It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan Gmat and Veritas Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Manhattan Gmat and Veritas Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2014, 10:12
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Guys,

I have a question for you.. I'm starting my GMAT preparation and I have already bought the entire Manhattan Gmat Strategy Guides (10 books) plus 5 Supplements (included Advanced Quant book) and the entire Veritas Prep Curriculum (12 books). They say they are the best available in the market, but i don't know what i have to start with. The MGMAT is more content-based, Veritas more strategical (think like the test maker, learning by doing etc etc). Please, if you possess both, tell me your opinion. Thank you for help!!

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27160 [0], given: 5001

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan Gmat and Veritas Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2014, 17:14
You really only need one or the other. Doing both will not result in a higher score automatically (most likely will depress you) - think of it this way - you need a chair. If you buy 2 that are the same, will it be more comfortable to sit if you had both?

These chairs/books are slightly different so you may find more comfortalbe than the other, but again, you wont be able to sit in both at the same time.

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27160 [0], given: 5001

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2014, 18:07
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Thanks for the immediate reply.. honestly, I thought the same way as you.. I just got both Veritas and MGMAT because I read all your comments and rates (for this purpose, they were really helpful because there are a lot of resources out there.. you really do a great work) about the two curricula and you said they are the best available in the market (except for the power score critical reasoning bible, really amazing), furthermore I read you bought both. Then, as you know both of them very well, what would you recommend for a high score? I would need 700+ for MIT SLOAN.. thank you for all (however, I have the feeling that sometimes there is a lack of content in Veritas prep curriculum; it is terrific from a strategical and managerial standpoint, I think better than MGMAT, but the latter features more "theory and content", and probably less strategy).. either case, I will follow your advice attentively, as you have been in the field so long.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 13:40
Hi All!!

I have a curious question directly from Manhattan GMAT Foundations of GMAT Math. It says "If integer a is not a multiple of 30, but ab is, what is the smallest possible value of integer b? The official answer is b=2, but is not b=0 the right answer? a could safely be 20, ab 0 and b = 0. 0 is an integer and multiple of all integers. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Intern
Intern

Math Question from MGMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 13:55
alexander18765 wrote:
Hi All!!

I have a curious question directly from Manhattan GMAT Foundations of GMAT Math. It says "If integer a is not a multiple of 30, but ab is, what is the smallest possible value of integer b? The official answer is b=2, but is not b=0 the right answer? a could safely be 20, ab 0 and b = 0. 0 is an integer and multiple of all integers. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Math Question from MGMAT   [#permalink] 21 May 2015, 13:55