Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: My GMAT take 2 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi siddddd,

Considering how long it's been since you were in 'study mode', this 680 is a really strong performance. I have a few questions about this CAT though:

1) Was this a free 'marketing' CAT or one that you paid for?
2) Did you complete the Essay portion or did you skip it?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
770 on GMAT 9 years back and 680 on Kaplan test with zero preparation! Looks like the 770 record might be on its way to be broken by you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry for the late response. Was out for a day. @Rich...Thanks! This was the first test that Kaplan provides along with its self prep course that I took. I did complete the essay portion as I wanted to make it as realistic as possible(though I did take it from midnight to 3AM so not quite realistic :)). @Prijith, thanks for the kind words but I can see some areas where I have no clue whatsoever and given I have about 6 weeks to prep, my work is cut out for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Back after a long break. Ended up having a slipped disc in my back and had to postpone my exam. I'm taking it on the 6th of Oct, a few weeks past what I had intended. Took my first practice test, the Brightest Minds MBA Scholarship test and scored a 750. I plan to take 2 tests a day(the GMAT Prep software ones and Kaplan) until test day finetuning areas where I see myself lagging behind. Anybody got any suggestions for other paid tests that would help me practice?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi siddddd,

Since you're so close to your Official Test Date, you should NOT be taking any CATs at this point (much less a CAT a day or two CATs a day). There's no benefit to taking CATs now - and you would be more likely to 'burn out' before Test Day - which is something that you want to avoid. In these last few days, you might find it useful to review some of the earlier material that you worked on (and even revisit any CAT questions that you got wrong months ago). At this point, you should be doing light work only (NO CATs and NO cramming) and trying to get a bit of extra rest. You'll be better served going into Test Day calm, well-rested and ready to work than trying to cram in a lot of unnecessary practice into these last few days.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Rich! That makes sense. However since I have only done 2 full length CATs during my prep I would feel more comfortable if I could do at least one or two more so I can build some stamina and know what to expect. Which one would you recommend if I wanted to do a CAT that is very representative of the GMAT
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just for reference, so far my prep has included the OG, verbal and quant OGs as well as Kaplan prep.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi siddddd,

The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2). Just to reiterate the prior point though, there is very little benefit to taking any additional CATs at this point (and there's the potential for some negative 'side effects' that you really want to avoid).

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks again Rich... I ended up doing the two GMAC tests and getting a 760 each time. I do understand why you said not to be doing a ton of tests at the last moment but since my prep was so compressed I had not built any stamina doing full length tests and realized a few issues only by doing these. Now I'm trying to fall asleep with butterflies in my tummy trying not to think of the test tomorrow. Fingers crossed :).
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts