GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 02:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need help with time management on Verbal section!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Need help with time management on Verbal section!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 12:29
Hello guys,

I have some problem with the verbal section. Last test I took, I scored V32. However now when I’m taking the GMAT Prep tests, I’m scoring around V25-28. Despite not having studied that much verbal last months (because I only needed to improve my quant (Q50 last Prep tests)), I am still sure that I am at a higher level on the verbal section now than last time I took the test (so it should be around V32-33). So I haven't forgot the knowledge. However, my conclusion is that I have forgot my timing strategy. I think that my time management is what is ruining it for me.

I analysed my last score, and I saw that I actually got 13/18 correct answers in the first half of the verbal section. But in the second half I only managed to get 4/18 (!!!) questions correct. Of course this has to do with my time management, since I rushed at the end. My time management on the Quant section was my problem last time, but I have gotten that under control 100%. But now the problem is with the timing strategy on the verbal section. I am spending too much time in the beginning.

I have read this topic: https://gmatclub.com/forum/timing-strat ... 06035.html. It's really helpful. I think I need to work on the mental part. I'm so eager to get ALL questions correct, so in the beginning of the verbal section, I might spend a couple of minutes on a single CR question. This has to change right? What do I do if I read the CR question, gives it 1,5 minutes and still don't understand it? Move on, right?? (this is the part I need help with the most)

How do you interpret this situation? Thoughts?

H,
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Need help with time management on Verbal section!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 12:38
Hi Hatethissh,

We last discussed your studies about 10 months ago, so I have a few questions about how you approached the GMAT at that time:

1) Late last year, you noted that you were planning to take the GMAT 2 more times after your first attempt (which was a 550/Q35/V31). Did you end up retaking the GMAT as planned (and if so, then how did you score on each of your other attempts - including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH?)?

2) Assuming that you did take the GMAT more than once, have you taken the Official GMAC practice CATs more than once? Which other 'brands' of practice CATs have you used over the course of your entire studies?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need help with time management on Verbal section!!!   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2019, 12:38

Need help with time management on Verbal section!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep