It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 13:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need input in my TOEFLibt writing skill. I need honest advise! Thanks!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need input in my TOEFLibt writing skill. I need honest advise! Thanks! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 23:40
Do you agree or disagree?
Distance learning and online computer class should replace classroom setting learning.

While it is true that distant and virtual education are popular in our modern society, however, such alternatives are not feasible to some courses. There are programs that a conventional education method is more effective especially in courses that need hands-on training, real-world experience of the subject, and interpersonal skill.
There is no alternative way to learn than in the classroom to be a successful healthcare professional such as a nurse. To study nursing one must study in school because this is a special and complex field that needs practical application. To name a few, one must learn human anatomy, patient care in a hospital setting, interpersonal skill and so on. To learn the body parts effectively, an actual hands-on study is very important. It is very complex that an actual observation of the nerves, bones, and muscles is part of the curriculum which an alternative learning can’t accomplish.
In addition, an internship training in the hospital is very important to be able to handle patients in a real-hospital setting. For example, taking vital signs of the patients should be learned in actual patients which an alternative education can’t do.
Lastly, there’s no better way to improve social skill than to go to school and meet new people from different walks of life which one can’t experience if studying alone at home in front of a computer. Socializing is an integral part of student life because it can improve interpersonal skill. This skill can help individuals to face the real-world situation when crisis arise. Face to face contact will help oneself feel better and feel happy which help students to succeed. For example, a nursing student should have a good interpersonal to handle patients to be successful.

Therefore, a traditional education system should remain as there are programs that such alternative schooling can’t offer. Especially those fields that need internship training, a real classroom experience should be taken.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
G

Kudos [?]: 361 [0], given: 176

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Stanford '20
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Need input in my TOEFLibt writing skill. I need honest advise! Thanks! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 09:47
Debra wrote:
Do you agree or disagree?
Distance learning and online computer class should replace classroom setting learning.

While it is true that distant and virtual education are popular in our modern society, however, such alternatives are not feasible to some courses. There are programs that a conventional education method is more effective especially in courses that need hands-on training, real-world experience of the subject, and interpersonal skill.
There is no alternative way to learn than in the classroom to be a successful healthcare professional such as a nurse. To study nursing one must study in school because this is a special and complex field that needs practical application. To name a few, one must learn human anatomy, patient care in a hospital setting, interpersonal skill and so on. To learn the body parts effectively, an actual hands-on study is very important. It is very complex that an actual observation of the nerves, bones, and muscles is part of the curriculum which an alternative learning can’t accomplish.
In addition, an internship training in the hospital is very important to be able to handle patients in a real-hospital setting. For example, taking vital signs of the patients should be learned in actual patients which an alternative education can’t do.
Lastly, there’s no better way to improve social skill than to go to school and meet new people from different walks of life which one can’t experience if studying alone at home in front of a computer. Socializing is an integral part of student life because it can improve interpersonal skill. This skill can help individuals to face the real-world situation when crisis arise. Face to face contact will help oneself feel better and feel happy which help students to succeed. For example, a nursing student should have a good interpersonal to handle patients to be successful.

Therefore, a traditional education system should remain as there are programs that such alternative schooling can’t offer. Especially those fields that need internship training, a real classroom experience should be taken.

an overall good essay. You identified your main point of view, and you tried to provide arguments for it. This is exactly what should be done with such types of essays.
Disregarding the minor grammar errors, which can really be disregarded at TOEFL, I would suggest adding at least one or two more sentences in the 3rd paragraph. Usually, a typical paragraph must have 4-5 sentences.

I would definitely give 4+ for it.

Good luck! :)

Kudos [?]: 361 [0], given: 176

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 30

Re: Need input in my TOEFLibt writing skill. I need honest advise! Thanks! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 10:34
I wish I could write like this. :wink:
Seems a good essay but I spot a few grammar errors.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 30

Re: Need input in my TOEFLibt writing skill. I need honest advise! Thanks!   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2017, 10:34