Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 168
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: My Enhanced Score Report- 530 [#permalink]
mvictor wrote:
riteshpatnaik wrote:
Dear All,

I took my GMAT on 3 Dec 2016. I was completely Shattered 530 Q38 V28. Had a rough last 2 months , wife in surgery now recovering. My mocks 710 (Q47 V38) and 660 ( Q41 V40 ). I am attaching my Enhanced Score Report so that I can get suggestions from all how to go about my preps starting Jan. Please be critical if you have to be I wouldn't mind a bit. I will appreciate all the help I can get now because I want to cross 750 and will give everything for it.

I am having an issue in staying focused after quants. Plus the IR was very Table and graphs heavy so got drained a lot there and managed a 3. Also, I got 3 probability questions , a couple of coordinates and set questions, question wordings were also very crooked like in one probability (one huge sentence probability combinatorics question question - choice of 1 of 3 XYZ, 4 of 7 XYZ, with the restriction 1 not from 3 XYZ and 2 not from XYZ and so on back and forth, very confusing. The RC's were all Historical plus scientific very dense 3 para's each and one of 1 para and 5 questions. 2 very dense back to RC in first 20 and got a method of reasoning and an assumption question after the two RCs; All of these made me think I am going great so guessed 3 to 5 questions to make up for time lost in RC, so wondering how does one gauge during the test where one is.

I made sure that the CATs were as realistic as possible including breaks. I generally don't remember questions because I don't attempt to memorise them but try working it out so I don't remember if the questions were repeated. In July when I had posted I had my Test on Aug 31 but due to work commitments was travelling and reached on the day of exam so just gave it for the heck of it. Then from mid-Sep I prepped. Mostly quants and on weekends SC Grail, RC Grail and CR power score but this I started in October end.

In mid-October I gave my mock 1 exam pack 2- score of 710, then my wife met with an accident and had to undergo surgery and hence from Nov1 till 20 I didn't study anything. Then came back brushed up and gave my 2 nd Mock exam 2 and Got 660.

I am working professional so can spare 3 hrs a day and 6 hrs on weekend. Any suggestions how to go about.

Hi Mate,

first of all, some guys might advise you to cancel your score... It's better to keep this small "unsuccess" to yourself, and not show it on your score report. On the other hand, though, having a low score, and later a much bigger one - can prove that you can show commitment to achieving success.

Second - from what I see on your verbal - you made some crucial mistakes during the first 10 questions. You need to focus more on the beginning of the verbal part, as it has been demonstrated that how you answer the first questions - so will the whole part go. The difficulty chart proves exactly this. As you might know, the test starts with medium level questions. If you answer incorrectly from the beginning, the test will give you easier questions...the more you continue answering incorrectly at the beginning, the harder it would be for you to get to the tougher questions, which actually would increase your score. Your CR score is pretty good, but it looks like you could not focus much on the RC. The same applies for SC. I see that you spent about 70 minutes overall on your verbal section; probably you would need to work on your timing as well. Your overall average time for V is 1m41sec, or 69min1sec. You had almost 6 minutes left...

The same timing problem is on Quant. IT looks that you finished your Quant section in 71 minutes and 32 seconds. Make sure that you spend enough time on each question. While you started Q good, the second part of the section had a negative influence on your score. Usually scores under 40 show lack of familiarity with the test's format and/or of fundamentals. Make sure your fundamentals are good enough.

Overall, I would recommend:
1. work on your fundamentals on Quant;
2. read as much as possible in English, to improve your RC;
3. Make sure you understand the intended meaning of the sentences in SC;
4. Time is your enemy - if you are given 75 minutes, get as much as you can from it.

Hi,
I have used Target Test Prep for Quants and SC Grail, RC Grail by Aristotle and CR POWERSCORE 2015

Do you recommend MGMAT Quant Guides + OG 17 + GMAT CLUB for Quants and MGMAT SC ?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
riteshpatnaik wrote:
mvictor wrote:
riteshpatnaik wrote:
Dear All,

I took my GMAT on 3 Dec 2016. I was completely Shattered 530 Q38 V28. Had a rough last 2 months , wife in surgery now recovering. My mocks 710 (Q47 V38) and 660 ( Q41 V40 ). I am attaching my Enhanced Score Report so that I can get suggestions from all how to go about my preps starting Jan. Please be critical if you have to be I wouldn't mind a bit. I will appreciate all the help I can get now because I want to cross 750 and will give everything for it.

I am having an issue in staying focused after quants. Plus the IR was very Table and graphs heavy so got drained a lot there and managed a 3. Also, I got 3 probability questions , a couple of coordinates and set questions, question wordings were also very crooked like in one probability (one huge sentence probability combinatorics question question - choice of 1 of 3 XYZ, 4 of 7 XYZ, with the restriction 1 not from 3 XYZ and 2 not from XYZ and so on back and forth, very confusing. The RC's were all Historical plus scientific very dense 3 para's each and one of 1 para and 5 questions. 2 very dense back to RC in first 20 and got a method of reasoning and an assumption question after the two RCs; All of these made me think I am going great so guessed 3 to 5 questions to make up for time lost in RC, so wondering how does one gauge during the test where one is.

I made sure that the CATs were as realistic as possible including breaks. I generally don't remember questions because I don't attempt to memorise them but try working it out so I don't remember if the questions were repeated. In July when I had posted I had my Test on Aug 31 but due to work commitments was travelling and reached on the day of exam so just gave it for the heck of it. Then from mid-Sep I prepped. Mostly quants and on weekends SC Grail, RC Grail and CR power score but this I started in October end.

In mid-October I gave my mock 1 exam pack 2- score of 710, then my wife met with an accident and had to undergo surgery and hence from Nov1 till 20 I didn't study anything. Then came back brushed up and gave my 2 nd Mock exam 2 and Got 660.

I am working professional so can spare 3 hrs a day and 6 hrs on weekend. Any suggestions how to go about.

Hi Mate,

first of all, some guys might advise you to cancel your score... It's better to keep this small "unsuccess" to yourself, and not show it on your score report. On the other hand, though, having a low score, and later a much bigger one - can prove that you can show commitment to achieving success.

Second - from what I see on your verbal - you made some crucial mistakes during the first 10 questions. You need to focus more on the beginning of the verbal part, as it has been demonstrated that how you answer the first questions - so will the whole part go. The difficulty chart proves exactly this. As you might know, the test starts with medium level questions. If you answer incorrectly from the beginning, the test will give you easier questions...the more you continue answering incorrectly at the beginning, the harder it would be for you to get to the tougher questions, which actually would increase your score. Your CR score is pretty good, but it looks like you could not focus much on the RC. The same applies for SC. I see that you spent about 70 minutes overall on your verbal section; probably you would need to work on your timing as well. Your overall average time for V is 1m41sec, or 69min1sec. You had almost 6 minutes left...

The same timing problem is on Quant. IT looks that you finished your Quant section in 71 minutes and 32 seconds. Make sure that you spend enough time on each question. While you started Q good, the second part of the section had a negative influence on your score. Usually scores under 40 show lack of familiarity with the test's format and/or of fundamentals. Make sure your fundamentals are good enough.

Overall, I would recommend:
1. work on your fundamentals on Quant;
2. read as much as possible in English, to improve your RC;
3. Make sure you understand the intended meaning of the sentences in SC;
4. Time is your enemy - if you are given 75 minutes, get as much as you can from it.

Hi,
I have used Target Test Prep for Quants and SC Grail, RC Grail by Aristotle and CR POWERSCORE 2015

Do you recommend MGMAT Quant Guides + OG 17 + GMAT CLUB for Quants and MGMAT SC ?

I can't say much about MGMAT SC. MGMAT Quant books are good though.
I used Magoosh for quant, and e-gmat for verbal - it worked for me.
You can try GMATClub's books on fundamentals, they are good too.
GMAT Club Bot