as an associate this summer.
Previously:
- interned at a Fortune Global 500 (top ten) inhouse consulting firm
- interned at a university in the middle east as a sort of teaching assistant for physics and some engineering (more riding camels than real work)
- interned at a german boutique consulting firm (a few hundred employees)
- student assistant at a Big 4 and some more less relevant

Community and others:
- Secretary and board member at a service club (think of youth organizations from Rotary/ Lions)
- Working group member at a political think tank on transatlantic relations
- Selection committee member at Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- Deputy Chairman of the german conservative party youth organization in my high school town
- Chairman at my student fraternity (mostly fencing stuff and drinking beers)

Post MBA goals:
Stay two more years at my firm (or another firm buys me out of my sponsorship). Afterwards very interested in transition for some years into PE/VC or IBD, also strategy consulting at an MBB. A highly responsible role in corporate strategy/development is the goal in the long term.

Anything else?
Plan to do the GMAT and try to apply as soon as possible to start the MBA after two (or three) years at my firm (to hopefully benefit from the firm's sponsorship).

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Post MBA Objective

* Management Consulting
* Business Operations
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
somubarua13 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3

* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Post MBA Objective

* Management Consulting
* Business Operations

HI somubarua13,

You have achieved quite a lot in your short career and young age. B-schools love to see early signs of leadership and having relevant experience should help you get a few admits if you submit stellar applications. Your internship is not going to be counted in full time work experience , so if you were to apply for next year's intake, your work exp would be just about 3 years, which is ok at most business schools. Its a matter of when is the right time for you to do an MBA. Overall, I like the level of responsibility you have had. During the application, you must back up your achievements with quantified impact to make a solid case for yourself.

You haven't mentioned your choice of b-schools, but this is going to remain an important element. Your GMAT score is average and its not going to help much if you are shooting for the 15-20 top MBA programs. If you can, go ahead and retake with a740+ GMAT as target.

ECAs- I didn't quite get if they are from College life or during work. It sounds like they are all related to the same event- the organizing of some event. If that's the case, i would like to see some diversity here- are there any other activities you are involved in 1. at college, 2. since the time you graduated from college?

Originally posted by MBADecoder on 12 Jun 2023, 09:20.
Last edited by MBADecoder on 13 Jun 2023, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello somubarua13,

Thank you for sharing your profile.

To begin with, a GMAT score of 710 is a strong score that will be competitive for many MBA programs. Your B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from Lovely Professional University is a solid educational foundation and a CGPA of 7.3 demonstrates a good academic performance.

Coming to your work experience, your work experience demonstrates career progression and increasing responsibilities within Board Infinity. Starting as a Program Analyst Intern and advancing to Associate Program Manager and Category Manager shows growth and development. Your current role as a Category Lead - Founder's Office, managing a team of 16 and handling multiple verticals, showcases your leadership abilities and ability to handle complex responsibilities. Your key responsibilities highlight your experience in team leadership, customer strategy, career coaching, profit and loss management, sales collaboration, product launch, strategic partnerships, and business strategy. These responsibilities demonstrate your diverse skill set and your ability to contribute to different aspects of the business.

Your involvement in the Department of Youth Capital and your role in organizing North India's biggest fest, Youthvibe, showcase your leadership and organizational skills outside of your professional experience.

Your goal of pursuing management consulting or business operations aligns well with an MBA degree and your prior experience. It's important to highlight how your current experience and skills will contribute to your post-MBA career goals.

Overall, your profile is strong, with a solid academic background, significant work experience, and demonstrated leadership skills. To further enhance
your application, consider highlighting specific achievements and quantifiable impact in your resume and essays. Additionally, obtaining strong letters of recommendation that highlight your leadership potential and impact will be valuable. We would like to learn more about your profile to analyze your chances better. Please feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us.
We would be more than happy to assist you.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Good luck with your application process!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
MBA and Beyond

somubarua13 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

Post MBA Objective

* Management Consulting
* Business Operations
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts