Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 03:29 It is currently 11 May 2024, 03:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11679 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 1 yr 2017 intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GAURAVROONGTA wrote:
Hi all,

Please let me know if we can realistically app for R2 Kellogg 1 yr 2017 intake or not.i am yet to write GMAT.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Regards
Gaurav

Sent from my InFocus M460 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi GAURAVROONGTA,

Selecting a school and applying to it takes a lot of time and effort.
So before you apply to a school, make sure what you want to do after the MBA.
You should select the school based on various factors such as:

1. Location
2. Target industry
3. Preferred work location

Are you targeting only the 1 year programs?
Your profile can be considered for the program, because you have already done a masters degree and have enough experience.
Still i would recommend you to visit the school website to know more about the eligibility criteria.

Regarding the profile, every individual is different. Although there may be thousands of engineers in India, but each one of them can differentiate themselves in a very good fashion in the application. That is what you need to do too. The experiences and the additional education will help you for sure.

Regarding the GMAT, it is impressive that you have achieved good scores in various exams, but that is not a proxy for your success in GMAT.
GMAT consists of both Verbal and the Quants section, while you may be proficient in one section, but you need to master the other section too to score at such high level.
Have you given mock CATs? If yes, what are your scores in them?

You need to build the concepts/fundamentals before you jump in solving the problems. You can do so by choosing one of the following ways:
1. In person classes/private tutoring
2. Online classes
3. Self paced online preparatory course
4. Book heavy approach

Whatever you choose, make sure that you choose one. Because GMAT tests you on some concepts and fundamentals that you can learn from a course. Most of the preparatory companies including ours offer a free trial of our course. You can take the trial and see if the course suits your needs.

In addition to the preparatory material, buy the Official Guides(both the Official Guide and the Verbal Review), Question Pack 1 and the 4 official mock CATs. They should be an indispensable part of your preparation.

You need close to 3 months to prepare well for the GMAT.
1. Understand the concepts and fundamentals before jumping into problem solving
2. Solve full length CATs including AWA and IR. You can get two free GMAT Prep mock CATs and can purchase two more from mba.com
3. Make sure you solve the official questions from the Official Guide
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11679 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Gaurav,

A score goal of 780 is impractical for a couple of reasons. First, over 99% of Test Takers will never score at that level, regardless of the number of times that they take the GMAT. Second, NO Business School requires a GMAT score that high. This is all meant to say that while you certainly need a competitive GMAT score, you might want to be a bit less extreme about your score goal. All of that having been said, I don't have any suggestions as to which Schools/Programs you should apply to. My advice would be to try to define what exactly you want your MBA to do for you - then research the Schools that match what you're looking for.

Based on what you've described, I'd certainly be interested in hearing how you do on your first CAT, so you should plan to post back here once you've completed it.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot