It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 18:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McDonough Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
McDonough Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
McDonough Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 05:26
Hello to all admits and Congrats!! :) :clap:

Let's start networking and helping each other! Here we may talk about funding, moving to DC, program options, networking activities...

Roll Call

*Note:- If you can't find your username in the list above, make sure you have updated your status to 'Admitted' on Decision Tracker or PM me.

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Re: McDonough Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 07:22
This post received
KUDOS
Good morning all! I received the call around 1030 EST yesterday and couldn't be more excited about the news. MSB was my number one choice so I am very relieved that I was admitted. I am relatively local to DC (I live in Annapolis, MD) and will be commuting daily to Georgetown on the Metro. I am an active duty naval officer who will be separating from the navy in July 2017. I will be funding (most) of my MBA with the GI Bill benefits from the military. I look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you over the next couple years!

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3513 [0], given: 2392

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 07:40
Jake17 wrote:
Good morning all! I received the call around 1030 EST yesterday and couldn't be more excited about the news. MSB was my number one choice so I am very relieved that I was admitted. I am relatively local to DC (I live in Annapolis, MD) and will be commuting daily to Georgetown on the Metro. I am an active duty naval officer who will be separating from the navy in July 2017. I will be funding (most) of my MBA with the GI Bill benefits from the military. I look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you over the next couple years!

Congrats Jake17 and thanks for the detailed introduction. I hope other admits will also follow suit and introduce themselves.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3513 [0], given: 2392

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
McDonough Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 10:32
Jake17 wrote:

Jake17 ... I am an Army Infantry Officer on active duty and getting out on Aug 10,17. Still have to figure out if the yellow ribbon applies since classes start Aug 7. I am applying to militarymba scholarship which has ties to MSB. PM me if you wanna know details, deadline is December 30. Also Pat tillman scholarship for veterans.
I am excited about moving to dc, currently stationed in bliss. How is motorcycle commute there and parking?
Georgetown was my second choice. First is Stern, doing the interview on Jan 5, with enough time to spare for acceptance and decision.
BTW how about that Army Navy game?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 11:39
Got the admit call at 9:45 AM yesterday and I am also psyched to attend McDonopugh. I am a reapplicant from Philadelphia and will be relocating to DC at the start of term in August. Been an accountant for a while, looking to use the experience I've have in AIM to career pivot into PE/VC or impact investing. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jake & Hasan, we missed having the Army-Navy game in Philly this year.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 11:47
hasan2mn wrote:
Jake17 wrote:

Jake17 ... I am an Army Infantry Officer on active duty and getting out on Aug 10,17. Still have to figure out if the yellow ribbon applies since classes start Aug 7. I am applying to militarymba scholarship which has ties to MSB. PM me if you wanna know details, deadline is December 30. Also Pat tillman scholarship for veterans.
I am excited about moving to dc, currently stationed in bliss. How is motorcycle commute there and parking?
Georgetown was my second choice. First is Stern, doing the interview on Jan 5, with enough time to spare for acceptance and decision.
BTW how about that Army Navy game?

Ugh.. I guess we have to let Army have one every decade and a half. I'll PM you about the scholarship and other financial details. I'm actually not sure about the motorcycle stuff as I've never had any experience with it. I think any commuting/parking outside of taking the metro into DC is a hassle, but maybe someone else could speak to it. I'm originally from Las Cruces, NM so I'm very familiar with Fort Bliss - and one of the reasons I chose Navy. I wanted to be stationed on a beach.. :lol:

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 4

McDonough Thread Master

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 18:03
ashimag14 wrote:
Hello to all admits and Congrats!! :) :clap:

Let's start networking and helping each other! Here we may talk about funding, moving to DC, program options, networking activities...

Roll Call

*Note:- If you can't find your username in the list above, make sure you have updated your status to 'Admitted' on Decision Tracker or PM me.

Hello All.... First of all congratulations... I am Ashim Agarwal and I am from India... 3+ years working at Capgemini in Technology Consulting. Really excited to be a part of the Georgetown community...

Did anyone got the scholarship info with their email letter ? None of the Indian admits have received any details about the scholarship yet.
Looking forward to meet you all soon... right now finding some sure shot way to fund my MBA... Prodigy Finance maybe...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Re: McDonough Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!!   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2016, 18:03