Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Science (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Mendoza (Notre Dame) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
webster11 wrote:
I got the call today too!

when were you interviewed
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
jxliu126 wrote:
I have 2 little kids and I live in a city 45 min to ND. ND is the only one that allows me to take care of my family while pursuing a high quality MBA!
webster11 wrote:
jxliu126 wrote:
Hi guys, I just received the call from ND admission. I'm admitted with $$$. This is the only one I applied and I will definitely enroll for ND. Good luck to all of you and hope to see you in ND! You should receive the notification soon!

Congrats! What made you so sure ND was the right school for you?

Posted from my mobile device

Big congrats~:) Good for you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
webster11 wrote:

Big congrats to you :) If just between Olin and Mendoza, which one will you choose?

But maybe you could get offers from other schools as well, then you would be in a more bitter sweet situation :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Just done with my application....Waiting for an interview invite....Hope all goes well...Anyone applying for R3 cycle ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Web Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
jnljinson wrote:
prodizy wrote:
daksha17 wrote:
Hi,
Need Help !!
I just received a mail from Mendoza admissions waiving my application fee and insisting on applying before the next deadline. Though I have no clue why they did that.However I am an international candidate and as they clearly state that there may be visa issues associated on late applying I was wondering if anyone who is in a situation like this or can help me out as to whether I should go ahead with the application please reply..
Also does a school initiated fee waiver imply better chances of getting into a college?? I haven't received any admits yet and been dinged by two.. really hoping that this be a positive sign.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hey, I would not recommend applying unless you have a great and diverse profile. Mendoza has a small class size and I think many Indians are already admitted. I wouldn't read too much into the mail you received. We all received it.

If you apply and you didn't get through(god forbid), it is difficult to reapply as the first round is only in few months(and there won't be any considerable changes in your profile by that time). It is always better to wait and apply in the next year early action(if it comes to that).

I am not trying to discourage you but this is what I feel. But, if you really like the school and have enough time to make a great app, then please go ahead!

Thanks,
Prodizy
i

Hi Prodizy,
The timing of the invitation cannot be discarded . We received it quite early , some thing like a mass mailer thing. But now after the expiry of R1 acceptance and close to R2 notification date, they might have a much more clearer idea regarding the anticipated class composition. Now taking into account , the diversity factor and the high gmat , much more wieghtage can be accorded.
Regards
Jinson

Hi Prodizy
I get your point. But I did my research and think the school would be a good fit. As for the app I hope I can prepare it well enough , Jinson has been kind enough and shared a few ideas. Will let you know how it pans out.
Thanx Jinson and Prodizy.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
daksha17 wrote:
Hi Prodizy
I get your point. But I did my research and think the school would be a good fit. As for the app I hope I can prepare it well enough , Jinson has been kind enough and shared a few ideas. Will let you know how it pans out.
Thanx Jinson and Prodizy.

If you think the school is a good fit, I think it is a good idea to apply. I received a similar email towards the end of round 2 and I was just admitted with some scholarship money. While it is a small sample I think it shows they are interested.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
levymdlu wrote:
webster11 wrote:

Big congrats to you :) If just between Olin and Mendoza, which one will you choose?

But maybe you could get offers from other schools as well, then you would be in a more bitter sweet situation :)

Thanks! I still have a lot of research to do and as mentioned am still waiting on some other schools as well. At this point I am leaning towards Mendoza due to scholarship money though.

Also I interviewed on 2/11
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
webster11 wrote:
levymdlu wrote:
webster11 wrote:

Thanks! I still have a lot of research to do and as mentioned am still waiting on some other schools as well. At this point I am leaning towards Mendoza due to scholarship money though.

Also I interviewed on 2/11

Hi,

I got a similar email inviting me to apply and calling me a preferred candidate and all.
But I got no application fee waiver. I applied anyways.
I got an email(in addition to the automated thank you for submitting one) saying we will have your admissions decision by.... and there was no date specified. They had just copied and pasted a template. I wrote to them asking to mention the date. No response.

Also, as an international candidate, I was concerned about getting the VISA work done in case of an admit (long shot, I know)
So I wrote to them again to atleast give me a date by which they can give me their decision. No response again.

Anybody else facing any similar issues? Any advice would be welcome.

:oops: Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
Send PM
Ha, got the call tonight during a dinner info session for Kelley.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mweber14 wrote:
Ha, got the call tonight during a dinner info session for Kelley.

Congrats to you! :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Eric7 wrote:

Hi,

I got a similar email inviting me to apply and calling me a preferred candidate and all.
But I got no application fee waiver. I applied anyways.
I got an email(in addition to the automated thank you for submitting one) saying we will have your admissions decision by.... and there was no date specified. They had just copied and pasted a template. I wrote to them asking to mention the date. No response.

Also, as an international candidate, I was concerned about getting the VISA work done in case of an admit (long shot, I know)
So I wrote to them again to atleast give me a date by which they can give me their decision. No response again.

Anybody else facing any similar issues? Any advice would be welcome.

:oops: Cheers!

Hey Eric,

I am not sure why you are worried. You can find the decision dates on Notre Dame site (https://business.nd.edu/MBA/Admissions_a ... Deadlines/)

Admission people are already busy with the deadlines. If you contact them for simple things, it would increase their workload and undermine your chances at the school.

All the best!

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Any int'l students got the result for R2? I am very nervous waiting for the result since the notification date is 28th Feb. Fingers crossed :-(
Retired Moderator
Send PM
pirimidin1 wrote:
Any int'l students got the result for R2? I am very nervous waiting for the result since the notification date is 28th Feb. Fingers crossed :-(

oh! yes, it's that time again!! I didn't get an interview invite, so have slight hopes though!!! Have you interviewed?

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
pirimidin1 wrote:

oh! yes, it's that time again!! I didn't get an interview invite, so have slight hopes though!!! Have you interviewed?

Thanks,
Prodizy

Yes, I had the interview on 20th Feb. Now, the status of my application has been changed to "Decision Rendered. You will receive your decision via email on the release date". I feel very nervous and worry when I see many friends here already got the phone call from the school :-(
Retired Moderator
Send PM
pirimidin1 wrote:
prodizy wrote:
pirimidin1 wrote:

Thanks,
Prodizy

Yes, I had the interview on 20th Feb. Now, the status of my application has been changed to "Decision Rendered. You will receive your decision via email on the release date". I feel very nervous and worry when I see many friends here already got the phone call from the school :-(

All the best. There is not pattern to the application status in the portal. Anyway, mine's still "application under review". When did your status change?

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
pirimidin1 wrote:
prodizy wrote:
pirimidin1 wrote:

Thanks,
Prodizy

Hi,

My Status still shows "Application under Review". I applied in Round 2 on the extended deadline of 13th Jan 2014 on receipt of mail for application with fee waiver. Don't know whether round 2 notification date is applicable to me. Confused and Nervous

Regards

Vish
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vishharyan wrote:

Hi,

My Status still shows "Application under Review". I applied in Round 2 on the extended deadline of 13th Jan 2014 on receipt of mail for application with fee waiver. Don't know whether round 2 notification date is applicable to me. Confused and Nervous

Regards

Vish

As far as I know, all the application in the Jan roudn would receive the decision on 28th Feb.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts