GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Apr 2020, 01:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 07:55
Is "continue on the waitlist" for me...

Well, so now we wait until March 6th, when the R1 deposits are due :roll:

To add information, I now another guy that got accepted from the wait list on monday, to the 1Y MBA. Any one knows any 2Y MBA that got accepted from the wait list in this round?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:01
TechWithNoExp wrote:
Zuch wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got my acceptance call yesterday for 1-yr. MBA. Thanks for all the support.
Best of luck to all of you.

Profile:
Mumbai, India - 8 yrs workex in Financial services.

Congrats Zuch. Good luck.
Can you give a brief summary of what wait list steps you took?
Thanks

Thanks Tech...
Three things which I did:
- Visited the campus
- Asked my WL manager every doubt/questions I had. My application did not need anything specific but there were a few things that my WL manager thought I could explain in more detail in an email.
- Wrote one email covering these things and general updates about my profile since my application. (Words approx. 500)

Thats it. One visit, one call, one email.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:18
Same - continue on waitlist.

My waitlist manager is quite slow in getting back to me (haven't received a reply to the update I sent couple of weeks ago..). Anyone has the same experience?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 08:57
Waitlist continues for me as well. I appreciate that we got the notice in the morning at least. I'm feel like they have very little reason to admit people today, so I'm just glad to dodge the bullet and stay in the game.

I could only see someone getting in today if there was a drastic change (e.g. retook GMAT and went from 680 to 750).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 09:12
I got the same notice with an offer to stay on the waitlist. I'm withdrawing myself, though. Good luck to everyone else!
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 10:00
tubingbanana wrote:

My waitlist manager is quite slow in getting back to me (haven't received a reply to the update I sent couple of weeks ago..). Anyone has the same experience?

I haven't received a reply as well, even though I asked for a short conversation.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V42
GPA: 3.37
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2014, 11:07
CelerIP wrote:
tubingbanana wrote:

I haven't received a reply as well, even though I asked for a short conversation.

I had a similar situation - emailed my waitlist manager three times and finally called and left a message referencing my efforts to get in touch. Finally did hear back after that phone call.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2014, 10:04
Squig19 wrote:
CelerIP wrote:
tubingbanana wrote:

I had a similar situation - emailed my waitlist manager three times and finally called and left a message referencing my efforts to get in touch. Finally did hear back after that phone call.

Good to know, I didn't receive a reply to an update they asked me to send back in January, nor to an email I sent yesterday asking for a call. Will probably call sometime next week.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2014, 12:26
Continue on the WL for me as well.

I just sent an update on salary info after my yearly review. Figured 'what the heck' it can't hurt. Will check back on my status in a few weeks. Stay strong my mates
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 07:23
Fellow waitlisters - are we expecting any movement for the 2Y program this week? Or are we hoping for the 3/25 R2 decision date?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 10:02
aleaiactaest wrote:
Fellow waitlisters - are we expecting any movement for the 2Y program this week? Or are we hoping for the 3/25 R2 decision date?

I am not too sure what to expect- I feel lazy by "not doing anything and just waiting" but at the same time, I have already spoken to my WL manager months ago, and also submitted an update letter. A bit confused as to what I can do- perhaps a campus visit?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 10:12
aleaiactaest wrote:

You would think that it is possible there will be some movement this week based on the R1 deposit deadline passing last week. But, I just don't see why the admissions committee would not wait until 3/25 after evaluating all the R2 apps. I've made the decision to just assume that I won't hear anything until 3/25. It just seems easier mentally.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 10:23
aleaiactaest wrote:

Yeah; I agree with what everyone else has said thus far. With the students I've spoken to who were accepted off the waitlist (from previous years), it was essentially a waiting game. Obviously if you have something worth updating with your WL manager with that is highly advised and most of my contacts did send one in. After that you just have to wait it out. I've heard of acceptances in March, April, and May, so we're all still going to be in the air for awhile.

We've made it this far and that's saying something. I have a feeling they might pit up our profiles against R2 candidates and hopefully we'll take precedence.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 10:39
All,

Note that students are entering the Winter Quarter finals this week, ending mid-next week followed by spring break. Classes kick back up again March 31st.

I'd imagine this will give admissions some down time while students are focused on exams and vacation. Maybe we'll be hearing within that time!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2014, 12:39
kmetzge2 wrote:
All,

Note that students are entering the Winter Quarter finals this week, ending mid-next week followed by spring break. Classes kick back up again March 31st.

I'd imagine this will give admissions some down time while students are focused on exams and vacation. Maybe we'll be hearing within that time!

Admissions has nothing to do with current students, no? Why would that matter?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2014, 09:21
Anyone applying to the JD-MBA program?

If so, have you heard of any movement on the waitlist for that program?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2014, 09:01
So far there has been no movement with anyone on here for the 2Y? If i remember correctly from reading last years thread, I thought last year there was at least a little movement at the end of Feb, but it doesn't look like that happened this year, at least for GC members. Hope that we all start hearing in the near future!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2014, 09:38
SMA1206 wrote:
So far there has been no movement with anyone on here for the 2Y? If i remember correctly from reading last years thread, I thought last year there was at least a little movement at the end of Feb, but it doesn't look like that happened this year, at least for GC members. Hope that we all start hearing in the near future!

Yea! Nothing as yet.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 09:43
bump for tomorrow's decision release to welcome new people that will be joining us :D
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 09:46
ricecake wrote:
bump for tomorrow's decision release to welcome new people that will be joining us :D

Haha true. The list just keeps getting bigger
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2014, 09:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 275 posts ] 

Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, tanmay1392