It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 11:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 650 Q40 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 04:53
niks18: Thanks for writing back on this thread. Usually, the applications are accepted online as it is convenient for international students, and very economical, leaves more room for the admission committee to get back to the candidates easily via emails, telecons, etc. just incase they need any additional information or clarification.

About the Job prospects in Germany: I cannot bucket your specific query being a non-German speaker with native German speakers/internationals who speak Germans. That will not be a fair thing to do.

Based on my experience of talks with a few European schools, that has helped me to develop a perspective, that chances of getting a job in EU multi-folds, if you are fluent in their native language (If you speak French in France, German in Germany, etc.). So the probability of getting a job is higher if you know German language, than a non-native and non-German speaker. Even though we are aware of the fact that mostly German companies have their global offices and perhaps most frequently using English as the mode of communications with their international counterparts. It has helped me develop better rapport with my clients and colleagues based in Germany in my previous jobs, even though I worked with them remotely from India.

Happy to speak with you 1-2-1, via Skype: anubhavkohli83, if you need additional information.

Hope this helps.

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Threadmaster for B-school Discussions
Class of 2019: Mannheim Business School
Class 0f 2020: HHL Leipzig

PS Forum Moderator
P
GPA: 3.82
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 05:03
AnubhavK wrote:
niks18: Thanks for writing back on this thread. Usually, the applications are accepted online as it is convenient for international students, and very economical, leaves more room for the admission committee to get back to the candidates easily via emails, telecons, etc. just incase they need any additional information or clarification.

About the Job prospects in Germany: I cannot bucket your specific query being a non-German speaker with native German speakers/internationals who speak Germans. That will not be a fair thing to do.

Based on my experience of talks with a few European schools, that has helped me to develop a perspective, that chances of getting a job in EU multi-folds, if you are fluent in their native language (If you speak French in France, German in Germany, etc.). So the probability of getting a job is higher if you know German language, than a non-native and non-German speaker. Even though we are aware of the fact that mostly German companies have their global offices and perhaps most frequently using English as the mode of communications with their international counterparts. It has helped me develop better rapport with my clients and colleagues based in Germany in my previous jobs, even though I worked with them remotely from India.

Happy to speak with you 1-2-1, via Skype: anubhavkohli83, if you need additional information.

Hope this helps.

Hi AnubhavK

Thanks for the reply :-)
From your post it seems that they have online application process but I could not any online application process rather they have a pdf application form that needs to be downloaded and to be mailed once done. Can you guide me about the online application process?
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 05:11
niks18: Apologies, please allow me to clarify what I meant. Admission process is a phased approach, to begin with, you are required to download a form (PDF version), and then fill the requisite information and upload / email with your candidate ID and additional information that they asked for. I also recommend that you connect with the admission counsellor, keeping them informed about your application progress. I am sure, you must have been through the URLs below, but very helpful to expand the selection and read it through.
https://www.mannheim-business-school.co ... dmissions/

Once you submit the application, the admission committee will touch base with you to share the next steps.

Hope this helps.

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 09:01
Hi all,

Here's wishing everyone German Unity/Reunification Day. A very important day in the history of Germany is celebrated today on October 3rd known as Tag der Deutschen Einheit.

All the best to all German B-schools aspirants.

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 04:48
Hi all,

Here's a URL to what Mannheim Business School's alum has to say: https://www.mannheim-business-school.co ... a/#label-4

All the best,
Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 19:17
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's applications are coming along well.

I am from Malaysia and I am looking to apply to both Mannheim and HHL. I have been reading this forum and the one on HHL pretty closely and have had garnered some useful information about studying in Germany. Looks like it is currently one of the few countries in this tumultuous world that we live in that offers international students a chance to stay back and gather some overseas experience.

That said, would be great if we could have current students, admits and applicants list down the differences between Mannheim and HHL. From Mannheim's website, the 12 month program has an option to be extended for 3 months 2018-onwards where an internship or exchange can be undertaken. HHL (21 months) has the internship option already embedded into its program which gives international students an edge in getting that much needed experience in the German market before we apply for that final job.

So please feel free to list down the differences between the 2. I feel this would be super beneficial for all of us trying to decide between the 2.

Thanks & cheers!
1 KUDOS received
Mannheim Thread Master
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GRE 1: 313 Q167 V146

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 14:50
This post received
KUDOS
liverpool wrote:
Hey guys,

I am from Malaysia and I am looking to apply to both Mannheim and HHL. I have been reading this forum and the one on HHL pretty closely and have had garnered some useful information about studying in Germany. Looks like it is currently one of the few countries in this tumultuous world that we live in that offers international students a chance to stay back and gather some overseas experience.

That said, would be great if we could have current students, admits and applicants list down the differences between Mannheim and HHL. From Mannheim's website, the 12 month program has an option to be extended for 3 months 2018-onwards where an internship or exchange can be undertaken. HHL (21 months) has the internship option already embedded into its program which gives international students an edge in getting that much needed experience in the German market before we apply for that final job.

So please feel free to list down the differences between the 2. I feel this would be super beneficial for all of us trying to decide between the 2.

Thanks & cheers!

Hello Liverpool,
thank you for posting in this forum. I don't really know difference between Mannheim and HHL, because I did not study there, so it would be very hard for me to give a comparison with Mannheim. What I know is, both school are open to SEA student, as I know some student from SEA from both business school. All difference aside, both school have their own pros and cons. So, I think it is between which one suits you the most and can help you to reach your goal.
Yes, there are opportunities in Germany. But don't take it for granted. What I can share is, 1 year program is very intense. even from day 1.

Good luck on your application,

best regards,
kty89
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 02:51
kimtaeyeon89: Thanks for pitching in, Kim. I have been really occupied with my preps so took a leave of absence for few days.
liverpool: Hi again, from the info you shared I believe I discussed it with Sahil from KL, Malaysia few weeks ago. We had an hour and a half long conversation over the phone and share perspectives about how different are the 21 months program at HHL vs. 12-14 months program offered at other schools. If you have any queries, direct them to me or post it on this thread.

All the best,

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 03:57
Appreciate the reply Kty89! Thanks :)

kimtaeyeon89 wrote:
liverpool wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks & cheers!

Hello Liverpool,
thank you for posting in this forum. I don't really know difference between Mannheim and HHL, because I did not study there, so it would be very hard for me to give a comparison with Mannheim. What I know is, both school are open to SEA student, as I know some student from SEA from both business school. All difference aside, both school have their own pros and cons. So, I think it is between which one suits you the most and can help you to reach your goal.
Yes, there are opportunities in Germany. But don't take it for granted. What I can share is, 1 year program is very intense. even from day 1.

Good luck on your application,

best regards,
kty89
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 20:30
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's application is going well. I have a question in regards to one of the FAQ answers listed on the Mannheim website in regards to certified transcripts below:

"Yes, we need your transcript and a copy of the degree certified by your university which needs to be translated into English by a certified translator. Please submit the original certified copies and the certified translations together with your complete application package. Notarization is not required."

Do they mean that they want a copy of our University certificate certified by the University? Or would uploading an original suffice? Think the GMAT's played a couple of tricks in my head in dissecting sentences a bit too much.

Thanks in advance guys :)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 02:53
Any admits so far?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 06:46
Does anyone knows what is the word limit for Mannheim MBA essay questions ?
PS Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 07:42
Hi,

In the reference form at the end it is mentioned to provide "Signature and Official Seal". does this mean that the referee will have to get an Official Seal? I don't think any corporate will provide their official seal for MBA application purpose. Kindly clarify whether this is mandatory or simply sending the reference letter through official mail would suffice
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 20:55
Why don't you ask the same question to Gabrielle. She's pretty responsive.

Posted from my mobile device
PS Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 21:16
roy26 wrote:
Why don't you ask the same question to Gabrielle. She's pretty responsive.

Hi roy26

I have dropped her a mail week back but yet to receive a reply from her so thought somebody here might have same query :?
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 00:41
Oh! It's pretty bad. She usually responds to my queries within 2-3 hours.

I think if the referee sends the reco letter via official email it won't be any issue.

PS Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 10:29
roy26 wrote:
Oh! It's pretty bad. She usually responds to my queries within 2-3 hours.

I think if the referee sends the reco letter via official email it won't be any issue.

I got a reply from her today evening :-) I guess she must have been too busy with the application and so is working even on Sunday :o
So seal is not required. mail from official id will suffice.
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 02:11
roy26 niks18: thanks for keeping up the momentum. I also got a chance to connect with an alum in the previous week. Turns out, they are loaded with applications, so we can anticipate tough time for the admission committee to take decisions on all prospective candidates.

All the best,
Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Mannheim Thread Master
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GRE 1: 313 Q167 V146

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 12:49
liverpool wrote:
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's application is going well. I have a question in regards to one of the FAQ answers listed on the Mannheim website in regards to certified transcripts below:

"Yes, we need your transcript and a copy of the degree certified by your university which needs to be translated into English by a certified translator. Please submit the original certified copies and the certified translations together with your complete application package. Notarization is not required."

Do they mean that they want a copy of our University certificate certified by the University? Or would uploading an original suffice? Think the GMAT's played a couple of tricks in my head in dissecting sentences a bit too much.

Thanks in advance guys :)

If your transcript and diploma is in English, you can upload either the scanned original OR certified copy of those, if you cannot upload your original documents.
PS Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 20:02
Has anybody submitted his/her application and got any kindly of application confirmation mail or an interview invite? I have submitted my application but I have not received any confirmation mail from them regarding receipt of all documents and application fee.
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2017, 20:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 147 posts ] 

Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap