Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: MIM [#permalink]
samarth1222 wrote:
Hi, I Need a profile evaluation for my MiM PROGRAMME for Sept 23 intake.

Dream school - essec,escp
competitive - kedge,skema emlyon
safe - neoma, audencia
I'm pursuing my bachelor's degree from Manipal University and I'm doing BBA in marketing. my GPA till the 3rd semester is 8/10.
I have worked in 2 internships one was an ed-tech startup and another was a traditional business. and both of them were one-month internships. after the 12th I also started an online business on which I worked for 6 months but after that, I have to close it down. I have also worked in an NGO for a month where I did some work in social media marketing and in the field of hr and finance and social work. basically, I worked in every department for that ngo I have LOR from all the 3 places where I have worked. so right now I'm preparing for my GMAT and IELTS exams which I will give in the month of July. and I will be applying in round 1 in all of these schools. so my expected GMAT would be around 670.
I don't have many extracurriculars. and also I don't have any sports. also, I don't have any participation in my college clubs. nither any international exposure.
so are there any changes that should I make in my school and also if I would concentrate on my GMAT and application essays and sop so will I be able to get into my dream school? or any ways in which I can work to increase my international exposure.

Hello samarth1222 hope you are doing well

You do have a decent number of diverse experiences to talk about albeit mostly short-tenured. Developing a strong narrative that focuses on your contributions and impact generated at each of the internships and first-hand learnings from setting up your own online business may do the trick for you. I am sure you would have gained insights into the unique problems faced in ed-tech, traditional businesses, and social impact enterprises. Deliberate on these experiences and think about what would you like to do in the long term and how the target programs would help you attain your long-term goals buy empowering you with skillsets to pursue suitable professional roles in the mid-term.

While your ECs may be weak, you should not miss an opportunity to highlight any initiatives that you took to help someone or to bring about a positive change in society. While you may not have been consistent in your outside work pursuits, I hope that this brief write-up would help you massage your memory to recall instances where you subconsciously took initiatives that helped address some social concerns.

How to put together an impressive ECs essay when you don’t have many?

For now, focus on giving your best performance on GMAT. In parallel, I would encourage you to interact with alumni from your target schools and attend webinars conducted by schools so that you broaden your perspective on the programs and possible opportunities post-MiM. This experience would also give you useful content to talk about in your essays and interviews later.

If you wish to seek professional guidance on your applications strategy feel free to reach out.

Best wishes
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MIM [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts