GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Mannheim Master in Management Workload?

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Mannheim Master in Management Workload?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 02:56
Hi,

maybe i can find a alumni or even current student of the MiM in Mannheim.

As i am planning my future, i am deciding if i want to retake the gmat, or just keep at my local university for my master degree. I could focus on my freelancing, get a really good half time job and enjoy my life. I am worried if i will even have enough time to live my life at Mannheim? How many hours a week do you study there?

I'd take a lot of IT-Lectures, do you know anything about their difficulty?


In general, maybe some non Mannheim students can help me there as well: Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? I'll have a good degree with a few letters of recommendation, semester abroad, a finished internship (skipped half a year), a skipped semester in my bachelors, and student work experience. Of course is this not much compared to a alumni from a top university, but i also am not that interested in finance or similar high paying/high stress jobs, my main focus is IT-management.

I know the questions are a bit common, but i'd appreciate to hear some of your opinions !

Kind regards
MiM-Essay Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 487
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Mannheim Master in Management Workload?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Nov 2019, 00:47
1
StressTest wrote:
Hi,

maybe i can find a alumni or even current student of the MiM in Mannheim.

As i am planning my future, i am deciding if i want to retake the gmat, or just keep at my local university for my master degree. I could focus on my freelancing, get a really good half time job and enjoy my life. I am worried if i will even have enough time to live my life at Mannheim? How many hours a week do you study there?

I'd take a lot of IT-Lectures, do you know anything about their difficulty?


In general, maybe some non Mannheim students can help me there as well: Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? I'll have a good degree with a few letters of recommendation, semester abroad, a finished internsh
ip (skipped half a year), a skipped semester in my bachelors, and student work experience. Of course is this not much compared to a alumni from a top university, but i also am not that interested in finance or similar high paying/high stress jobs, my main focus is IT-management.

I know the questions are a bit common, but i'd appreciate to hear some of your opinions !

Kind regards


Hi StressTest,
Your confusion is understandable - But if you streamline your goals a bit, you will have more clarity and will be in a better position to make a decision.
Firstly, about continuing at your local university or aiming for a more competitive university - That depends upon how strongly you want to move outside your comfort zone. There is no doubt that studying at a University with a better brand is always the better option - So if you are ready to step outside of your comfort zone, go for it. I am not sure what you mean by whether you will be able to live your life at Mannheim - The curiculum is intensive no doubt, but from what I hear from our clients who got into Mannheim and HHL -They have the best of both worlds - Along with the work hours, they are actively involved in a lot of co-curriculars and activities around the campus.
Coming to your next question - Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? Well, I would say that studying at a top school certainly opens up doors - This is because all the major companies will be recruiting from the Tier-1 Schools of their respective countries , which in Germany's case would be WHU- Mannheim-HHL.
Lastly, Mannheim MiM would be a good fit if you are looking at generalized management profiles - Even if you are not interested in Finance- There are other options like generalized management, operations, marketing, etc. If you are looking for primarily IT related profiles - Would suggest you to look into MIS as instead.
Maybe an evaluation will help you clarify your goals more - You can take one here : https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

Let me know how that goes :)
_________________
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:Book an Appointment

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 03 Nov 2019, 11:43.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 13 Nov 2019, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Re: Mannheim Master in Management Workload?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 08:13
MiMEssay wrote:
StressTest wrote:
Hi,

maybe i can find a alumni or even current student of the MiM in Mannheim.

As i am planning my future, i am deciding if i want to retake the gmat, or just keep at my local university for my master degree. I could focus on my freelancing, get a really good half time job and enjoy my life. I am worried if i will even have enough time to live my life at Mannheim? How many hours a week do you study there?

I'd take a lot of IT-Lectures, do you know anything about their difficulty?


In general, maybe some non Mannheim students can help me there as well: Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? I'll have a good degree with a few letters of recommendation, semester abroad, a finished internsh
ip (skipped half a year), a skipped semester in my bachelors, and student work experience. Of course is this not much compared to a alumni from a top university, but i also am not that interested in finance or similar high paying/high stress jobs, my main focus is IT-management.

I know the questions are a bit common, but i'd appreciate to hear some of your opinions !

Kind regards


Hi StressTest,
Your confusion is understandable - But if you streamline your goals a bit, you will have more clarity and will be in a better position to make a decision.
Firstly, about continuing at your local university or aiming for a more competitive university - That depends upon how strongly you want to move outside your comfort zone. There is no doubt that studying at a University with a better brand is always the better option - So if you are ready to step outside of your comfort zone, go for it. I am not sure what you mean by whether you will be able to live your life at Mannheim - The curiculum is intensive no doubt, but from what I hear from our clients who got into Mannheim and HHL -They have the best of both worlds - Along with the work hours, they are actively involved in a lot of co-curriculars and activities around the campus.
Coming to your next question - Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? Well, I would say that studying at a top school certainly opens up doors - This is because all the major companies will be recruiting from the Tier-1 Schools of their respective countries , which in Germany's case would be WHU- Mannheim-HHL.
Lastly, Mannheim MiM would be a good fit if you are looking at generalized management profiles - Even if you are not interested in Finance- There are other options like generalized management, operations, marketing, etc. If you are looking for primarily IT related profiles - Would suggest you to look into MIS as instead.
Maybe an evaluation will help you clarify your goals more - You can take one here : https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe

Let me know how that goes :)


Thank you so much for your reply!

You mentioned "MIS" as alternative to a IT-Focused MiM. Can you tell me what MIS means? I'm not used to the vocabulary.

Furthermore, i dont want to go 100% IT. I bring a lot of IT knowledge and want to combine that with management knowledge, to manage it-projects, or to consult in the it-area.
MiM-Essay Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 487
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Mannheim Master in Management Workload?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 22:21
StressTest wrote:
MiMEssay wrote:
StressTest wrote:
Hi,

maybe i can find a alumni or even current student of the MiM in Mannheim.

As i am planning my future, i am deciding if i want to retake the gmat, or just keep at my local university for my master degree. I could focus on my freelancing, get a really good half time job and enjoy my life. I am worried if i will even have enough time to live my life at Mannheim? How many hours a week do you study there?

I'd take a lot of IT-Lectures, do you know anything about their difficulty?


In general, maybe some non Mannheim students can help me there as well: Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? I'll have a good degree with a few letters of recommendation, semester abroad, a finished internsh
ip (skipped half a year), a skipped semester in my bachelors, and student work experience. Of course is this not much compared to a alumni from a top university, but i also am not that interested in finance or similar high paying/high stress jobs, my main focus is IT-management.

I know the questions are a bit common, but i'd appreciate to hear some of your opinions !

Kind regards


Hi StressTest,
Your confusion is understandable - But if you streamline your goals a bit, you will have more clarity and will be in a better position to make a decision.
Firstly, about continuing at your local university or aiming for a more competitive university - That depends upon how strongly you want to move outside your comfort zone. There is no doubt that studying at a University with a better brand is always the better option - So if you are ready to step outside of your comfort zone, go for it. I am not sure what you mean by whether you will be able to live your life at Mannheim - The curiculum is intensive no doubt, but from what I hear from our clients who got into Mannheim and HHL -They have the best of both worlds - Along with the work hours, they are actively involved in a lot of co-curriculars and activities around the campus.
Coming to your next question - Is it that important to study at a top school to get a good job? Well, I would say that studying at a top school certainly opens up doors - This is because all the major companies will be recruiting from the Tier-1 Schools of their respective countries , which in Germany's case would be WHU- Mannheim-HHL.
Lastly, Mannheim MiM would be a good fit if you are looking at generalized management profiles - Even if you are not interested in Finance- There are other options like generalized management, operations, marketing, etc. If you are looking for primarily IT related profiles - Would suggest you to look into MIS as instead.
Maybe an evaluation will help you clarify your goals more - You can take one here : https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe

Let me know how that goes :)


Thank you so much for your reply!

You mentioned "MIS" as alternative to a IT-Focused MiM. Can you tell me what MIS means? I'm not used to the vocabulary.

Furthermore, i dont want to go 100% IT. I bring a lot of IT knowledge and want to combine that with management knowledge, to manage it-projects, or to consult in the it-area.


Hi StressTest, MIS stands for Management Information System and there are masters programs in the same. It is one of the older degrees designed for candidates who want to go further into the IT field. Since you have clarified that you are not looking into a core IT profile, there can be 2 ways through which you could leverage your IT knowledge with a management profile.
Option 1: Go for a masters in Management with consulting as your specialization which will help you get into a consulting profile in one of the Tech Gaints like Apple, Amazon, Accenture,etc. ( You would need to aim for the top schools as most of the tier-1 companies will be recruiting from there)
Option 2: Go for a Masters in Business Analytics/Data Analytics/Data Science. Analytics is a trending profile across all industries - Most analytical profiles require a strong technical acumen so you could use your IT skills here.
Let me know if you have any more questions :)
_________________
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:Book an Appointment
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Mannheim Master in Management Workload?   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2019, 22:21
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Mannheim Master in Management Workload?

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne