It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 07:51

STARTING SOON:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms in Main Chat Room  |  R1 Interview Invites: MIT Sloan Chat  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  |  Duke Fuqua Chat (EA Decisions)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My HBS Campus Visit Experience! 2018 Intake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
G

Kudos [?]: 219 [2], given: 186

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
My HBS Campus Visit Experience! 2018 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 22:30
This post received
KUDOS
Hello There,

R1 deadline for HBS is approaching! And some of you might have taken those extra efforts to visit the HBS campus.

Please use this thread to share the HBS campus visit experience.

Feel free to upload pics if you have any so that all of us get at least get the virtual tour experience.

Must read sample for Tuck Campus Visit Experience : https://gmatclub.com/forum/tuck-campus- ... 46215.html

Old sample for HBS campus visit experience: https://gmatclub.com/forum/campus-visit-hbs-151908.html

Also, have a look at this beautiful video from HBS about "Autumn at HBS": https://youtu.be/fL9Cxss_D1g

All the best for your GMAT and applications!
Attachments

HBS.PNG
HBS.PNG [ 538.02 KiB | Viewed 654 times ]

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Worried About IDIOMS? Here is a Daily Practice List: https://gmatclub.com/forum/idiom-s-ydmuley-s-daily-practice-list-250731.html#p1937393

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Kudos [?]: 219 [2], given: 186

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28495 [0], given: 5112

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: My HBS Campus Visit Experience! 2018 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 22:55
Also a fantastic Tuck Visit Report just got posted here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/tuck-campus- ... 46215.html (I know this is not Tuck but just to give an idea/example.... and maybe change your mind about HBS ;-))

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28495 [0], given: 5112

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 28

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: My HBS Campus Visit Experience! 2018 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 06:46
I have a mentor at work who is an HBS graduate. I had a conversation with him before I went to campus and the main takeaway was that everyone has an idea of what HBS "should" be like, but when you get there you begin to realize that there really is not one "HBS type" it is a diverse group of people from different backgrounds all learning from each other. SO I tried to keep this in mind when I went to campus and I cannot really begin to describe to you how true this was. When I got to Dillon with all of the other visiting students I will say I felt completely out of place...first I was the only female there..and I definitely felt like the other visitors were of a certain "type" of person (Disclaimer: I am sure that if I got to know them well they are all obviously unique individuals with different backgrounds so I am just pointing out my first impression here based on my limited interaction. I also kinda got the feeling that some of them were just trying to play the "HBS type" part) However, the feeling in the classroom was the exact opposite. I no longer felt like I didn't belong and that's precisely because of the diversity of opinions in the classroom that HBS works so hard to cultivate. This was definitely my biggest take away from my visit, and gave me some much needed perspective about how to tell my unique story that portrays who I am not who I think HBS wants me to be. And for that reason, I think if you can visit campus before applying you absolutely should and do so expecting to observe the diversity of the student body not just the star struck "HBS type". It will 100% help you write a better application. (If you're curious the class I sat in on was The Entrepreneurial Manager also known as TEM, the case was Crossfit)

Feel free to ask me any questions! I will try my best to answer

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 28

Re: My HBS Campus Visit Experience! 2018 Intake   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2017, 06:46

My HBS Campus Visit Experience! 2018 Intake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, OasisGC, aeropower, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap