GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Jan 2020, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need help! To improve from disastrous 440 to 700+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 4
Re: Need help! To improve from disastrous 440 to 700+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2016, 11:07
BrazilianPhD wrote:
akshay fitwe wrote:
Hi
Thankyou for your reply.
I took Gmat Cat-1 and scored a mere 440.I want atleast 680 for considering application to programmes ( MBA or MSM in SCM).
I plan to take gmat in July 2017 and apply for R1 2017 for bschools.
Any Insights?

440 is a low score, so it seems you'll need to review and study a lot of concepts and strategies for taking the GMAT. At least for me, following gmatprepnow.com learning guide helped a lot, then you can get go deeper with Manhattan.

Thanks a lot. Is 680+ possible with tailored approach within 6 months??
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2016, 11:21
akshay fitwe wrote:
Thanks a lot. Is 680+ possible with tailored approach within 6 months??

I believe it is possible, of course. It is not easy, since you're well below the average score. But if you really study hard (with planning, organization and determination) using the material you have, that score is expected to jump.
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2016, 11:54
Hi akshay fitwe,

Many Test Takers are unhappy with their initial practice scores, but you really shouldn't be. It's just a measure of your skills right now - and we need to know your skills, strengths and weaknesses so that we can put together the proper study plan for you. Raising a 440 to a 700+ will take some serious work - and you'll have to make some significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, 6 months gives you a LOT of potential study time. Considering your score goal, you would likely find it beneficial to invest in a GMAT Course of some type (either Guided Self-Study or instructor-led).

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional questions, then just let me know.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need help! To improve from disastrous 440 to 700+   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2016, 11:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

Need help! To improve from disastrous 440 to 700+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep