Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Just got off the phone with admissions office - they said decisions will be made by 4/1 (Wednesday) - as previously posted - but the interviews for R2 are over. So I suppose as of now it is straight up accept/denial (unfortunately heavy on the denial if you haven't interviewed yet). Oh well; fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mm7312 wrote:
Just got off the phone with admissions office - they said decisions will be made by 4/1 (Wednesday) - as previously posted - but the interviews for R2 are over. So I suppose as of now it is straight up accept/denial (unfortunately heavy on the denial if you haven't interviewed yet). Oh well; fingers crossed!

thanks for the info.

strange for that guy who has an interview on 4/2 though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the update.

I guess it just wasn't meant for me to go to USC. I will be heading elsewhere. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

mm7312 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Poe408 wrote:
mm7312 wrote:

thanks for the info.

strange for that guy who has an interview on 4/2 though.

I'm assuming because his was scheduled earlier on they're making an exception - getting a flight within 3 weeks of the travel date becomes pretty expensive, esp depending on the location
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat group of USC Marshall admits?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
any updates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think decisions are available now.

As expected, I got a ding. Initially, I was surprised that I didn't even get an interview invite since I have 770 GMAT and 3.75 UGPA. I do have some gap in my employment so I suppose USC did not look at that favorably. Based on my b-school application experience, it's been a hit or miss depending on the school.

I really wanted to go to the West Coast, but I suppose that will have to wait a couple of years. Good luck to everyone waiting and have fun at USC!!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.14
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
manymore wrote:

As expected, I got a ding. Initially, I was surprised that I didn't even get an interview invite since I have 770 GMAT and 3.75 UGPA. I do have some gap in my employment so I suppose USC did not look at that favorably. Based on my b-school application experience, it's been a hit or miss depending on the school.

I really wanted to go to the West Coast, but I suppose that will have to wait a couple of years. Good luck to everyone waiting and have fun at USC!!

Sorry to hear that :( especially since your stats are so great!

My application portal still hasn't been updated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
no update on mine either.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Sorry to hear that manymore.

I just called admissions and it looks like they are currently finalizing decisions and will release decisions no later than tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.11
WE:Research (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Does anyone have any info about the Admit Weekend? I haven't received any emails about it and want to book my trip ASAP
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
throwaway311 wrote:
Does anyone have any info about the Admit Weekend? I haven't received any emails about it and want to book my trip ASAP

I was told by admissions that Admit Weekend is April 24th-26th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.11
WE:Research (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
amj643 wrote:
throwaway311 wrote:

I was told that too but the fact that it hasn't officially been announced or an agenda hasn't been released is a bit worrisome. I need to plan my travel arrangements ASAP
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
manymore wrote:

I got a ding as well, and likewise was similarly surprised I didn't even get an invite. Like you, I have a few problems with my application, but nothing I considered to be a massive deal breaker which would stop me from at least getting to the interview phase.

Seems like USC is really risk averse, probably due to what's going on in their admissions office, the fact that they're short staffed and have an interim director of admissions. With their lack of time, they probably just chose people they thought were sure-r bets.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
throwaway311 wrote:
amj643 wrote:
throwaway311 wrote:

I was told that too but the fact that it hasn't officially been announced or an agenda hasn't been released is a bit worrisome. I need to plan my travel arrangements ASAP

I think you can still make your travel arrangements, as the school isn't going to change the date of Admit Weekend, especially if they've told other admitted students the date. I'm sure it's a firm date.

They probably haven't sent out anything official because the school was still finalizing R2 decisions through tomorrow. An official announcement will likely come soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Do you mind sharing when you received your notification? I'm still waiting on a decision and was thinking about calling today to check on my status, but am also aware that the admissions office is short staffed and probably overwhelmed with calls right now and don't want to add to the chaos.

rbsx wrote:
manymore wrote:

I got a ding as well, and likewise was similarly surprised I didn't even get an invite. Like you, I have a few problems with my application, but nothing I considered to be a massive deal breaker which would stop me from at least getting to the interview phase.

Seems like USC is really risk averse, probably due to what's going on in their admissions office, the fact that they're short staffed and have an interim director of admissions. With their lack of time, they probably just chose people they thought were sure-r bets.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rbsx wrote:
manymore wrote:

I don't think the school being short-staffed has anything to do with them being risk averse. All business schools are a bit risk averse, and they want applicants who can deliver on the goods when they morph from students to successful alumni. Their Interim Director of Admissions has been at USC for many years in the admissions office, so she's more than qualified to be Director of Admissions, even if only temporary.

Just give it a shot again next year. I know it's easy for me to say, but you never know what kind of talent pool they're selecting from one year to the next, so you just have to improve those weak points on your application as best as possible and hope they won't affect you next year in this process. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts