Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Received Admit to the class of 2019. But I have some questions.
Kindly tell if I want to work in India (eventually) and want to come back to India after say 3 years of working in Europe, shall I get good opportunities? I know they will not be at-par with European roles but shall I get roles at par the roles that IIM guys work on? or somewhat close to that. I also know it is difficult to land good jobs in India right after MBA that's why I am planning to work there for 2-3 years.

P.S. I am a Software Engineer with 7.5 years of experience and want to work in tech industry only - basically product manager or program manager sort of roles.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.45
WE:Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
ImAnkitKaushik wrote:
acacia wrote:
will it be worth applying now for an Indian engineering IT experience candidate with sub-par GMAT score?

Mannheim has a very low acceptance rate for Indians this year. Unless your profile has some spark, I don't think it's worth applying there.
I am not trying to demotivate you, but in the end, we have to face reality.

Thanks,
Ankit Kaushik

Actually the assumed Indian quota for every MBS class has always 10-12% of the class size. And such is the case even this year... So I suppose that the acceptance rate has decreased only because more Indians are applying for the same 6-7 identified spots.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sakys wrote:
sakys wrote:
Hi Guys,

I had my second stage/final interview with the career services at MBS. What is the usual timeline for the final decision after this interview? Could someone throw some light in this regard?

Thank you & regards,

Got the admit e-mail to join MBS 2019 class :).

Is there any group guys? would like to connect! Cheers

Once you deposit your fees, Stefanie will send you the links to the Facebook and LinkedIn groups. Welcome to the class.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
raskhura wrote:
How do we edit the application form? Or the reference form?

I think I am too late in responding to your post.
In case you have not submitted yet, you can edit the PDF in Adobe Acrobat. Simply add text boxes, change the font size, etc. I know they do not like handwritten applications. If you still have any doubt, just ask Stefanie.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just got admitted to the class of 2019 in MBS!
Excited to meet everyone there~
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys, quick question. What would the usual timeline look like for an interview call after the video submission? I was asked to submit a video by 30th Apr, i sent mine by 24th and was told i will be notified about the next steps in the next few days.

Was quite confident, but a little concerned now :(

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rliyo wrote:
Just got admitted to the class of 2019 in MBS!
Excited to meet everyone there~

Congratulations. See you soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
PrajwalMP wrote:
Hi guys, quick question. What would the usual timeline look like for an interview call after the video submission? I was asked to submit a video by 30th Apr, i sent mine by 24th and was told i will be notified about the next steps in the next few days.

Was quite confident, but a little concerned now :(

Hi Prajwal,

IMO, they should get back to you in 10-14 working days. I'd say - wait for their response - they must be loaded with applications.

Feel free to connect again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all the selected candidates!

I have made it to the final interview stage. Can anyone, who has already been admitted, guide me if the second interview is gonna be with a panel of two or more, or with an individual? If it is an individual, will he/she be different from the one who took our first interview. (mine was conducted by Stefanie).
Also, what are the broad topics i can expect the case study to be from?
Further, can i have rough notes about case study, to refer them during the interview?
And finally, is the interview just about case study?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Shrishti,

Thank you for the information and moral support. I had my first interview as you suggested and I have my second interview scheduled on 14th June. Fingers crossed :)

Dear girish,
Congratulations and wish you the best of luck for the upcoming interview :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
PrajwalMP wrote:
Dear Shrishti,

Thank you for the information and moral support. I had my first interview as you suggested and I have my second interview scheduled on 14th June. Fingers crossed :)

Dear girish,
Congratulations and wish you the best of luck for the upcoming interview :)

Hi Prajwal,

Good luck for June 14. Who will be taking your interview?

Stay posted!
Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
girish2327 wrote:
Hi guys,

I have made it to the final interview stage. Can anyone, who has already been admitted, guide me if the second interview is gonna be with a panel of two or more, or with an individual? If it is an individual, will he/she be different from the one who took our first interview. (mine was conducted by Stefanie).
Further, can i have rough notes about case study, to refer them during the interview?

Hi Girish,

closer to the interview date you will get all the details in an email. My interview was not with any panel. Just one person from the career cell. Yes he/she will not be Stefanie but someone from the career cell.
You will get the case study 5-7 days before your interview date. You will get the topic and the broad questions and you have to prepare your case study accordingly.
You can have rough notes, but do not show them the notes, they do not want to see it. Also they will know if you are reading from the notes. They do not want that. They will want you to understand the case study and answer the cases confidently without the notes.. --> this was the feedback that I got. Also in my experience, I did not get a chance to either look at the notes or my cheat sheet, it was very direct.
The interview is more than the case study. They will ask you numerous questions about your career plans etc. You will get all the details in the email you receive closer to the interview date.

Hope this answers all your questions.
Reach out if you need more help. All the best.

Shrishti
Manager
Manager
Send PM
antarikshpandey wrote:
Received Admit to the class of 2019. But I have some questions.
Kindly tell if I want to work in India (eventually) and want to come back to India after say 3 years of working in Europe, shall I get good opportunities? I know they will not be at-par with European roles but shall I get roles at par the roles that IIM guys work on? or somewhat close to that. I also know it is difficult to land good jobs in India right after MBA that's why I am planning to work there for 2-3 years.

P.S. I am a Software Engineer with 7.5 years of experience and want to work in tech industry only - basically product manager or program manager sort of roles.

Hi Antariksh,

I am not sure if my response will help your case:
Responding to your Q - shall I get good opportunities in India?
Mannheim is not a brand name in India - unlike other European schools such as IE Spain, HEC, INSEAD. So you will have to defend Mannheim when you seek job opportunities in India.
And anyhow, IMO, after 3 years of MBA and working, your European employer, your role, work exp and talent should speak more than the school you have graduated from.
Hope this helps!

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
ShrishT wrote:
girish2327 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi Girish,

closer to the interview date you will get all the details in an email. My interview was not with any panel. Just one person from the career cell. Yes he/she will not be Stefanie but someone from the career cell.
You will get the case study 5-7 days before your interview date. You will get the topic and the broad questions and you have to prepare your case study accordingly.
You can have rough notes, but do not show them the notes, they do not want to see it. Also they will know if you are reading from the notes. They do not want that. They will want you to understand the case study and answer the cases confidently without the notes.. --> this was the feedback that I got. Also in my experience, I did not get a chance to either look at the notes or my cheat sheet, it was very direct.
The interview is more than the case study. They will ask you numerous questions about your career plans etc. You will get all the details in the email you receive closer to the interview date.

Shrishti

Hi Shrishti,

Thanks for the reply. Helps a lot.

Have you applied for or secured your visa?
If yes, could you please help me out with the steps i need to take, and how much time on a average does the whole process takes? I have a broad idea of what all i need to do, but still.
Also, do i need a english proficiency test for visa even if my graduation is purely in english? If yes, which test does the embassy accept out of Toefl, IELTS general and IELTS academic?

Thanks agains!

Regards,
Girish

Manager
Manager
Send PM
girish2327 wrote:
ShrishT wrote:
girish2327 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi Girish,

Shrishti

Hi Shrishti,

If yes, could you please help me out with the steps i need to take, and how much time on a average does the whole process takes? I have a broad idea of what all i need to do, but still.
Also, do i need a english proficiency test for visa even if my graduation is purely in english? If yes, which test does the embassy accept out of Toefl, IELTS general and IELTS academic?

Thanks agains!

Regards,
Girish

Hi,

I have applied for my visa. The website states that after you submit your documents and interview at the consulate, the process takes 6-8 weeks. I guess, I should hear from them max. by mid-June.

Most information is on the diplo website. They have a checklist that you must follow and produce documents accordingly. Please refer to the website for correct information, but I can just list the documents here:
    Original passport & visa photos
    Demand Draft INR 6100
    Under-grad & Grad marksheets & pass certificate
    TOEFL/ IELTS Score - valid
    Appointment confirmation email
    Long-term visa application form
    Cover letter for application
    Letter of admission from Mannheim
    Proof of payment of 1st installment
    Blocked account with money confirmation
    Proof of funds, loan confirmation letter, bank statements
    travel health insurance
    Employment status

Also, do i need a english proficiency test for visa even if my graduation is purely in english? --> yes, either certifications are okay for the embassy, This is mostly a checklist. Also Mannheim needed TOEFL/ IELTS - mandatory - so you can produce the same certificate if it is valid.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
girish2327 wrote:
ShrishT wrote:
girish2327 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi Girish,

Shrishti

Hi Shrishti,

Thanks agains!

Regards,
Girish

girish2327

I hope this answers your questions. If I understand correctly, once the school rolls out the offer, and you pay the 1st installment, they will send you the confirmation letter. This is the letter you need for your visa purposes. So manage your timelines accordingly, I'd say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
ShrishT wrote:
girish2327 wrote:

Hi Shrishti,

Thanks agains!

Regards,
Girish

Hi,

I have applied for my visa. The website states that after you submit your documents and interview at the consulate, the process takes 6-8 weeks. I guess, I should hear from them max. by mid-June.

Most information is on the diplo website. They have a checklist that you must follow and produce documents accordingly. Please refer to the website for correct information, but I can just list the documents here:
    Original passport & visa photos
    Demand Draft INR 6100
    Under-grad & Grad marksheets & pass certificate
    TOEFL/ IELTS Score - valid
    Appointment confirmation email
    Long-term visa application form
    Cover letter for application
    Letter of admission from Mannheim
    Proof of payment of 1st installment
    Blocked account with money confirmation
    Proof of funds, loan confirmation letter, bank statements
    travel health insurance
    Employment status

Also, do i need a english proficiency test for visa even if my graduation is purely in english? --> yes, either certifications are okay for the embassy, This is mostly a checklist. Also Mannheim needed TOEFL/ IELTS - mandatory - so you can produce the same certificate if it is valid.

Thanks for the information Shrishti!
I actually did not need IELTS/TOEFL score for Mannheim. And If I do give the test now, would I need to furnish the official score report to the embassy, or just my copy will suffice?

Thanks again!
Cheers.
Girish
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts