It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 05:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 21:49
got an invite for evaluate interview...!!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 23:17
Do all applicants get an invite for the evaluative interview?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 12

BSchool Thread Master
S

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Operations
Schools: Broad '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 05:01
MonojitBhattacharjee wrote:
Do all applicants get an invite for the evaluative interview?

Anybody that visits campus can self initiate an interview. The rest are invite only, and you can be denied or waitlisted without an interview.

BSchool Thread Master
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 06:03
2 and a half weeks until decisions.......this wait is killing me.

Has anyone else completed their interviews?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.56

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 06:15
cxa0897 wrote:
2 and a half weeks until decisions.......this wait is killing me.

Has anyone else completed their interviews?

How was your interview cxa? I have scheduled mine on 23rd as i needed some time for completing all my apps.

BSchool Thread Master
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 08:25
I interviewed on campus during an event back in September.

It was with Paul, and pretty casual. 4 or 5 questions mixed into chatting. Usual stuff about the resume, goals, etc. Nothing behavioral that I remember. It took 20-25 minutes, about the same as the three other interviews that took place that day with other students. Everyone seemed to be done quickly

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 09:17
cxa0897 wrote:
I interviewed on campus during an event back in September.

It was with Paul, and pretty casual. 4 or 5 questions mixed into chatting. Usual stuff about the resume, goals, etc. Nothing behavioral that I remember. It took 20-25 minutes, about the same as the three other interviews that took place that day with other students. Everyone seemed to be done quickly

Great! Wish you all the best, and considering your profile and gmat score, i think you will get the good news soon!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
Just finished with my interview, and it probably could not have gone any worse! First the call dropped in the middle of my answer, and then I goofed up in the next few questions. In the end it lasted for 20 mins with the basic set of questions that one expects. Lets see whats is their decision now! :(

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 15:20
niladrinm wrote:
Just finished with my interview, and it probably could not have gone any worse! First the call dropped in the middle of my answer, and then I goofed up in the next few questions. In the end it lasted for 20 mins with the basic set of questions that one expects. Lets see whats is their decision now! :(

I'm sure you did very well! Would you mind sharing some of the questions presented to you during the interview? Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 08:51
ago123 wrote:
niladrinm wrote:

I'm sure you did very well! Would you mind sharing some of the questions presented to you during the interview? Thanks!

I had really wanted to nail the interview as Broad is one of my target b schools, alas!

The questions were behavioural, non verbatim and not in order: What conc have you selected and why, how do you deal with conflict, describe a moment when you were stressed, describe a person with whom you love to work and why.
Had really worked hard on why MSU and stuff, but turns out paul really has his own set of questions. He also has a poker-face, so don't get intimidated by his indifferent look. My meeting as per skype records lasted a max of 15 mins. Hope this helps !

BSchool Thread Master
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 06:30
niladrinm wrote:
ago123 wrote:
niladrinm wrote:

I had really wanted to nail the interview as Broad is one of my target b schools, alas!

The questions were behavioural, non verbatim and not in order: What conc have you selected and why, how do you deal with conflict, describe a moment when you were stressed, describe a person with whom you love to work and why.
Had really worked hard on why MSU and stuff, but turns out paul really has his own set of questions. He also has a poker-face, so don't get intimidated by his indifferent look. My meeting as per skype records lasted a max of 15 mins. Hope this helps !

Are you young? I had an entirely different type of interview with respect to the question tone. If you don't have much work experience it would explain this

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 09:35
Are you young? I had an entirely different type of interview with respect to the question tone. If you don't have much work experience it would explain this[/quote]

Not really, I have 6 yrs of experience, it might have to do with the poor internet connection as we never got a decent chance to engage well, or maybe something else that I don't know.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 07:47
I gave my application interview earlier today, but I messed it up badly. Could you guys tell me whether a poor interview can lead to rejection of the application?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 14

Schools: Katz '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 07:52
sayak2708 wrote:
I gave my application interview earlier today, but I messed it up badly. Could you guys tell me whether a poor interview can lead to rejection of the application?

Hey! I am sure you did fine. Why do you say you did poor? Any trouble with the questions?

I gave my interview yesterday. Yes it was a bit off the normal track of questions. I had a discussion regarding the application process with Paul. He had said that all the components are important. If you lose out on one, that doesn't mean that you will be rejected. Your entire application package is the main thing for the admit.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 08:00
smahapa2 wrote:
sayak2708 wrote:

Hey! I am sure you did fine. Why do you say you did poor? Any trouble with the questions?

I gave my interview yesterday. Yes it was a bit off the normal track of questions. I had a discussion regarding the application process with Paul. He had said that all the components are important. If you lose out on one, that doesn't mean that you will be rejected. Your entire application package is the main thing for the admit.

Firstly the system was a bit hard to understand; moreover, I was nervous and stammered a lot during the interview. Worst part is that I couldn't finish the 'Why MBA' answer before the clock hit 2 mins mark. :cry: :cry:
I am now just skeptical whether they will reject the application based on this interview fiasco. Even I had an one-to-one interview with Paul. Even though he said that all components were equally important, I think that they will put some extra importance on communication skills.

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: Katz '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 08:48
sayak2708 wrote:
smahapa2 wrote:
sayak2708 wrote:

Firstly the system was a bit hard to understand; moreover, I was nervous and stammered a lot during the interview. Worst part is that I couldn't finish the 'Why MBA' answer before the clock hit 2 mins mark. :cry: :cry:
I am now just skeptical whether they will reject the application based on this interview fiasco. Even I had an one-to-one interview with Paul. Even though he said that all components were equally important, I think that they will put some extra importance on communication skills.

Don't count on that.... there's lot more to this process. Stay positive and hope for the best!

BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 03:27
Hey is it required for the recommenders to submit recommendation ??
One of my recommenders didn't receive any link yet

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
S

Kudos [?]: 47 [1], given: 6

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 05:49
This post received
KUDOS
anujasterisk90 wrote:
Hey is it required for the recommenders to submit recommendation ??
One of my recommenders didn't receive any link yet

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Neither of my recommenders received links, and it is considered optional. I don't think either received a phone call while my app has been in review either, or at least they haven't told me so.

From speaking with Paul during my interview, I think the references are used as a safety net if they are unsure of your credibility or if you are on the edge of yes/no. He basically said they don't require letters because they can't be sure of who wrote them and they lose all their value because of such.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Schools: Mendoza '20
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 09:43
Have any of you early-rounders heard back on an admissions decision yet? The wait is killing me!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
Negative on a decision so far. I am almost positive they will all be released the day of the deadline.

If you flip back through the years on the decision tracker it seems to have a lot of updates on the same days rather than a trickle. Pretty indicative of a mass announcement

Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2017, 14:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 93 posts ] 

Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap