GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 09:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg vs Tuck vs Yale vs Haas

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kellogg ($$) vs Tuck ($$) vs Yale ($$) vs Haas

• 57% [16]
  • 21% [6]
  • 10% [3]
  • 10% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.74
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Kellogg vs Tuck vs Yale vs Haas  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Dec 2017, 21:20
I am fortunate to have to choose among Kellogg, Tuck, Yale, and Haas. My post-MBA goal is either consulting or general management/corporate finance. I am interested to know what your thoughts are? Geographically, I don't mind living anywhere in the country but I would prefer the Midwest which means Kellogg has an edge. I love Tuck's close-knit community; it is almost cult-like. Yale's global brand is amazing and Haas has wonderful placements into tech and consulting in the West.

Originally posted by chanlex on 20 Dec 2017, 14:53.
Last edited by chanlex on 20 Dec 2017, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Kellogg vs Tuck vs Yale vs Haas  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 15:13
chanlex wrote:
I am fortunate to have to choose among Kellogg, Tuck, Yale, and Haas. My post-MBA goal is either consulting or general management/corporate finance. I am interested to know what your thoughts are? I am a veteran, and I was also offered $$ at Kellogg, and Yale, thus translating into a full ride at both schools. I might also get full funding for Tuck and Haas. So I am quite fortunate that money is not a consideration. Geographically, I don't mind living anywhere in the country but I would prefer the Midwest which means Kellogg has an edge. I love Tuck's close-knit community; it is almost cult-like. Yale's global brand is amazing and Haas has wonderful placements into tech and consulting in the West.

I have strong preference for Tuck and Haas is second among the schools you listed. But realistically all of them are good for Consulting. So pick the school with least debt post MBA.

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Current Student
S
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Kellogg vs Tuck vs Yale vs Haas  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 18:50
Any of these schools will get you where you want. I'd go where you come out with the least student debt and where you'd like to spend your two years. Like I said in other threads, tell Yale and Tuck about your scholarship offer at Kellogg - ask them to match or beat that amount. The worst thing you can get is a no from them, they won't rescind their offer to you if you ask nicely.
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 09:58
i wouldn't overthink this. kellogg is the highest ranked school, is the strongest in consulting, and appears to have given you the same amount of money as yale/tuck. kellogg all the way.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 07:22
chanlex wrote:
I am fortunate to have to choose among Kellogg, Tuck, Yale, and Haas. My post-MBA goal is either consulting or general management/corporate finance. I am interested to know what your thoughts are? Geographically, I don't mind living anywhere in the country but I would prefer the Midwest which means Kellogg has an edge. I love Tuck's close-knit community; it is almost cult-like. Yale's global brand is amazing and Haas has wonderful placements into tech and consulting in the West.

Frankly, why are you even having this debate when Kellogg has provided you scholarship? Kellogg is a much stronger brand when it comes to Consulting/GM. Add to it the strongest alumni base among these schools, makes Kellogg a no-brainer here. DM me if you have Kellogg related questions.
Re: Kellogg vs Tuck vs Yale vs Haas &nbs [#permalink] 24 Dec 2017, 07:22

Kellogg vs Tuck vs Yale vs Haas

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap