GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Jan 2020, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2014, 15:07
bb wrote:

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM
Where: GMAT Club Chat

Is this 9 a.m. PST?
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2014, 02:29
Now that Presidents day is over. You guys think they will be moving people off wait list soon?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2014, 08:10
No news as yet guys?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2014, 08:11
TechWithNoExp wrote:
Now that Presidents day is over. You guys think they will be moving people off wait list soon?

Well we have a few dates coming up here: Feb 26th, we have the WL status update & March 6th, R1 deposits are due. That being said, they will trim down the number of WL applicants (I'm assuming the Feb 26 status update will come with some acceptances, rejections, and still waitlist status where you can choose to remain on the list) and the R1 deposits will filter out the R1 acceptances who decided to go somewhere else. That should open up some spots for all of us.

I'm definitely thinking we're looking for a solid uptick in the number of applicants being accepted off the waitlist mid-March. Also keep in mind that the Admissions Committee will definitely review R1 WL applicants against the R2 candidate pool and R2 decisions are March 25th. Again, mid-March is when I would expect a number of us to be informed. Also, one of my contacts was waitlisted R2 and accepted less than 2 weeks later. It's just a mixed bag and we'll see how the cards fall.

Additionally, through another contact I was informed of a few "rough" numbers of last years WL acceptances:

Through Feb: ~10
Through April: ~20
Through July: ~30

Keep in mind these are rough and that the candidate pool changes every year. Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2014, 09:25
kmetzge2 wrote:
TechWithNoExp wrote:

Well we have a few dates coming up here: Feb 26th, we have the WL status update & March 6th, R1 deposits are due. That being said, they will trim down the number of WL applicants (I'm assuming the Feb 26 status update will come with some acceptances, rejections, and still waitlist status where you can choose to remain on the list) and the R1 deposits will filter out the R1 acceptances who decided to go somewhere else. That should open up some spots for all of us.

I'm definitely thinking we're looking for a solid uptick in the number of applicants being accepted off the waitlist mid-March. Also keep in mind that the Admissions Committee will definitely review R1 WL applicants against the R2 candidate pool and R2 decisions are March 25th. Again, mid-March is when I would expect a number of us to be informed. Also, one of my contacts was waitlisted R2 and accepted less than 2 weeks later. It's just a mixed bag and we'll see how the cards fall.

Additionally, through another contact I was informed of a few "rough" numbers of last years WL acceptances:

Keep in mind these are rough and that the candidate pool changes every year. Good luck!

Awesome!! thanks! fingers crossed. Best wishes to everyone
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2014, 02:02
kmetzge2 wrote:
TechWithNoExp wrote:

I agree with most of what you said except that I doubt the Admissions Committee will hand out acceptances on Feb 26th. They will probably only deny people who have misbehaved on the Wait list aka bothered them to much. I feel that they will be waiting until the deposit deadline but I have no source to base this claim on. I am just asking myself why would they admit students if the others still have a week to pay the deposits.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2014, 11:04
TechWithNoExp wrote:
kmetzge2 wrote:
TechWithNoExp wrote:

I agree with most of what you said except that I doubt the Admissions Committee will hand out acceptances on Feb 26th. They will probably only deny people who have misbehaved on the Wait list aka bothered them to much. I feel that they will be waiting until the deposit deadline but I have no source to base this claim on. I am just asking myself why would they admit students if the others still have a week to pay the deposits.

Thats makes sense but there has to be a reason why the february date is listed as one of the waitlist update dates.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 20:18
Hi Guys,

I got my acceptance call yesterday for 1-yr. MBA. Thanks for all the support.
Best of luck to all of you.

Profile:
Mumbai, India - 8 yrs workex in Financial services.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 21:40
Zuch wrote:
Hi Guys,

Profile:

Congrats. What round did you apply?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 21:54
Zuch wrote:
Hi Guys,

Profile:

I didn't know Kellogg called people early. Can anyone confirm? I thought we all had to wait until late March to hear back from R2.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2014, 22:25
@goalieman688: Thanks. I had applied in R1 and was waitlisted.
@1of2: The first date for waitlist decision for R1 is 26th Feb.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 05:32
Zuch wrote:
Hi Guys,

Profile:

Congrats Zuch. Good luck.
Can you give a brief summary of what wait list steps you took?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 06:57
checked my app this morning and could not get in.

Got a message saying the site was temporarily unavailable. I'm not looking at this for the rest of the day, so good luck to all my fellow w-listers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 07:34
I also got the temporarily unavailable message this morning and it now switched back to normal (Dec 18 update letter).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 07:43
anunat wrote:
I also got the temporarily unavailable message this morning and it now switched back to normal (Dec 18 update letter).

Does this mean the rest of us will get auto-generated emails today telling us to check our online application status? And that the update will either be one of two things (unless you get a separate acceptance call); 1. Remain on the WL or 2. Ding, Removed from the WL??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:29
Got an update just now on my application page - Continue on the waitlist
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:32
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
anunat wrote:

Does this mean the rest of us will get auto-generated emails today telling us to check our online application status? And that the update will either be one of two things (unless you get a separate acceptance call); 1. Remain on the WL or 2. Ding, Removed from the WL??

Spoke to soon. Just got the email from Adcom titled "Application Update" and was offered the "opportunity to remain on the waitlist."
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:36
Same, still on WL. I shot an email to my WL manager to see if we could talk about what the deal is.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:42
tds2006 wrote:
Same, still on WL. I shot an email to my WL manager to see if we could talk about what the deal is.

Probably won't be able to tell you much or will just give you the generic "we are still evaluating applicants on an ongoing basis." As previously speculated on this forum, first movement for the 2y FT program probably won't come until Rd 2 decisions are released.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:43
Not surprised. The serious offers will come after the deposits have been finalized.
At least we didn't get dinged from the wait list :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2014, 08:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 275 posts ] 

Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, tanmay1392