It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 09:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Inputs on MSF Programs (STEM certified only)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Schools: NMIMS, Mumbai, India - Class of 2016
GRE 1: 311 Q167 V144
GPA: 3.82
Need Inputs on MSF Programs (STEM certified only) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2016, 23:03
Hello Everyone,

Bit about my background. I worked for Accenture (IT) for around 2.5 years post undergraduate degree in Computers in India. I then completed MBA Finance in 2016 from a top 10 college in India and would be joining a bank shortly. I am planning to pursue MSF in 2018 which is 2 years down the line. The main reason behind this is to specialize in particular area of finance and hopefully look for good job opportunities in the US.
I had given GRE (Q: 167 V:144) and TOEFL (103) couple of years back and hence, I would have to retake TOEFL atleast.
I know it is quite early to be asking for 2018 admissions, but if I could get your expert comments and views on my profile and the programs (STEM certified only) that I could target then, it would be of great help since I could structure my resume accordingly in these 2 years.

Would really appreciate your inputs on this !!
Thanks a lot in advance.

Intern
Intern

Re: Need Inputs on MSF Programs (STEM certified only) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 09:22
Could someone please help me in addressing the above query ?

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
B

Kudos [?]: 94 [2] , given: 1

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 06:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
STEM Certified MSF programs:

MIT MSF
WUSTL MSF-Q
Temple (number of programs)
Sacred Heart University MS in Finance & Investment Management
University of Buffalo MSF
University of Cincinnati MSF
Fordham MS in Global Finance
University of Denver Masters in Applied Quantitative Finance

I am sure there are a number of others, but this is what I found right away. More programs are getting their MSF STEM-certified because of how it helps international students so I would expect a number of other well known programs to have it by the time you are going to school.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Kudos [?]: 94 [2] , given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2016, 12:36
Thanks a lot for your response!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.6
Need Inputs on MSF Programs (STEM certified only) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 17:45
MSFHQ wrote:
STEM Certified MSF programs:

MIT MSF
WUSTL MSF-Q
Temple (number of programs)
Sacred Heart University MS in Finance & Investment Management
University of Buffalo MSF
University of Cincinnati MSF
Fordham MS in Global Finance
University of Denver Masters in Applied Quantitative Finance

I am sure there are a number of others, but this is what I found right away. More programs are getting their MSF STEM-certified because of how it helps international students so I would expect a number of other well known programs to have it by the time you are going to school.

Thanks for the List MSFHQ!! I guess I am in the same boat as OP - International candidate, hence Looking for STEM based programs for the additional OPT period on offer. I have got a GMAT score of 760 (V41, Q51) and TOEFL score of 111. I've got close to 5 years of workEx in Finance (Equity research) and total of 7 years of Work exp, all of it in India. In my research, I was able to find a few more STEM accredited programs (Some of them got this STEM Accreditation very recently)

1. Vanderbilt - MSF
2. UCONN - MSFRM
3. Rochester Simon - MSF
4. I found that MBA at UCONN had three STEM accredited specializations . Link here: http://mba.uconn.edu/academics/elective-tracks/

MSFHQ - Can you please suggest a good STEM MSF program for an International candidate like me, with 5+ years of work exp?. I can see that class profiles in top MSF ( MIT, Vandy) are geared towards fresh Grad students (right out of college) or early stage professionals (1-2 years of work exp). I did Apply for MIT but was not invited for the Interview. (Probably my work Exp played spoilsport).

How would Vandy treat applicants with 5+ years of work exp? would it be a deterrent there too?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need Inputs on MSF Programs (STEM certified only)   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2017, 17:45